Community is full with lazy a-holes
---
I like games
#32AnaConda1114Posted 10/8/2012 4:39:38 AM
RUNwhenCOPScome posted...
AnaConda1114 posted...
E.G.D. man...

Entitled Gamer Disorder

they want whatever they want, with as much work as they deem they should put in, and screw you if you tell them they can't have it. Certain guns are supposed to be very rare and take time to get? Well, forget that, those with EGD determine for themselves the proper effort require for the reward. I mean, who has time to farm a boss for an hour when you could spend that hour searching on message boards and requesting rare loot.

Don't fret too much though, they'll all be bored of the game within another few weeks and they'll be on to cheating in another game to get their kicks. Besides, most dupers, etc. are young kids and teenagers who find it cool they can get rare loot so easy, so don't be too hard on them.

I can't tell if you are promoting or defiling duping.

Both.

My personal opinion is that it ruins the integrity of the game, to constantly join games where people have overpowered, duped weapons. I also don't understand the logic since the whole draw of the game is the loot grind.

However, I also don't let it bother me too much, for the reasons I stated. If people wanna dupe, they're gonna, but those are the people who will move onto something new very quickly.

And yes, I get there are some people who have 3 level 50s and don't wanna grind another all the way to 50. But then again, the game hasn't even been out a month yet. Why do u NEED to have all ur guys and guns maxed out so quickly? So what if it takes you 6 months to do it, isn't that the point of playing? Fun in your free time?

Just my opinion. Carry on.
---
X-Box Live: Anaconda1114
#33LordOfDonkeysPosted 10/8/2012 4:44:32 AM
I mean honestly this is like the video game equivalent of boycotting soup kitchens. Nobody's forcing you to eat at them, but that doesn't entitle you to take a dump on the people who do like you're better than they are.
---
With the advent of online games came the creation of the 10th level of Hell, reserved solely for tea-baggers.
#34dot_hack_pavesPosted 10/8/2012 4:49:46 AM
Okay I'm for duping but I'm also against ignorance so I must say that the 'if you're against duping your against sharing' argument is really dumb. Duping isn't the same as sharing. Imagine a limited edition baseball card of which only 100 are made. If you were an avid baseball card collector you would pride yourself greatly in having one of those cards. What if one day suddenly it's in the news that thousands of identical knockoffs were manufactured, rendering the originals worthless? That wouldn't be very good at all. Would make the people who worked to get those originals feel bad

Okay so that's why anti dupers are, as I so eloquently stated before, buttmad. They have a right to be mad... Butttttt it's a game so grow up and get over it. It's only going to be relevant for another couple weeks. I played the game and have almost 1000/1000 it and plan on selling it soon. Probably next week. So I'm gonna dupe and have fun slaying things my way and I'm gonna dupe for others and spread the wealth until then
---
GT - paves911
#35CruorComaPosted 10/8/2012 4:50:19 AM
What I can't grasp is why even play a game when it's basic fundamental point has no appeal to you? The general attitude of this board, in the months leading up to release was heavily against duping and modding online. Then launch date rolls around and the flavour of the month, hype train passengers roll in, ruin things then flock to the next big thing whilst the damage to the long term community has already been done.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leach off the creativity of those you condemn?
#36RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 10/8/2012 4:51:17 AM
AnaConda1114 posted...
RUNwhenCOPScome posted...
AnaConda1114 posted...
E.G.D. man...

Entitled Gamer Disorder

they want whatever they want, with as much work as they deem they should put in, and screw you if you tell them they can't have it. Certain guns are supposed to be very rare and take time to get? Well, forget that, those with EGD determine for themselves the proper effort require for the reward. I mean, who has time to farm a boss for an hour when you could spend that hour searching on message boards and requesting rare loot.

Don't fret too much though, they'll all be bored of the game within another few weeks and they'll be on to cheating in another game to get their kicks. Besides, most dupers, etc. are young kids and teenagers who find it cool they can get rare loot so easy, so don't be too hard on them.

I can't tell if you are promoting or defiling duping.

Both.

My personal opinion is that it ruins the integrity of the game, to constantly join games where people have overpowered, duped weapons. I also don't understand the logic since the whole draw of the game is the loot grind.

