The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Just finished main quest before all side quests....was that bad?

#1JkoolPosted 10/10/2012 8:43:15 AM
On first play though. After getting my bad ass stats rest, losing all my skins & all my gold keys. I was a bit upset & I am not sure why i did it but just got on a KILL JACK kick & finished the main quest before finishing a lot of side quests. I ended up level 31 after finishing the main quest. Did I make a mistake by finishing the main quest too quick?

Thanks.

PS....any tips as i continue the side quests?
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!
#2gOwCoD4Posted 10/10/2012 8:45:30 AM
First playthrough doesn't matter, so sidequest to your hearts content.

Second playthrough is entirely up to you, since if you complete the second playthrough, all sidequests scale to level 50 along with their rewards.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#3Jkool(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 8:47:06 AM
OK thanks! So it is best to finish main quest on 2nd play through then for the loot I take it?
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!
#4gOwCoD4Posted 10/10/2012 8:48:27 AM
If you're going for loot, yes, but you might need a friend to power-level you to make up for the experience that you're losing out on from not doing sidequests.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#5bcon1208Posted 10/10/2012 8:49:48 AM
Jkool posted...
OK thanks! So it is best to finish main quest on 2nd play through then for the loot I take it?

Very much yes. However, if the sidequests don't offer an item (just money/eridium and XP) then go ahead and do them. It's really the quests whose rewards are unique weapons you want to wait and do last, after everything upscales to 50.

Also, when you're going through PL2, don't ACCEPT any quests. Once you accept them, it locks the level, and they won't scale when you finish the main story. Just leave them all undiscovered/unaccepted until you're done with the story missions.
---
GT: lIl Nemesis lIl
"You can run, but you'll just die tired"
#6Jkool(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 8:51:47 AM
Good info! Thank You!
---
#7FrozenHELL78Posted 10/10/2012 8:52:17 AM
bcon1208 posted...
Jkool posted...

Very much yes. However, if the sidequests don't offer an item (just money/eridium and XP) then go ahead and do them. It's really the quests whose rewards are unique weapons you want to wait and do last, after everything upscales to 50.

Also, when you're going through PL2, don't ACCEPT any quests. Once you accept them, it locks the level, and they won't scale when you finish the main story. Just leave them all undiscovered/unaccepted until you're done with the story missions.

so basically look to see if the quest has a reward before accepting it on playthrough 2. sounds easy enough.
---
Gamertag - Mosaic78
#8bcon1208Posted 10/10/2012 8:54:02 AM
FrozenHELL78 posted...
bcon1208 posted...
Jkool posted...

so basically look to see if the quest has a reward before accepting it on playthrough 2. sounds easy enough.

Yup. For anyone who doesn't know, you can look and browse any quests you want, you don't accept a quest until you actually push "A" (Xbox) to accept it. Once you accept is when it's locked to that level. So you can feel free to look at the quests and read about them, seeing what rewards they offer, but just be careful not to accept it accidentally.
---
GT: lIl Nemesis lIl
"You can run, but you'll just die tired"