Anyone else have this problem with system linking?

#1zachattack46Posted 10/25/2012 6:26:22 AM
A friend and I were trying to system link last night but, we kept getting the no games found message. We changed routers ethernet cords and we were both up to date with patches and the mechromancer compatibility. The only solution I found was to clear the cache on the hard drive. After that it worked fine unfortunately you need to be patched for the new dlc...... Anyone else have this issue or know of a fix?
#2zachattack46(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2012 9:15:05 AM
I hate doing this but bump.
#3yodinPosted 10/25/2012 9:50:47 AM
Anyone else run into this? Was going to try system link this weekend on this game by just running an ethernet cord between the two systems. Hope it works.
#4FurioPosted 10/25/2012 9:52:58 AM
You need a crossover cable. We made our own. Just leave 4 of the 8 wires connected then cross the other 4 as shown in image: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossover_cable

We just plugged one end of the cable into each 360 and it worked just fine.
#5FurioPosted 10/25/2012 9:59:50 AM
You can buy one cheaply online but it might not arrive by this weekend, and the only local ones I could fine for sale were $20.
#6zachattack46(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2012 10:16:17 AM
Thanks for the response was starting to think it was just my xbox. One question for you before we buy these things though (sorry I'm pretty bad with technical stuff). Four of us play together would we all need to get one and plug them into the router, or am I not understanding this.
#7FurioPosted 10/25/2012 10:23:24 AM
I'm assuming you have the router to plug all the cables into? I think you want method 2, which involves crossover cables for each xbox. Which is odd because if you were connecting PC's through a hub you would only need ethernet cables (as I'm led to believe).

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/connect-xbox-360-consoles-together-for-system-link-play-910583

You can buy either the cables or adapters to plug regular ethernet cables into, all of which are about the same price on amazon.
#8FurioPosted 10/25/2012 10:28:17 AM
I'm actually not sure if you need crossover or regular ethernet cables to go through a router, that page says you need crossover but maybe someone else knows for sure.
#9zachattack46(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2012 11:10:19 AM
Thanks for the link looks pretty simple. Oh and yodin I'm not sure why but once we clear the cache on the hard drive, we were able to play. So as long as you just want to play vanilla borderlands 2 you'll be ok. In case you didn't know in order to clear the cache go to your system and get into the memory options. Then just highlight hardrive or whatever your bl2 file is on hit y for options and clear cache should be one of them.