However, I also don't let it bother me too much, for the reasons I stated. If people wanna dupe, they're gonna, but those are the people who will move onto something new very quickly.

And yes, I get there are some people who have 3 level 50s and don't wanna grind another all the way to 50. But then again, the game hasn't even been out a month yet. Why do u NEED to have all ur guys and guns maxed out so quickly? So what if it takes you 6 months to do it, isn't that the point of playing? Fun in your free time?

Just my opinion. Carry on.

I feel the same way. I got the game at midnight and I still haven't beat it. My highest level guy is 25. The duping doesn't bother me becuase I'm usually playing with my brothers or other people i know irl so we go at our own pace. Every topic I see complaining about duping are made by people who play with randoms. It's like, get some friends and close your game. I played through BL1 up til the 4th playthrough with my buddy then he got a bunch of dupes and I took them and ruined my game. I hadn't used modded or duped weps in a game since PSO (which he also ruined) and I regretted it. In BL2 I'm only playing legit. Not because I'm an elitist but because it's much more enjoyable to me.
---
CaffeineSnorters always Laylow12 then RUNwhenCOPScome - ssj954vegito
#37JaxxSCPosted 10/8/2012 4:52:33 AM
I completely understand TC as gaming communities arent what they used to be. I do not back him/her up though, communities changed and so have i. I regularly hack my games (never competitive multiplayer) and ive made peace with others that do for their own gain without ruining others experience.

Unfortunately what TC wants to change is the community but unfortunately its the game designers fault for not block loop-holes and glitches that can be used to advance in the game. The community would be forced to change if they spent more time beta testing.
---
MarioKartWiiFC: 1677-5696-7039
#38RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 10/8/2012 4:55:19 AM
dot_hack_paves posted...
Okay I'm for duping but I'm also against ignorance so I must say that the 'if you're against duping your against sharing' argument is really dumb. Duping isn't the same as sharing. Imagine a limited edition baseball card of which only 100 are made. If you were an avid baseball card collector you would pride yourself greatly in having one of those cards. What if one day suddenly it's in the news that thousands of identical knockoffs were manufactured, rendering the originals worthless? That wouldn't be very good at all. Would make the people who worked to get those originals feel bad

Okay so that's why anti dupers are, as I so eloquently stated before, buttmad. They have a right to be mad... Butttttt it's a game so grow up and get over it. It's only going to be relevant for another couple weeks. I played the game and have almost 1000/1000 it and plan on selling it soon. Probably next week. So I'm gonna dupe and have fun slaying things my way and I'm gonna dupe for others and spread the wealth until then

Cool story but material =/= digital info.
---
#39LordOfDonkeysPosted 10/8/2012 4:55:27 AM
dot_hack_paves posted...

None of the things in this game have any real worth beyond the retail price. At all. Ever. There's no "limited print legendary" where you can sell them on E-Bay to collectors. You paid your money for this game. That drop holds just as much "data value" as someone else's. That gun/head/skin getting spread has absolutely no effect on the value. The value you speak of is completely arbitrary and largely fabricated. The only reason it has ANY value is because of some people placing value on the time they spent/wasted farming a boss repeatedly until it dropped. Plus guess what. There's absolutely NO WAY to tell the difference in something duped or not. So all this boils down to is children pointing fingers.

I'm sorry you can't seem to grasp such a concept.
---
With the advent of online games came the creation of the 10th level of Hell, reserved solely for tea-baggers.
#40RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 10/8/2012 4:59:02 AM
JaxxSC posted...
I completely understand TC as gaming communities arent what they used to be. I do not back him/her up though, communities changed and so have i. I regularly hack my games (never competitive multiplayer) and ive made peace with others that do for their own gain without ruining others experience.

Unfortunately what TC wants to change is the community but unfortunately its the game designers fault for not block loop-holes and glitches that can be used to advance in the game. The community would be forced to change if they spent more time beta testing.

EVERY video game in history (an over-statement) has had duping/glitching. I mean, duping is the exact same in BL2 as it was in BL1, and they didn't foresee it? The developers don't care. Why? They play the game too and want the good weps too. Same reason they put that chest in the Dahl Headlands or whatever in BL1 that you had to jump off the level to get to but it gave you really good loot but then you had to kill yourself to get back to the level. Why did they put that chest there? They want good loot at a cheap price.
---