? on the Bee Shield...

#11BarestGoose(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 8:35:37 AM
RadiantViper posted...
BarestGoose posted...
I saw somebody talking about farming, and some guy had offered to help, and some random posted about how they ruins the game and what not. Idk, not a fact, just an observation i guess.

Are you sure they weren't talking about duping ... or perhaps the guy was making a joke about duping ... I'm pretty sure you mean duping.

maybe man, I thought they were tlaking about farming specifically, but it duping is just slang for duplication, i could understand slightly more, that seems little lame.

But just in general, I really hope they don't nerff this shield man. I understand that once you start using CC with it, you can kill things like Terramorphus in seconds, but still. with the dlc im hoping they add some better bees, hopefully a little higher capacity.
#12the_rowanPosted 10/11/2012 8:38:23 AM
Because it makes content for the game impossible to balance, since people with the bee can kill bosses meant to be difficult for players without the bee before they attack.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#13MC2011Posted 10/11/2012 8:40:27 AM
They are nerfing The Bee though.

From Randy's twitter - https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic

@AddyJohn_V Bee shield is so getting nerfed.

@hugh112176 relax - you don't even know how/when nerd will happen. The upside will not be nerfed. The downside is broken. Also, shottys...
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#14WarchildPosted 10/11/2012 8:41:27 AM
RiceKrispies1 posted...
When I go into some boss fights, it just isn't fun watching some guy just 1 shot them with a shotgun. I want to have some fun, a little toughness. I was having a problem with Bunker, so I went on Live to find a group to try to beat him, Somebody practically 1 shot Bunker with a sniper rifle, and the fight was over without any struggle. That just isn't fun.

Actually that's a glitch with that boss. If you hit him just right while using Zero, you pretty much drop all his health.
---
I think God is really a 12 year old and we're just his science fair project.
#15BarestGoose(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 8:44:04 AM
MC2011 posted...
They are nerfing The Bee though.

From Randy's twitter - https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic

@AddyJohn_V Bee shield is so getting nerfed.

@hugh112176 relax - you don't even know how/when nerd will happen. The upside will not be nerfed. The downside is broken. Also, shottys...

not following that second tweet, sorry man.

but they are nerfing it?? and if they are, are they nerfing the ones that people having in their inventories, orrrr like, the ones that will drop in the future??
#16MC2011Posted 10/11/2012 8:57:18 AM
I assume all Bees will be nerfed with the patch.

As for the second tweet, he misspelled nerf, the benefits of the bee probably won't be affected by the nerf, while the downside has to be tweaked (most likely an increase to the downside).

Also the possibility of how the bee works with shotguns will be tweaked by the looks of it, most notability the combination Bee + Conference Call which can destroy bosses in seconds, making Terra and Verm a joke and potentially ruining future raid bosses.

Then again, we won't really know until it happens or they tell us how it'll happen.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#17BarestGoose(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 9:00:52 AM
MC2011 posted...
I assume all Bees will be nerfed with the patch.

As for the second tweet, he misspelled nerf, the benefits of the bee probably won't be affected by the nerf, while the downside has to be tweaked (most likely an increase to the downside).

Also the possibility of how the bee works with shotguns will be tweaked by the looks of it, most notability the combination Bee + Conference Call which can destroy bosses in seconds, making Terra and Verm a joke and potentially ruining future raid bosses.

Then again, we won't really know until it happens or they tell us how it'll happen.

yeah man, I agree. I just think it would be really sick if the ones that are out and being used now, are nerffed, that way they themselves become a rarity you know? but I guess if people dupe them it doesnt mean much, just hate to see mine lose its beastlyness
#18teknic1200Posted 10/11/2012 9:01:04 AM
BarestGoose posted...
I saw somebody talking about farming, and some guy had offered to help, and some random posted about how they ruins the game and what not. Idk, not a fact, just an observation i guess.

lol, this game was made to farm, anyone who tells you otherwise needs to break their disk in half and throw it out the window,
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#19ollie229Posted 10/11/2012 9:46:21 AM
RiceKrispies1 posted...
When I go into some boss fights, it just isn't fun watching some guy just 1 shot them with a shotgun. I want to have some fun, a little toughness. I was having a problem with Bunker, so I went on Live to find a group to try to beat him, Somebody practically 1 shot Bunker with a sniper rifle, and the fight was over without any struggle. That just isn't fun.

It's possible to kill Bunker in under a minute without the bee on TVHM.
You just need a sniper build zero with b0re and a good enough sniper with a built in +crit damage bonus.
#20WarchildPosted 10/11/2012 9:50:58 AM
You don't need the sniper rifle, in fact, it's easier with a shotty. You still need Bore, and it helps greatly to boost critical hit bonuses, but I was doing fine without the sniper. You can actually hear all the pellets ricocheting around inside the poor boy.
---
I think God is really a 12 year old and we're just his science fair project.