Gaige is overrated IMO

#31CinderDragon77Posted 10/13/2012 12:09:20 AM
velvet_hammer posted...

thanks for this post.. now I know your clueless DT is not that great at 50 in TVHM especially boss farming.. Turret craps all over it.. I also wasnt being rude to who disagree. I asked the guy who was his first 50 and you continue to spew the same garbage 6 post deep. .YES YOUR TROLLING.

Cool, regardless of you crying troll my DT is going to continue clearing entire areas with one explosive clap. Not saying the turret isn't good, it's just the DT has some distinct advantages over it, for example you give DT a Hide of Terra or even a Firehawk shield and you have what puts the death in deathtrap. I also did not know that the entire game was boss farming...which DT is actually pretty good at. Who's farming bosses without a bee and CC anyways, or at the very least the Gunzerker? Oh and little grammar hint, check...everywhere in your post.
---
TrendyEnt=UberEnt= Q_Q What are consoles?
#32RagingKoalaBearPosted 10/13/2012 12:27:01 AM
I cannot believe how people just dont realize how strong DT is with the blue tree route... its insane. You can get so much gear that increases elemental damage% AND electricity specifically. Have you people even looked at the blue tree? Everyone thinks red is so much better but its really not. I'm level 32 and my DT and I literally make the entire screen constantly flashing from all the electricity damage. Then you should put points into atleast the third tier to get all of those abilities. The Stare will pretty much blast an EXTREMELY higher lvl enemy until it dies... that laser shoots for like 10 seconds with massive damage.

I cant remember the name of the few skills in the blue tree but one of them causes an electrical storm to generate whenever DT kills something (which is always happening in a few hits from him) and then you create your own electric cloud with any critical attack Gaige makes. Then theres another tree that literally enhances all electricity damage and cloud damage by massive percentages. I have a mod on right now that makes my elemental damage by me and claptrap do +31%, and it has like 3 or 4 points into Wires Dont Talk and another skill based on lightning. Hell, with the final ability in blue you can shoot your Death Trap with any element and it BECOMES that element. I just unlocked it last night and havent played yet but I might do that soon. I already destroy everything with nonstop lightning so I cant even imagine what would happen if I shot him with my electric based sniper rifle... crazyness.

Also, has anyone else noticed how DT's appearance changes based on which trees you go down? I was wondering if any level 50's out there could tell me if the 3 appearances (green, blue, red) change at all if say, all of blue is unlocked and then half of green is. If you unlock the final ability in blue for example, those wings he grows are even bigger and more spread out, and the newest addition I noticed is that he has those claw/wing things all over his arms and hands too. If you max out green hes a giant heavy-armored green mech. I love how they did that! I wonder if you can eventually combine all 3 appearances with each other once the level cap happens.
---
GT: whosyodaddeh
#33SolRagnaVorraPosted 10/13/2012 12:45:05 AM
I play gaige the way she's suppose to be played in her red tree imo; as a close range health vampire.

health gets low? melee and get it back while remaining in their face to shotgun. Can't get close? then discord and use an assault rifle/grenade launcher. I wish people would stop trying to build her to be a supreme version of zer0. It won't happen. zer0 has better melee output than her.
#34RagingKoalaBearPosted 10/13/2012 12:48:04 AM
I personally find his strength to be in his elemental damage and ability damage. If you get to like tier 3 for each tree then you already have like 4 or 5 abilities he uses lol, with melee hits inbetween those abilities.
---
GT: whosyodaddeh
#35velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 12:55:02 AM
SolRagnaVorra posted...
I play gaige the way she's suppose to be played in her red tree imo; as a close range health vampire.

health gets low? melee and get it back while remaining in their face to shotgun. Can't get close? then discord and use an assault rifle/grenade launcher. I wish people would stop trying to build her to be a supreme version of zer0. It won't happen. zer0 has better melee output than her.

shes is extremely fun to play and unique in many areas... I really do like playing her
---
I must be Charlie Sheen reincarnate, because all I do is keep on winning