The worst weapons in the game...

#31faiththroughendPosted 10/10/2012 12:13:59 PM
I feel like the only one happy with all the companies in the game. Burst Snipers are great, save a lot of time and effort on the enemies you couldn't one shot, or for applying a lot of elemental damage. Don't know how you hate torgue, hyperion shotguns are great too, but torgue shotties are just hilarious. Use the explosion, don't worry about the crits. Did someone say jakobs are trash?
---
to all questions, there lies but one simple answer: mooka.
#32pothocketPosted 10/10/2012 12:14:18 PM
One of the funniest things to do in the game is equip a torgue spike shield and waltz around a low level area.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#33PhilOnDezPosted 10/10/2012 12:16:37 PM
C_Dub7 posted...
Torgue is absolutely trash. If explosive damage worked like it did in BL1 without the whole slower bullet movement speed, then maybe Torgue guns as well as non-grenade explosive damage wouldn't suck. But as it is, getting crits on enemies with Torgue weapons is about 10 times harder unless they're standing completely still.

Torgues benefit from plus gun damage and plus grenade damage.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#34faiththroughendPosted 10/10/2012 12:17:50 PM
You're thinking tediore man, tediore benefits from grenade damage. Unless torgue does as well for some reason, hm
---
to all questions, there lies but one simple answer: mooka.
#35Villain_S_FiendPosted 10/10/2012 12:22:41 PM(edited)
youshallbeasgod posted...
Jacob guns are crap in this game.

I've been using a Jakobs revolver and shotgun as my two main weapons of choice for a long time. They're not crap at all. In fact, some of the only other guns that have made me stop and consider switching from what I'm using have also been Jakobs.
---
No man is pudding.
#36WhereDidItGoPosted 10/10/2012 12:21:06 PM
pothocket posted...
Well there's your problem. Torgue weapons don't need crits.

Indeed. Torgue is all about the spray and pray method. Aim center mass and get to splodin'! Torgue is probably my favorite manufacturer. Love explosive element.
---
"It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching. "
St. Francis of Assisi
#37youshallbeasgodPosted 10/10/2012 12:25:05 PM
Villain_S_Fiend posted...
youshallbeasgod posted...
Jacob guns are crap in this game.

I've been using a Jakobs revolver and shotgun as my two main weapons of choice for a long time. They're not crap at all. In fact, some of the only other guns that have made me stop and consider switching from what I'm using have also been Jakobs.

I'm still early in the game, was not lucky enough to find a good one then. My problem with the pistol is the Anarchy level accuracy
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#38Vampirehuntr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 12:25:17 PM
I don't know. Burst-fire sniper rifles just seem wrong to me. Smh. Someone mentioned shotguns, and I think I've found ONE shotgun that I actually like. Damage is 110 X 9, and it's accuracy is 94% or something close. Honestly, shotguns just aren't "what it do" in BL2. That's in my humble opinion.

Back to the Sniper Rifles, I tend to favor the Maliwan brand. Elemental damage on top of a critical headshot is sweet!
---
"I'm rich &!%@#!"
- Dave Chappelle
#39Villain_S_FiendPosted 10/10/2012 12:26:00 PM
I'm not a fan of Tediore, nor am I that big on Hyperion (there are exceptions with Hyperion, though). Torgue is good stuff, but I'm not crazy about their pistols.
---
No man is pudding.
#40lolHadesPosted 10/10/2012 12:33:21 PM
I personally like all of the companies in this game as they each serve some type of purpose. They are far more distinct than BL1 (but Atlas is missing which I've not understood, except that I believe that it has something to do with General Knoxx and his being dead and all).

I prefer Dahl, Bandit, and Hyperion personally. However, I've found one weapon from each company that I enjoy.

BTW, OP would HATE the supressive pitchfork. Thing has 12 round, fires in 6 round bursts when ADS, fires a single round as a line of 6-8 projectiles, effectively giving it 2 trigger pulls. The thing is a god for second wind mode though, as you basically can't miss. But highly impractical for actual sniping.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/Battlenet - HadesWTF