How does "Grants immunity to Burn damage" on shields work?

#1WarchildPosted 10/10/2012 7:40:08 PM
Ok, I know it sounds like a stupid question, but I have 2 shields in question.

I have an Inflammable Bee shield, level 29 on one character, and I just picked up an Inflammable Flame of the Firehawk level 8 shield for my Siren.

No, the reason for the question, while using the Bee shield against the Warrior, I still took damage from both the Lava and the Warriors fire breath. I fought a level 36 Warrior with my level 39 Zero.

So now I'm wondering if I should keep my Siren's new shield, or the "hand me down" level 9 shield from a previous playthrough. All the stats are higher, except Capacity...201 on the new shield, to 365 on the old one. The stumping point for me is that Immunity thing.

Oh, and the reason Im asking, rather than just testing it out, is I keep dashboarding, hoping to get a better shield. This is the first with the Burn immunity.
---
I think God is really a 12 year old and we're just his science fair project.
#2infinitexxPosted 10/10/2012 7:40:51 PM
It's immunity to the DoT effect, not all sources of Fire damage.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#3EvilMegasPosted 10/10/2012 7:41:17 PM
When the shield is depleted(on 0) you lose the fire immunity until it charges.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibm3Ti5mZYdMON.gif
#4arachnipiePosted 10/10/2012 7:41:51 PM
Immunity on shields just grants immunity to the DoT effect, such as being lit on fire by incendiary weapons.
#5Warchild(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 7:45:49 PM
Ok, I think I understand. Doesn't sound very useful if getting shot causes you to lose your shields, thus losing your immunity. I'll probably just keep the old shield.

One more question, though. If what you are saying is true...if I shoot a fire barrel, and then walk into the flames, I should be protected, correct? As long as no one is shooting me, and I'm far enough away from the initial blast.
---
I think God is really a 12 year old and we're just his science fair project.