Is Lilith is better than Maya?

#41Gen2000Posted 10/11/2012 5:28:08 AM
Lilith, on the other hand, the action skill is more defensive. It lacks the kind of crowd control and damage Maya has, but it lets her escape from life-threatening situations.

Phasewalk near end-game was both defensive and offensive. Lilith was often referred to as a walking nuke for a reason.

Lilith gave very little ****s in BL1, she ran into a crowd of enemies with Phasewalk, come out it with an element explosion and everyone is melting multi-color numbers. The explosion also slowed them down. Before the Daze nerf this was huge, even post-nerf she benefited from it still more than other characters with Daze abilities.

You plant your Double Anarchy up a random goon's nose to instant-kill him and get Skill Kill bonus stuff like her Shields quick regening and her Silent Resolve buff going off giving her nearly as much if not more tanking abilities than Brick himself.

The most important Kill Skill however was the one the shorten the cooldown of the Phasewalk to repeat the whole process again nearly the instant you dropped just around 2 or so enemies. She was nearly unkillable because during the whole Phasewalking loop because she could also regen health on top of all this.

The whole problem with the Lilith vs. Maya deal is that Maya is not that bad, she actually really good but Lilith came from a game where Gearbox didn't catch much about balance at all at the time.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#42NinjaMarionPosted 10/11/2012 5:29:22 AM
R4NDOMGUY posted...
Doesn't Angel say that Maya has no connection to Eridium?

If so, Lilith on alien roids >>> Maya

Again, storyline-wise, it goes this way: Lilith on eridium < Maya even without eridium. The original vault hunters couldn't have taken The Warrior. Maya and the new vault hunters did. If you're using storyline stuff, Maya ALWAYS comes out on top. It's inarguable because the game outright tells us and shows us.

Plot-wise: Maya > Lilith on eridium > Lilith not on eridium
Gameplay-wise: Maya = Lilith, depending on whether you want mostly offense or mostly defense.
---
I found a pearlescent at Crawmerax. Then threw it off the cliff. :)
#43KudZuPosted 10/11/2012 6:18:00 AM
NinjaMarion posted...
R4NDOMGUY posted...
Doesn't Angel say that Maya has no connection to Eridium?

If so, Lilith on alien roids >>> Maya

Again, storyline-wise, it goes this way: Lilith on eridium < Maya even without eridium. The original vault hunters couldn't have taken The Warrior. Maya and the new vault hunters did. If you're using storyline stuff, Maya ALWAYS comes out on top. It's inarguable because the game outright tells us and shows us.

Gameplay-wise: Maya = Lilith, depending on whether you want mostly offense or mostly defense.

I'm with you all the way up to the end.

Maya is not = to Lilith gameplay-wise. Lilith is the most powerful character out of both games, hands down. It's not even close. Lilith has a built-in godmode cheat. Maya might have her beat on offense, that's debatable, but the defensive ability of Phasewalk is so good that it completely trumps every other consideration by itself.

You must not have played Lilith in BL1. I really don't see how you could have and still say that Maya = Lilith.
#44mech gouki(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 6:35:37 AM(edited)
If you're talking to me, I assure you, I have a lv 69 Lilith.

It's Maya I haven't tried. That's why I don't know if she is stronger.

But judging from what people have said, I'm going with Lilith being the better one.
---
http://pileofsecrets.wikidot.com/articles - Castlevania Strongest Characters
http://cyberakumamechgouki.blogspot.com/ - Skip Beat! PS2 story
#45teknic1200Posted 10/11/2012 6:41:45 AM
lilith was a walking death machine. three kills and your cooldown was canceled. if there was a mob and you were solo you'd be in phasewalk the entire time electrocuting, burning and dazing enemies . with her shield regen skill she'd regenerate her shield while taking damage. lilith was a death trap but probably broken. you'd be in and out of phase walk until the crowd was gone
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#46yiangaruuugaPosted 10/11/2012 7:09:08 AM
Liliths Phoenix Skill + Skills that lessen cooldown rate with every kill = Phasewalking almost constantly. I think I had a cooldown rate of around 2-3 seconds.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#47KudZuPosted 10/11/2012 7:12:00 AM
mech gouki posted...
If you're talking to me, I assure you, I have a lv 69 Lilith.

It's Maya I haven't tried. That's why I don't know if she is stronger.

But judging from what people have said, I'm going with Lilith being the better one.

There's about a 98% chance I was talking to the person I quoted...
#48mech gouki(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 7:17:28 AM
Oh, I thought I was that 2% lol. Sorry, carry on.
---
http://pileofsecrets.wikidot.com/articles - Castlevania Strongest Characters
http://cyberakumamechgouki.blogspot.com/ - Skip Beat! PS2 story
#49infinitexxPosted 10/11/2012 7:19:37 AM
Is Lilith better than everyone? Yes.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#50NinjaMarionPosted 10/11/2012 7:47:03 AM
KudZu posted...
NinjaMarion posted...

I'm with you all the way up to the end.

Maya is not = to Lilith gameplay-wise. Lilith is the most powerful character out of both games, hands down. It's not even close. Lilith has a built-in godmode cheat. Maya might have her beat on offense, that's debatable, but the defensive ability of Phasewalk is so good that it completely trumps every other consideration by itself.

You must not have played Lilith in BL1. I really don't see how you could have and still say that Maya = Lilith.

lol. Lilith was basically all I played as. And I still prefer her to Maya.

But 90% of her strength came from an Anarchy + SMG ammo regen mod. If Maya had access to the Merc mod, her damage would be Lilith's x2, thus easily making her ridiculously powerful, killing things in seconds. Lilith could kill so brutally that phasewalk was barely needed. Double that means even quicker killing. Thus, again, it's down to whether you prefer offense or defense. Maya can lock down enemies and use the chance to regroup, like phasewalk could be used for. The whole party can take advantage of phaselock whereas phasewalk does nothing for everyone else. It's very arguable which is better based on your preference between offense, defense and team play.
---
I found a pearlescent at Crawmerax. Then threw it off the cliff. :)