I think I'm glitched on 'Hunting the Firehawk.'

#1CoolhandPosted 10/9/2012 10:53:44 AM
I've done it before, on another character, so I know where to be, and all ...

Got the ECHO from Roland about using the safe.
Got the ECHO in the safe from the Firehawk (with the garbled voice) instructing me to go to Frostburn Canyon 'or people will die.'

When I go there, I *should* get all the ECHO chatter from the Bloodshots about killing the Firehawk, a blurb from Angel, and then instructions to follow the Bloodshot signs (there's 7).

I've watched the IGN walkthrough, even.

But when *I* go to Frostburn Canyon, it just stays at 'Find the Firehawk.' I've covered every inch of the Canyon; the diamond that denotes the quest objective is just inaccessible.

I've quit out of the game, started a new session, left the area via fast travel, gone back, etc.

I cannot seem to get the quest to progress.

Is there some way to fix this?
---
To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy.
#2AceDiamondEXPosted 10/9/2012 10:55:54 AM
Don't teleport to Frostburn Canyon. Enter it via Three Horns-Divide. That should work
---
Guy-"I get ALL my info from Gamefaqs!" Me- "That's pry why you're always wrong."
#3Coolhand(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 10:57:37 AM
Have tried that before, and it didn't, but I'll try it again ... will report back in a sec.
---
To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy.
#4Coolhand(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 11:03:07 AM
Yeah, tried that (again). Did not work. It doesn't seem to matter HOW I access the area. I may have to try and find a friend to piggyback into it with, maybe THEY can get the quest?
---
#5KarmaZeroPosted 10/9/2012 11:05:12 AM
Coolhand posted...
Yeah, tried that (again). Did not work. It doesn't seem to matter HOW I access the area. I may have to try and find a friend to piggyback into it with, maybe THEY can get the quest?

Yea, try having your friend host and join his game so you can complete the quest that way
#6AceDiamondEXPosted 10/9/2012 11:05:30 AM
What playthru is it? I'm on PT 1 and just accepted the mission. I was gonna go do the few side missions before going there, but if u wanna join me I can go there quick and see if it registers.
---
Guy-"I get ALL my info from Gamefaqs!" Me- "That's pry why you're always wrong."
#7Coolhand(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 11:46:00 AM
Sorry, friend came in - even though he'd already DONE the quest on that character, when he joined me it gave me the 'follow signs' prompt. He was able to leave immediately; I got it.

Damn thing. Appreciate the help ...
---