Which BL2 class has the weakest action skill?

#21mikezero83Posted 10/12/2012 10:10:47 AM
Zero. But only till you get to maybe lvl 15 20.
---
Xbox GT: Exia mk II
PSN: EliteZero83
#22MosebysRangersPosted 10/12/2012 10:13:54 AM
WhereDidItGo posted...
KK_the_Slider posted...
Zer0's skill isn't bad at all, it is just the weakest out of the other characters in the game.

I agree. This result doesn't mean Zero sucks, it's just a ranking of the action skills and the other character skills have stuff going for them that edges out Deception. Zero is my second most used class behind Axton and I can do really well with him, but despite enjoying playing as Zero I still voted for him as well.

As a Zer0 user:

I agree the topic is which action skill was the weakest. It is by far the weakest of the skills because it only grants indivisibility at first (not invincibility) although it increases damage it requires user input to get most out of it re fire/melee at right moment as timer expires.

Zer0 shines and becomes extremely powerful much later in game because of the other skills he has that stack and many of these do not require his decesption skill but rather deception can enhance that damage but it still requires proper use of the deception skill to make it happen.

So as a Zer0 user I agree that his action skill is the "weakest".
#23MetaIGearRexPosted 10/12/2012 10:19:39 AM
pothocket posted...
The graph is giving zero the finger.

Lol, true.
#24MonsterHunterExPosted 10/12/2012 10:40:24 AM
TC, what did you mean by action skill? Do you mean just press LB then do nothing till it depletes or do you mean who uses they're action skill the best?

If it's the first one it would be ,worst to best
Salvador: no damage without input
Zer0: you might get lucky and do some shock damage if you go cunning
Maya: bend enemies to your will, melt their faces...do both.
Axton: self explanatory
Gaige: Death-Trap SMASH!

If it's the second option it all depends how well the action skills are used.
Salvador has ungodly DPS
Zer0 can perform one-hit-wonders on most enemies
Maya is excellent at crowd control
Axton's turret(s) can change the tide of a battle of placed and upgraded right
And finally, Handsome Jack may have an army, but we have a Death-Trap
#25StopthinkPosted 10/12/2012 10:44:35 AM
Listen, you don't just ignore the skills that make the action skill useful, that is completely impractical and therefore something no one cares about.
---
imo for the tight asses
#26Steelguard(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 10:49:38 AM
Well, I doubt anyone would activate the action skill and do nothing, so the poll takes all things considered, and hopefully all voters do as well.
#27megaddtdPosted 10/12/2012 11:14:20 AM(edited)
MosebysRangers posted...
WhereDidItGo posted...
KK_the_Slider posted...
Zer0's skill isn't bad at all, it is just the weakest out of the other characters in the game.

I agree. This result doesn't mean Zero sucks, it's just a ranking of the action skills and the other character skills have stuff going for them that edges out Deception. Zero is my second most used class behind Axton and I can do really well with him, but despite enjoying playing as Zero I still voted for him as well.

As a Zer0 user:

I agree the topic is which action skill was the weakest. It is by far the weakest of the skills because it only grants indivisibility at first (not invincibility) although it increases damage it requires user input to get most out of it re fire/melee at right moment as timer expires.

Zer0 shines and becomes extremely powerful much later in game because of the other skills he has that stack and many of these do not require his decesption skill but rather deception can enhance that damage but it still requires proper use of the deception skill to make it happen.

So as a Zer0 user I agree that his action skill is the "weakest".

True, but his best skills (in my opinion)--Death Bl0ss0m and Execute--do require deception to be active.

However, as you mentioned, if this is a contest of A) Turn on Skill then B) Watch skill kill, the Zer0 gets a negative mark because the skill does nothing but make you invisible, and maybe distract an enemy or two (which Gaige's and Axton's skills do as well), on its own.
#28gunsndrosesPosted 10/12/2012 11:17:29 AM
Warchild posted...
ITT: People who don't know how to play Zero.

This ad infinitum.

Zer0 is the strongest character, hands down. Can't believe people actually think Deception is weak.

Plus, people are only looking at Deception's damage. Nobody has taken into account invisibility.
---
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
#29MonsterHunterExPosted 10/12/2012 11:20:34 AM
Steelguard posted...
Well, I doubt anyone would activate the action skill and do nothing, so the poll takes all things considered, and hopefully all voters do as well.

Okay then, it boils down to flexibility for me then.
From what I've seen, read and experienced it would be a toss up between Zer0 and Salvador for least flexible action skill.
I've heard a lot of people say that Salvadors survivability isn't that great, and that his skill is rather limited. I wouldn't know cause I don't play him.
But as a Zer0 player I know that decepti0n isn't that flexible, since it's all about getting him into position, running away, or identifying crit spots. Sometimes there is no way to better position yourself, or no place/not enough time to run, or in one case no crit spots.
In a party of four Zer0 gets more limited since at level 50 on TVHM. Melee isn't the best way to go.

So even though I enjoy playing him I'm going to vote Zer0
#30ssj954vegitoPosted 10/12/2012 11:20:38 AM
Technically, Axton and Gaige's are the strongest since by default, the others technically do no damage on their own without some sort of action. [except for maya, her elemental powers are natural]
---
proud to be a strange EPic
Tips on how to toast this rotten locust hooker?-RA_RisingGod