Does the 5.o % loot drop stack up if 4 players all have it equip?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Does the 5.o % loot drop stack up if 4 players all have it equip?
3 years ago#1
topic
---
Website RECONVIDEOS.COM Clanzt.vze.com
Currently playing Crysis World Kill Rank #1 XBOX Live: ZtNoLuck
3 years ago#2
Supposedly yes, although some people have claimed that it doesn't affect legendary drops, only purples at most.
3 years ago#3
If the shop timer reduction relic works the same way you could test it our with that first.
---
If you don't feed a troll attention eventually it starves to death. Forgive my spelling. Fat fingers, small phone.
3 years ago#4
Finixsoft posted...
If the shop timer reduction relic works the same way you could test it our with that first.

Ok so what you're saying is test 4 shop keeper relics to see if they stack? How would you use that to test vault hunter relics? I mean how would you test the two to see if they work the same?
3 years ago#5
I believe they meant that, if the shop timer relics can be proven to reduce time further with two people using it, that the item rarity one may operate in a similar way. The calculations are done where we can't see them without examining the code, so it'd just show if it's possible.
3 years ago#6
It won't make any difference. Supposedly it doesn't increase the odds a straight 5%. It gives you 5% of the existing odds. If you have a 1% chance your chances aren't now 6% they are increased 5% of 1%! And it only increases rare drops (not legendary) in containers and chests. Bosses are unaffected.
3 years ago#7
atomsteele posted...
It won't make any difference. Supposedly it doesn't increase the odds a straight 5%. It gives you 5% of the existing odds. If you have a 1% chance your chances aren't now 6% they are increased 5% of 1%! And it only increases rare drops (not legendary) in containers and chests. Bosses are unaffected.

Based on?
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
3 years ago#8
Wiki, gamefaqs, and personal testing. I have to cite sources now? Call it intuition.
3 years ago#9
It's garbage. It really, honestly is.

I heard that in the code, all it affects are whites chances to be green. That's it. a .5% addition for a white to be a green. Woo!

I replace it as soon as I find anything worth equipping. Typically, I find more/better loot WITHOUT the relic, than I do with it. Could be bugged, who knows.
---
Does it scare anybody else that the only metric Americans know, has to do with weapons? -Rampagingwalrus
3 years ago#10
kiwimyweewee posted...
atomsteele posted...

Based on?

Forgive me for not remembering the site I read this on, but someone altered the mod to have +10000%. All that happened was that whites stopped dropping and there was an increase in green and blue drops. That's enough to convince me that I'm going to use a relic that's actually useful.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Does the 5.o % loot drop stack up if 4 players all have it equip?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived