Overlook shield grinder sidequest help!

#1mugenxPosted 10/12/2012 6:02:19 AM
In the mission where you have build a shield for overlook, how do you drop the shields into the grinder? I went right now to it dropped all 5 shields nothing happened, went on top dropped all 6 shields and nothing happened, I also don't see anything to click on so I'm really confused right now. Probably something really easy I'm not seeing help is greatly appreciated ;S
#2SelectGenderPosted 10/12/2012 6:03:57 AM
You have to be very accurate with how you drop stuff. The game is finicky with where your items end up. Just do it over and over it'll register eventually. Also drop the shields with the cliff facing behind you or you might lose a shield or two.
---
Scumbag brain
#3mugenx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 6:10:37 AM
Thanks a lot bro, either I'm really slow or this part of the game was poorly thought out either way thx a lot.
#4LordOfDonkeysPosted 10/12/2012 6:19:59 AM
Did it first try on my first playthrough >.>
---
With the advent of online games came the creation of the 10th level of Hell, reserved solely for tea-baggers.
#51Denton28Posted 10/12/2012 6:21:46 AM
Make sure you are in top of the grinder, and are throwing across the gears long ways.

Took us a minute to figure that out.
#6gOwCoD4Posted 10/12/2012 6:22:30 AM
You can drop the shields in either the top of the grinder (which is what everyone thinks) or you can drop them into the front of the grinder, which is what I figured out a week ago while doing that quest for the third time (killed a stalker, shield flew out of it's body and into the front of the grinder, gave me a shield piece)
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#7yanksfan4247Posted 10/12/2012 6:24:23 AM
You drop it in the front. It will fly right in.

After it spits out the piece wait like ten seconds, the drop another one.
---
Drunk off PowerFAQs 1.10
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#8NurbisPosted 10/12/2012 6:24:40 AM
Do not get on top of the grinder. Stay on the ground and walk up to the grinder gears until you can't go any farther forward. Make sure you are lined up at the center of the gears. Then when you drop a shield from your inventory it should start the grinder. Only do one shield at a time or you might miss out on some funny dialogue.
#9Dagoth_WitPosted 10/12/2012 6:27:30 AM
If you're playing solo, drop 1 shield at a time. Exit the menu after every drop. Otherwise, you throw them everywhere.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#10KudZuPosted 10/12/2012 7:04:47 AM
yanksfan4247 posted...
You drop it in the front. It will fly right in.

After it spits out the piece wait like ten seconds, the drop another one.

You can drop them all at once...