Why so much green?

#1MrImpatient35Posted 10/13/2012 4:22:30 PM
I'm level 46. I just did a level 43 side mission. Maybe 44. Why am I STILL mainly seeing green loot? I rarely see the occasional blue item. The only time I've gotten a purple, Old Slappy dropped it, or I got it from opening the golden chest in Sanctuary. Do I have to be 50 to start seeing some more purples and blues or what?
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#2Evil_SquidwardPosted 10/13/2012 4:24:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco
---
Gamertag: Marshalldilpkle -------- http://z-man-ga.deviantart.com/
http://samgreenmedia.com/zombie-dance.gif
#3darkphiresagePosted 10/13/2012 4:33:12 PM
Loot rarity isn't based on level. I don't think you know how these games work.
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#4MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 4:50:40 PM
darkphiresage posted...
Loot rarity isn't based on level. I don't think you know how these games work.

Apparently not. I thought it was either based on your level, or how far you progressed in the game. I'm at the end of TVHM right now, and I'm level 46, but apparently, that means nothing. I'm lost. What do I have to do to get better loot? I'm going through all the side missions right now for the achievement. I'm saving them until I'm 50. I should get better loot then.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#5darkphiresagePosted 10/13/2012 5:03:14 PM
Ya, side missions will give you lvl 50 loot as long as you accept them in pt 2.5

Loot is completely random. The only thing level helps with is making sure you can kill em for it. Bosses have a higher chance of dropping rare loot tho, (as well as w/e their specific drop is), so most people just farm them. Slappy is great to start with if you're in 2.5 because he's easy, amost always drops blue/purple loot and is really fast to get to when you save and reload after the kill. Many people prefer farming bunker cuz of the better variety in good loot. Slappy is great, but he has a thing for shotguns.
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#6ghosta2Posted 10/13/2012 5:09:22 PM
Bosses have a much higher chance to drop rare loot and it seams only certain bosses can drop certain legondaries.

I've only acquired 3 oranges.
the firehawk shield- quest reward
a teodore shotgun I got from killing Tumon
A bandit Machine pistol found in a cardboard box in Sanctuary.

Slappy, donkey mong, and king mong have dropped me lots of blues and Eridium. The warrior dropped nothing but whites and greens when I killed him in a 4 player game at the end of PT1.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#7infinitexxPosted 10/13/2012 5:09:58 PM
Loot level is based on level. Loot rarity is based on a random number generator.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#8PojoTheChickenPosted 10/13/2012 5:16:28 PM
go after some bosses. Dukino's mom has always been good to me. Better than the warrior (for me)
#9PhilOnDezPosted 10/13/2012 5:20:32 PM
ghosta2 posted...
Bosses have a much higher chance to drop rare loot and it seams only certain bosses can drop certain legondaries.

That's not exactly right, but it's close. On TVHM the warrior drops 3 purples 49 times out of 50. Once in a while, he'll only drop two (or one will land in a spot where I can't see it, I always check underneath him), and about as often he'll drop 4. He also has a small chance to drop an orange, as best I can tell this doesn't count against the number of purples that drop.

Any enemy in the game can drop any item in the game, barring quest rewards (though some of them are available as drops, the sheriff drops Law, for instance) but bosses have a greatly increased ( though still tiny) chance of dropping certain uniques/legendaries. Most bosses have 1-2 items specific to them, though the warrior and Terra have a good bit more than that. Even then, they still have a chance to drop another boss's legendaries, roughly equal to the chance that a normal mob or vending machine would have.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there