The Bee Shield Gotten Nerf Read On!!!

#1WILLYBOII699Posted 10/11/2012 7:09:47 AM
Got this from Drakenfar from 360haven.com

http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread=18561-borderlands-2-nerfing-bee.html#sthash.DuYCXbFS.dpbs

The link above say this quote.

Borderlands 2 - Nerfing of the Bee
As it turns out, many of us thought that the Bee was going to be nerfed. Then the DLC came out and we were happy to see that the Bee was not nerfed...we were wrong.

The damage which the Bee applies has been moved and removed from the beginning of the damage stack and placed at the end. It does not benefit from critical bonuses or from things like the "Anarchy" stacks. If it did, a Conference Call would be netting close to half a million damage from a bounced bullet at only 300 stacks (Half of current potential).

This has not entirely fixed the game, as Terra and The Warrior still got slaughtered by my 300 stacked Conference Call Bee combo in a matter of seconds, but it has defiantly prevented something we would have really enjoyed taking advantage of. Seven pellets shooting around the map, bouncing, doing a minimum of half a million damage? Would have been great.

Sadly now the Bee applies it's 52k damage at the end of the damage stack, after everything is calculated.

For those wondering about how the damage work out would have been:

Conference Call - 5,400 Damage
The Bee - 52,000 Damage
Total - 57 - 58,000
Multiplied by 1.75% per stack, times 600 stacks = 1050%
Damage turns out to be around 609,000 damage per pellet.
- See more at: http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread=18561-borderlands-2-nerfing-bee.html#sthash.DuYCXbFS.dpuf
#2WILLYBOII699(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 7:15:34 AM
Can anyone varified this thread on gearbox official website?
#3Nintendo guyPosted 10/11/2012 7:20:35 AM
I like how he speaks as if it's unfortunate that this is the case, as if the game would somehow be better off with a game-breaking weapon combo that would be very clearly far better than any other option.
#4BoxTheMuppetPosted 10/11/2012 7:23:21 AM
So now it's not being nerfed? Math confuses me. I'm going to lie down now.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#5qHumanAfterAllpPosted 10/11/2012 7:25:13 AM
The CC/Bee combo wasn't game breaking. It's just too good of a combo for what some people would prefer.
#6ANort175Posted 10/11/2012 7:30:07 AM
It works exactly the same as it did before. Exactly the same. That person is just an idiot who never thought to check how it worked before the patch, so now he's assuming it worked differently and that it got "nerfed". I've checked before and after the patch simply by comparing the damage I do on Axton with The Bee equipped with and without +30% gun damage given by Battlefront. The added 30% damage is ALWAYS 30% of the gun's base damage after going through elemental and critical damage modifiers.

Also, the amp damage isn't added on at the end of the damage calculation, it's the same as before, which from my experience and testing, is this:

(GunBaseDamage + GunDamageModifiers*GunBaseDamage + AmpDamage)*ElementalDamageModifier*CriticalDamageModifier = Final Damage

Take the capital letters of each modifier and you can write it as...

(GBD + GDM*GBD + AD)*EDM*CDM = Final Damage

That's how it worked before the patch. That's how it still works.
#7FdshadowPosted 10/11/2012 7:30:34 AM
qHumanAfterAllp posted...
The CC/Bee combo wasn't game breaking. It's just too good of a combo for what some people would prefer.

Keep thinking that.

When you can kill an enemy that was balanced around being fought with 3-4 players in 5 seconds, even with low level players hanging around and boosting his health for the free EXP, something is damn wrong.
#8qHumanAfterAllpPosted 10/11/2012 7:41:36 AM
Fdshadow posted...

Keep thinking that.

When you can kill an enemy that was balanced around being fought with 3-4 players in 5 seconds, even with low level players hanging around and boosting his health for the free EXP, something is damn wrong.

In your personal opinion maybe. They clearly didn't think the combo was broken when they were developing the game. And it's a little ridiculous to think that nobody ever tried this weapon combo in testing before the game was released.
#9dragonfacerPosted 10/11/2012 7:45:23 AM
The only reason the bee is OP is because it applies to every pellet on shotguns. If the damage the Bee added was divided by the number of pellets it would be much more balanced.
---
There are two kinds of people. The ones that ask questions to find answers, and the kind that ask questions to make excuses.
#10TheMoofPosted 10/11/2012 7:52:34 AM
In your personal opinion maybe.

I'd say that's the developer's opinion, too (and in the end, theirs is the only opinion that matters). They were trying to create end-game content with these bosses, meaning you shouldn't be 5-second steamrolling them by yourself. Also, if they didn't have that opinion, they wouldn't be nerfing it.