Some tips to spawn Vermivorous.

#1Linctagon7Posted 10/9/2012 10:03:27 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before.

We have found 3 ways that are almost garuanteed to spawn it. You have to be on TVHM to spawn it. Vermivorous The Invincible spawns when an Ultimate Badass Varkid evolves. Shooting the Varkids seems to have no effect at all. They only need to be aggro to spawn pods.

1. Go to caustic caverns. In the first area where the varkid are there is a small container/mine shack to the right of the area. Aggro the Varkid untill they all become at least adult or badass. Run into the little shack and stand back inside it looking out. The Varkids will be unable to get to you and will stay in aggro the whole time. Badass acid mortars will not be able to hit you either. Just be ready to fight your way out as soon as a Ultimate Badass spawns a pod because being locked down there sucks. This method works well because the Varkids stay in aggro the whole time. The downside is that you will be surrounded and getting the others off you can be hard to do.

2. Go to Frostburn Canyon. In the upper left of the map there is a small farmhouse and a big barn in a Varkid field that you can get into through the roof. Kite Varkids from the first Varkid field and the second Varkid field along the way to the barn area. Get all 4 players into the barn and keep shooting at the Varkid every now and then to keep them in aggro. If done right you will have about 20 or more Varkid in one place which increases your odds. This method works well because you can easily kill off remaining Varkid when Verm spawns and then you are already in a good area to fight it. The downside is that Varkid can easily lose aggro unless someone keeps provoking them.

3. This is only for people with the Creature Slaughter Dome DLC. In one round an Ultimate Badass Varkid spawn by defualt along with a few Super Badass Varkids. Kill off all other enemies and kite these around. Usually the first Ultimate Badass Varkid evolves shortly after and the Super Badass Varkids might evolve too increasing your chances. Just don't get in too deep so that you can't clean up remaining Varkids when it spawns. The upside to this method is that you start with an Ultimate Badass right off the bat and he tends to spawn a pod more often than not. The downside is that you are very exposed and if your team wipes you lose the chance to kill it.

The most important thing in every instance is just to keep all the Varkid aggro. Nothing else matters. I have found that a Gunzerker with Come At Me Bro is the best way to provoke Varkid in a wide area without damaging them or exposing yourself.

Hope this helps some of you.
#2Vertigo6377Posted 10/10/2012 5:39:14 AM
I've read/heard in several different instances that the Ultimate Badass Varkid has to kill other enemies to transform into Vermivorous The Invincible. Is this true, or is it simply a matter of time and luck?
---
"Why can't we all just be friends?"
#3htkaPosted 10/10/2012 5:41:29 AM
Didn't know Frostburn Canyon had a barn.
#4Linctagon7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 5:43:43 AM
Vertigo6377 posted...
I've read/heard in several different instances that the Ultimate Badass Varkid has to kill other enemies to transform into Vermivorous The Invincible. Is this true, or is it simply a matter of time and luck?

From my personal experience that isn't the case. We have had a single Super Badass work its way up to Ultimate and then Verm. No other enemies around.

As far as I can conclude, it is purely a case of time and luck. If you are lucky, it will pod easily. If you aren't, you can literally go an hour and have nothing happen.
#5Vertigo6377Posted 10/10/2012 5:54:48 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
Vertigo6377 posted...

From my personal experience that isn't the case. We have had a single Super Badass work its way up to Ultimate and then Verm. No other enemies around.

As far as I can conclude, it is purely a case of time and luck. If you are lucky, it will pod easily. If you aren't, you can literally go an hour and have nothing happen.

That's a better trigger than having to kill other enemies anyway. I spent about a hour yesterday evening trying to kite an Ultimate Badass into killing Threshers in the Caustic Caverns before he just disappeared. At least I know what I was doing wrong.
---
"Why can't we all just be friends?"
#6RadiantViperPosted 10/10/2012 11:18:19 PM
I like the Caustic Caverns area more than the Frozen Tundra one, but it definitely does not make me immune to attacks. Badass Varkids can go right up to the hut and hit me.
---
Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Collectibles Guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/960495-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4/faqs/60378
#7Zacharyg805Posted 10/12/2012 2:13:38 PM
Noob question but what Aggro?
---
GT: I Mp26 I
#8JohnMFWayneeePosted 10/13/2012 11:48:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9TheLastKroganPosted 10/13/2012 11:51:34 PM
htka posted...
Didn't know Frostburn Canyon had a barn.

I think he meant Tundra Express.
---
GT: THE LAST KR0GAN
"Krogans don't need cover. Krogans ARE cover!"
#10JohnMFWayneeePosted 10/13/2012 11:52:45 PM
Zacharyg805 posted...
Noob question but what Aggro?

It's a term used to describe enemies that are in range of attacking the player and are "aggravated" or "hostile"