Better drop rate on Warrior

#1xHuckleberryPosted 10/14/2012 2:31:07 AM
First of all, ive made 5 characters and on each story line quest i had done.. i got a orange drop. So it got me thinking and finally with the new class being out it gave me a chance to sit down and mess with it a bit.

Let me take the time to say, H.O.L.Y. ----. I friggin hate farming this guy. Im honestly a little bit ashamed to say how much i have actually farmed warrior. And ya know, i wont. Its that much.

Anyway, so here i am on my first playthrough, The Talon of God quest...the part where you shoot the moonbeam into the warriors sad face. This my friends, is where the magic is. I dont know why, but for some reason...warrior has a better drop when you kill him with the moonbeam. Or, atleast it seems to be. So far ive killed him 10 times, and 7 out of the 10 i came out with an orange. Now, to do this over and over, youre going to need to split screen an alt account in the game...i use a lv50 account. You just kill the warrior/jack with the lv50, grab the loot, save and leave game with that account and go to dashboard on your main quest account. Just remember not to finish the quest. just pick up the loot and get done. Once you re load your save file, you should only have to go back down and hit X on the moonbeam thing and kill jack again. If you dont get anything good, just dashboard and try again.

Lastly, i do not recommend doing this a whole lot. It cant be that great on your hardware. I was just doing tests and probably wont do this again for awhile. If its your first play through and your about to head into 2.0 with nothing but some blues and purps, try this out and i hope it works for you.

Oh, and if this has been discussed here before, sorry for bringing it back up. I know taking advantage of game mechanics get to people. Just ignore it
#2fleadog2Posted 10/14/2012 2:35:26 AM
I can confirm that this method works. I've did this about 20 times and 12 times he has dropped and orange weapon.
#3TheGhost808Posted 10/14/2012 3:32:06 AM
He always drops an orange or head doing this. If you don't see anything it's under him. I've done it a few times after farming for days with no results.
#4aDominationPosted 10/14/2012 3:33:24 AM
Moonbeam?
---
Achievement Unlocked
Hail the Catastrophe 150(G) Become a Jenova Witness of your own free will.
#5VeluxierPosted 10/14/2012 3:34:43 AM
No wonder a Conference Call dropped for me when I completed TVHM...
---
Now Playing: Borderlands 2, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
#6Adam314-Posted 10/14/2012 6:19:00 AM
Wanna make sure I get this right so I can do this before I kill the warrior on my playthrough.

1.) Splitscreen an account in during Talon of God before you kill the Warrior.

2.) Kill Warrior

3.) Moonbeam Warrior

4.) Collect Orange with splitscreened in account

5.) Save and quit on splitscreened in account.

6.) Dashboard on account that has Talon of God active.

7.) Repeat

8.) Reap oranges with less time.

So assuming I have that in the correct order, I have some follow up questions. Can I splitscreen in the account after I whitle the Warrior down, because the only alt I have is a low level. Also, what if Lilith kills Jack before I find the orange, am I SOL?
#7Orange_ApplePosted 10/14/2012 6:20:55 AM
Doesn't work for me.
---
October 8, 2011. Some miracle.
http://i.imgur.com/Bx8s6.png
#8XxxXDeadRunXxxXPosted 10/14/2012 7:15:59 AM
People need to explain better... Can you get a vid or something of this someone?
#9calamityflarePosted 10/14/2012 9:15:07 AM
why is splitscreen necessary? Can't you just kill the warrior, get the drops, then save and quit before killing Jack?
---
---"That's odd, is my vassal talking back to me?" -Laharl, Disgaea anime
#10hauntbotPosted 10/14/2012 9:22:31 AM
calamityflare posted...
why is splitscreen necessary? Can't you just kill the warrior, get the drops, then save and quit before killing Jack?

im curious about this too.
---
HB: official trollschach of the relax boards