Leech Grenades

#1AwesomeFawfulPosted 10/10/2012 3:12:34 PM
So, I remember getting these on playthrough 1 as a quest reward, but I don't remember what quest. I could also be remembering this wrong. If these are a quest reward and anyone knows what quest, can someone please tell me? If they are not a quest reward, can someone confirm that they drop from the Warrior?

Thanks in advance!
---
Fawful for SSB4!
You cannot fully comprehend what my mind thinks.
#2AwesomeFawful(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 3:18:26 PM
Bump?
---
Fawful for SSB4!
#3ForceFanPosted 10/10/2012 3:21:40 PM
Any quest that has the "grenade mod" symbol will give you a randomized grenade mod.

If I remember correctly.
---
People who think my nick involves star wars 161 -- people who know the truth 3
#4AwesomeFawful(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 3:22:24 PM
Even an orange grenade mod? Hm.
---
Fawful for SSB4!
#5RikiazPosted 10/10/2012 3:25:16 PM
ForceFan posted...
Any quest that has the "grenade mod" symbol will give you a randomized grenade mod.

If I remember correctly.

The color of the symbol matters. Green is a green or better, Blue is blue or better or a specific unique, purple is purple or better and orange is a specific legendary.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#6agentpheonixPosted 10/10/2012 3:26:52 PM(edited)
You won't get oranges from (most) quests.

The icon in the quest menu will be the same color as the item you receive. If the quest shows a blue grenade mod as a reward, you get a random blue mod.

Other than that, you can get leech grenades pretty much anywhere... anything that has "Transfusion" in the name will leech health from enemies as well as deal damage.
---
GT: Red Undead Now Playing: Borderlands 2
http://m-102.minus.com/ipPaN0GZBXpqY.gif
#7ForceFanPosted 10/10/2012 3:27:03 PM
Oh.. I think the color is predetermined. Blue symbol blue mod. Sooo yeah... probably not. I only remember the firehawk shield being an orange quest reward. I do know that any badass/boss has a chance to drop any orange. Though some have greater odds for certain ones.
---
People who think my nick involves star wars 161 -- people who know the truth 3
#8AwesomeFawful(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 3:31:09 PM
agentpheonix posted...

The icon in the quest menu will be the same color as the item you receive. If the quest shows a blue grenade mod as a reward, you get a random blue mod.

Other than that, you can get leech grenades pretty much anywhere... anything that has "Transfusion" in the name will leech health from enemies as well as deal damage.

I know that, but the mod I'm looking for specifically was called the Leech, and it worked a bit differently than Transfusions.

My apologies if that wasn't clear.

And I swear up and down I got it as a quest reward. O.o But like I said, I could be wrong. It was from a quest I turned into Tannis, though...

I'm gonna double check in some way, now. Dammit.
---
Fawful for SSB4!
#9agentpheonixPosted 10/10/2012 3:37:38 PM
AwesomeFawful posted...
agentpheonix posted...

I know that, but the mod I'm looking for specifically was called the Leech, and it worked a bit differently than Transfusions.

My apologies if that wasn't clear.

And I swear up and down I got it as a quest reward. O.o But like I said, I could be wrong. It was from a quest I turned into Tannis, though...

I'm gonna double check in some way, now. Dammit.

Ah, gotcha. I do remember getting a transusion-y grenade mod as a reward that had flavor text, so I think that's the one you mean. I remember getting it around mid-game from a quest that involved loaders and constructors... not sure if that helps but I do remember getting it
---
GT: Red Undead Now Playing: Borderlands 2
http://m-102.minus.com/ipPaN0GZBXpqY.gif
#10AceDiamondEXPosted 10/10/2012 3:40:41 PM
The only orange you will EVER get for a quest reward is the firehawk shield. Nothing else.

The Warrior drops the Leech grenades, but they can also be found in Ammo Dumo machines as the item of the day (Very low chance), or chests/loot piles.

The mission grenades you are thinking of are most likely Moxxi's Kiss of Death grenades that you get from her side mission in Opportunity.
---
Guy-"I get ALL my info from Gamefaqs!" Me- "That's pry why you're always wrong."