The update and losing save data/golden keys...

#1Mix_Masta_StooPosted 10/15/2012 11:45:44 AM
So today is the first time I've played since the update and I've lost 2 golden keys (down to 1 from 3), lost all my customization heads and outfits. And the game options all reset to the default (aim assist on, not inverted etc)

Has anyone else had this? Is there any way to get my customization's and keys back? Luckily my level and story progress remained but I am particularly annoyed about my golden keys... I was saving them for level 50.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/Mix+Masta+Stoo.png
#2Mix_Masta_Stoo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2012 2:00:44 PM
BUMP
---
#3Shadow_Dragon_0Posted 10/15/2012 2:08:48 PM
I've heard the same thing happened to alot of people when the update came out. Haven't heard of a fix yet.
---
PSN: dragon_fire01
Gamertag: Shadow Dragons0
#4lazerbluebaltPosted 10/15/2012 2:14:38 PM
i get alot more freezes since the update,and my skill points have been resetting on a few characters.luckily no ba reset though
#5ReniichanPosted 10/15/2012 2:22:17 PM(edited)
I remember reading that badass rank and golden keys is saved in local file that can altered. So sounds to me that update actually reset or even corrupted that file.

Was your badass rank affected as well ?
---
PSN : RenaChu
#6Mix_Masta_Stoo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2012 2:29:47 PM
Yep, just noticed that my badass rank and bonus stats have reset. ****ing ridiculous...
---
#7ReniichanPosted 10/15/2012 2:31:38 PM
Mix_Masta_Stoo posted...
Yep, just noticed that my badass rank and bonus stats have reset. ****ing ridiculous...

Yea then most likely that file ended up being reset. Sense its locally saved I doubt gearbox can do anything to recover it.
---
PSN : RenaChu
#8Deathx113Posted 10/15/2012 2:34:20 PM
So today is the first time I've played since the update and I've lost 2 golden keys (down to 1 from 3), lost all my customization heads and outfits. And the game options all reset to the default (aim assist on, not inverted etc)

Has anyone else had this? Is there any way to get my customization's and keys back? Luckily my level and story progress remained but I am particularly annoyed about my golden keys... I was saving them for level 50.

Just glitch yourself 2 golden keys when you hit 50.

Use them and it'll be like you still had 3.
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#9Epic_McDudePosted 10/15/2012 2:35:25 PM
I remember reading that badass rank and golden keys is saved in local file that can altered. So sounds to me that update actually reset or even corrupted that file.

Was your badass rank affected as well ?

Incorrect.

The Badass Ranks and Golden Keys are stored in your profile. More specifically, in the GPD.
---
"Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!" -Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#10duericPosted 10/15/2012 2:41:51 PM
TC, were you playing splitscreen at all?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member