Warrior.....Y U NO DROP LEGENDARY'S!!!!!

#1TheAnalogKid06Posted 11/2/2012 1:45:25 AM
Topic title says it all. I've fought this pos over 300+ times with my only orange drops being an awful grenade mod and jacks mask which I already have. Every other legendary i've tried to get has come relatively soon after trying to farm but oh no not from Da Warrior. Who seriously thought his drop rates were reasonable at Gearbox?
---
GT: TheAnalogKid06
#2PanopictonguyPosted 11/2/2012 4:01:33 AM
Gearbox probably didn't intend for people to say "screw the other 99% of the game let's farm the final boss."

Hell you get better drops when you kill him as a story boss which means they probably wanted people to actually play through the story multiples times.
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#3darkhouse999Posted 11/2/2012 5:29:44 AM
Gearbox probably didn't intend for people to say "screw the other 99% of the game let's farm the final boss."

Hell you get better drops when you kill him as a story boss which means they probably wanted people to actually play through the story multiples times.

The problem with that is you can only go through the story twice per character. They just wanted people to play longer, so the made the drop rates low.
---
ITP: Im hungry.-JVel91
#4natsoroxPosted 11/2/2012 6:25:36 AM
During the story mission, save your game at the point where the warrior is down but before you hit the moonshot button. Bring another char in on a second controller to grab the loot and then dashboard with your main and repeat. He drops orange about 75% of the time that way and you don't have to keep killing him.
#5onthefly350yardPosted 11/2/2012 6:29:42 AM
You can't dashboard while playing splitscreen and have the other character keep the items since the xbox will be at the dashboard, notthing will save... I'm not following your logic on that?
---
If you think the cost of training is expensive, imagine the cost of ignorance!
GamerTag:ONTHEFLY350YARD
#6xHuckleberryPosted 11/2/2012 6:33:32 AM
onthefly350yard posted...
You can't dashboard while playing splitscreen and have the other character keep the items since the xbox will be at the dashboard, notthing will save... I'm not following your logic on that?

Speaking of logic.

Sometimes people dont explain everything outright and perfect. Possibly leaving things out

It happens.
#7natsoroxPosted 11/2/2012 6:42:46 AM
with a pre-moonshot savegame (I have mine on USB), load up a split screen game, hit the button, have 2nd char pick up loot and save and quit, then dashboard main, repeat

then just trade loot from 2nd to main whenever you want
#8PanopictonguyPosted 11/2/2012 6:54:09 AM
darkhouse999 posted...

The problem with that is you can only go through the story twice per character. They just wanted people to play longer, so the made the drop rates low.

2 play troughs per character every time you start a new character infinitely.

Drop rates are low because drop rates are low in a game like this.
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#9CrabpattyPosted 11/2/2012 7:11:09 AM
natsorox posted...
with a pre-moonshot savegame (I have mine on USB), load up a split screen game, hit the button, have 2nd char pick up loot and save and quit, then dashboard main, repeat

then just trade loot from 2nd to main whenever you want

I would really like to know how to do this, as I have the same frustrations, but I still don't really understand what you're talking about?

When you load up the dashboard (and then reload Borderlands, and reload your save), how does that make The Warrior dead and new loot appear? Plz be nice, I realize it's probably obvious to most people.
#10NinjaSergePosted 11/2/2012 7:20:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV9OswJYvto
Basically- Take your main character to the Vault of the Warrior, beat jack, then beat the warrior

SAVE AND QUIT BEFORE HITTING THE MOON SHOT

Reload up that save, have a dummy profile on your xbox made, have them also join the game ( doesn't matter class or level, rakk will not attack if not provoked)
Have this dummy profile hit the moon shot
have dummy profile collect loot
have dummy profile back out of the split screen game WHILE YOU STILL ARE PLAYING (hit pause, then have them hit b)
after collecting loot with that profile, have your main profile DASHBOARD
Do not save and quit

DASHBOARD

Then repeat.