What's the absolute best Transfusion grenade you've ever seen in this game?

#11BridlingPosted 10/22/2012 10:34:57 PM
19880x8
lobbed/sticky/longbow 0.0 fuse
---
It takes an idiot to do cool things, that's why it's cool
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii519/Nayroy18/48ad8e96_zps0ffebfc8.gif
#12mhorton32Posted 10/22/2012 10:36:00 PM
I honestly don't ever notice that my leech is actually leeching health... The leech works differently than a normal transfusion, the mini grenades home and latch onto a target then cause significant elemental damage which is supposed to be returned to you as health. I don't see it happen.

Kiss of Death is nice because it seems to function a little bit more foolproof than some of the transfusions. You kind of have to use it a bit to see what I mean.

Lastly I will note that my favorites are always the shock ones, because they serve the dual purpose in TVHM of knocking out shields and causing pretty decent damage in addition to the getting you some health back, whereas you cant really open with a fire nade because the shields and or armor will just resist it.
---
-Matt
Xbox 360 GT: MathiasIV || Steam: Mhorton32
#13R of The NestPosted 10/22/2012 10:37:21 PM
If you're not against dupe-style exploits, there's a trick you can use to get the best reward possible.

Complete the mission, then return to Sanctuary and quit/save.

Hit the dashboard and copy your file onto a memory stick or cloud drive. Load the copy of the file and complete the mission. Throw the reward in the shared stash, quit/save. Repeat this as many times as you want to get the best possible reward. This works for any mission, not just this one.
---
"You're breaking the game, dude!"
- Gaige, on getting too many Anarchy stacks
#14RenamaniaclePosted 10/22/2012 10:38:29 PM
^Yeaj I find myself throwing shock transfusion as an opener to a fight even with full health often. So are you saying the Leech grenades currently do -not- heal you?
#15Epic_McDude(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2012 10:38:38 PM
19880x8
lobbed/sticky/longbow 0.0 fuse

*Jaw drops to the floor, boxers creamed*

Alright, I think I want that. 0.0 fuse is a must-have!

@mhorton32, I'm about to find that out soon enough.
---
"Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!" -Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#16ROFLMEOWPosted 10/22/2012 10:43:11 PM
I have three transfusion grenade mods, each of which does about 19800x8 damage -- one is corrosive with longbow, one is incendiary, and one is slag. I've been seeing transfusions more often lately, and mods that do 18000x5 and up are commonplace now.
---
"NOOOOO!!! How will I juggle?!"
#17Epic_McDude(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2012 10:48:29 PM(edited)
I have three transfusion grenade mods, each of which does about 19800x8 damage -- one is corrosive with longbow, one is incendiary, and one is slag. I've been seeing transfusions more often lately, and mods that do 18000x5 and up are commonplace now.

Can we trade luck?

Edit:

I'd like to add that my dream Transfusion grenade also has Singularity on it. Dunno if that combination is possible.

---
"Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!" -Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#18syaugust8Posted 10/22/2012 10:51:43 PM
I had a sticky longbow thunder-elemental transfusion with a 0.0 fuse time of purple level. It was level 48 or so, I think, and worked quite well with my Mechromancer, but I ditched it for a homing Storm Front. Transfusion-style grenades are quite nice, though, and were my favorite in the first Borderlands.
#19BridlingPosted 10/22/2012 10:56:07 PM
transfusion grenades can can sling, but it won't have the child grenades.
---
It takes an idiot to do cool things, that's why it's cool
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii519/Nayroy18/48ad8e96_zps0ffebfc8.gif
#20ROFLMEOWPosted 10/22/2012 10:56:27 PM
Epic_McDude posted...

Can we trade luck?

I wouldn't be so keen on that if I were you. While I do get lucky with grenade mods (I have a singularity slag mod that does over 73000 damage!), my luck in other loot is atrocious. I have found only two orange weapons over the course of my time playing this game, and I've played through the main story four times (twice each with my two now-level-50 characters), and the DLC twice. I've also killed

SPOILERS
...the Warrior several additional times, Terramorphous four times, Hyperius once, and the various lesser bosses many more times. I wouldn't have been able to handle Terramorphous or Hyperius at all if a friend hadn't kindly given me one of his Bee shields.
---
"NOOOOO!!! How will I juggle?!"