Is Gaige really worth $10.00?

#1TripThree74Posted 10/9/2012 6:13:10 PM
I mean I have checked out her skill tree and it looks complicated and lack luster. $5.00 I would pay in a heart beat but $10.00. I don't know.
---
To George Lucas: Please die and do the world a favor so JJ Abrams can resurrect Star Wars.
#2vs53Posted 10/9/2012 6:18:21 PM
free its good 5 it would be just ok 10 ... well if you pay 10 for it i have a bridge to sell you
#3Dark_Lord_DarekPosted 10/9/2012 6:19:02 PM
The real question is would you rather pay $10 or $53 million?
---
GT: xCRISSGASMx
Besides, Ghost already has another drawback: It's hard to miss a running fuzzy man. - Libra_137
#4ArsicPosted 10/9/2012 6:19:39 PM
I mean sure, why not.
---
Intel i7 2600K -- Asus P8Z68-V Pro -- 8GB Corsair Vengeance -- SLI [EVGA GTX 580 + Zotac GTX 580] -- Corsair Hydro Series H100 -- Corsair Obsidian 650D
#5Social_SinPosted 10/9/2012 6:21:05 PM
TripThree74 posted...
I mean I have checked out her skill tree and it looks complicated and lack luster. $5.00 I would pay in a heart beat but $10.00. I don't know.

Nobody can tell you if it's worth your money, it's your money. You've already stated you'd pay $5 but are wary on $10 for a character and that her skill trees really don't tickle your fancy. It sounds like you've already made your choice
---
GT: Social Sin
Style Empire
#6TripThree74(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 9:15:24 PM
Social_Sin posted...
TripThree74 posted...

Nobody can tell you if it's worth your money, it's your money. You've already stated you'd pay $5 but are wary on $10 for a character and that her skill trees really don't tickle your fancy. It sounds like you've already made your choice

I'm not looking for facts. Just looking for opinions. How does she play. Is she good enough that you would change from your current vault hunter?
---
To George Lucas: Please die and do the world a favor so JJ Abrams can resurrect Star Wars.
#7Robtcee13Posted 10/9/2012 9:16:45 PM
I like Gaige. If you don't like a more complex character, you won't like her.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#8R of The NestPosted 10/9/2012 9:24:25 PM
I've played as all the characters to at least TVHM, and so far I'm only to level 11 with Gaige. She seems to be the most powerful, at least at this level. Having Anarchy at the TOP of the Ordered Chaos tree is crazy. I grabbed that immediately, then maxed out Close Enough to make up for the lack of accuracy. I don't remember chewing through badasses this quickly with any other character, at least not at this level.

But to answer whether she's worth a meal at Wendy's is subjective... it all depends which you would rather have.
---
"Ha! No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale!"
- Wiegraf, Final Fantasy Tactics
#9KushuPosted 10/9/2012 9:30:06 PM(edited)
TripThree74 posted...
I mean I have checked out her skill tree and it looks complicated and lack luster.

If you don't like a more complex character, you won't like her.

That people think this way baffles me. Gaige's skills are less complicated than a Gunlust Gunzerker who swaps weapons instead of reloading and hopes that he can kill any given enemy in a single clip of any one of his four guns.

She's not even really on the level of "A Zero who uses Be Like Water"

Anarchy's pretty easy to use. It doesn't decay over time. It doesn't decay if you zone. The only thing that can kill a stack is dying or reloading too soon. Get in the habit of emptying your clip after a battle and you won't have to worry about the reoad thing. Get to "Dischord" and you'll never worry about it again.
The accuracy can be a bit problematic once you get a stack of 100 running, but you could also use a reflecter, like "Close Enough", "Nth Degree" or a gun with reflecting bullets to fix that.
#10FirebyrdXXPosted 10/9/2012 9:28:51 PM
So far I've messed with her robot and it seems to miss with melee attacks an irksome amount. It does shoot raks out of the sky with lasers however...

I wanted to focus on the robot upgrades, like the spinning laser and the shock focus sounded fun. Anarchy builds have the potential to be devastating, I think it's just going to be a while for that potential to be met, similar to Maya. Their skills aren't as immediately useful as the others. Gunzerking recovers a lot of health, Deception is both evasive and deals great damage against single targets, and the turret can be used defensively too. I'm only level 10 with her though.