What's the best way to farm seraph crystals?

#1SamuriChameleonPosted 10/16/2012 9:09:29 PM
The only way so far I even know of to get them is from Hyperious and he only dropped 8 and he's one of the raid bosses that can only be killed once a day. I'm assuming there's a better way to get the things seeing how all of the items in the store are like over 100.
---
"Meaning is subjective and therefore meaningless."
#2Billybobboy123Posted 10/16/2012 9:10:56 PM
SamuriChameleon posted...
The only way so far I even know of to get them is from Hyperious and he only dropped 8 and he's one of the raid bosses that can only be killed once a day. I'm assuming there's a better way to get the things seeing how all of the items in the store are like over 100.

they made is farming once per day to prevent dupers and etc so people can have something worth doing and having fun lol but yeah you can only farm it once a day the weapons arent even good i have all of them already including the relic and shields there w.e
---
gt: Defy Shady xbox 360
#3OrgeLambartPosted 10/16/2012 9:12:06 PM
it's all good, just find someone with a modded save to hook you up.... seeing as those saves which gearboxs lets people link on their forums are filled with crystals and the person can just buy you crap over and over and overa gain with no lose to themselves.
#4Billybobboy123Posted 10/16/2012 9:15:01 PM
this dlc was a huge joke.... the weapons arent even good... and you can only kill the bosses one time a day. horrible dlc...
---
#5ArkuhtectPosted 10/16/2012 9:16:30 PM
I wonder why they did that, all I see from that is we have time limit before people do start duping. Anyone else see what I'm getting at? Dupers will dupe.
---
GT: Arkuhtect
#6Billybobboy123Posted 10/16/2012 9:18:02 PM
yeah exactly but you know what i dont get is why doesnt gearbox get the information from dark souls like you know how to save every time you do something and when you drop and item etc they should use that system on borderlands 2 in the first place none of this would of happened..
---
#7Mysticman89Posted 10/16/2012 9:23:39 PM
It'd be a reasonable system if duping wasn't a reality.

Seraph stuff would end up being thoroughly rare (due to only possible to get one per 12ish days) and make for a great trading chip to get legendaries which would also be rare, but for a different reason (low drop rates). That was those who want the legends but don't have long to play every day could get daily seraph crystals from the daily bosses, and those who prefer not to wait days to get seraph themselves could farm legendaries and trade for them.

Basicly, seraph gear would be like a legit players collector item, rather than especially practical. Duping has largely destroyed the trading market though, so it ends up being a bit of a disappointment.
#8lnknprk_45Posted 10/16/2012 10:13:24 PM
Billybobboy123 posted...

they made is farming once per day to prevent dupers and etc so people can have something worth doing and having fun lol but yeah you can only farm it once a day the weapons arent even good i have all of them already including the relic and shields there w.e

That can't possibly be the reason. Wouldn't that encourage duping, rather than prevent it. I'm against duping, but hell even that starts to make duping look enticing to me since you are limited to the amount of crystals gotten, and the end reward isn't even that good. Definitely not the system that makes people not want to dupe.
#9sbfffxxnicoPosted 10/17/2012 2:07:26 AM
Even if it takes twelvish days or so to get just one, it wouldn't really stop anyone from getting everything pretty quickly. Probably almost faster than legendaries originally. All it would take is a flash drive, a second GT to use as a mule for just this case, and the time it takes to have enough crystals to buy the weapons.

Step 1: Get the crystals.
Step 2: Copy save data to flash drive.
Step 3: Use secondary data on flash drive to buy weapon.
Step 4: Give to secondary GT mule.
Step 5: Override secondary save data on flash drive with original save date with seraph crystals.
Step 6: Repeat steps 3-5 until satisfied.
Step 7: Trade all seraph weapons from GT mule back to original save data.
Step 8: Enjoy what this game has to offer.
---
GT: sbfffnico
"Yummy Dookie" - Samurai taunt from Deadliest Warrior the Game
#10NinjaMarionPosted 10/17/2012 4:17:25 AM
Billybobboy123 posted...

lol. Totally. That'll stop dupers.

Oh, wait. No. That will ENCOURAGE duping. Why on Earth would you ever only use your 120 crystals on one gun and then go do another 12-18 kills to get a second one when you and a friend can just get two guns for 120 crystals and then dupe them? Not to mention the people that won't want to wait half a month per weapon.
---
I found a pearlescent at Crawmerax. Then threw it off the cliff. :)