All Borderlands 2 LOOPHOLES *spoilers*

#101GameplayZero(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 11:59:16 AM
Soul_On_Display posted...
I dont agree with this. Never did Jack say anywhere of the cost of Saturn. And even if they costed lots of money, Jack would, invest in better tech. Thats the part you didn't answer.

Since Saturn was a part of the game that initially had somewhat of a background story, there is information you can look up about him. However, the developers stripped him of his story (and original name) and simply didn't want to let all that programming go to waste, so they threw him in Fyrestone. In his original description, it states how he is so expensive that Hyperion could only afford to have one at any given moment. It's on the wiki which was given by a developer source. So in that case, he couldn't simply "invest in better tech."

I realize this but by what standard? You have to make a good reason why they couldn't help you. Making them weaker for no reason is not a valid excuse.

Roland was shot everywhere in BL1, yes but he wasn't an NPC then. He wasn't limited by narrative rules. Just about every game has an obvious line between both rules, and it is easily broken quite a bit. Just because Roland was shot multiple times when you used him or during any other case doesn't mean that, that bridge of reality and gameplay needs to be carefully explained. This is, after all, a game that emphasizes its gameplay over narrative. (but then do a pretty good job with both) Explaining the reasoning from the gameplay to narrative effect would have been irrelevant.

This is the biggest piece of evidence you DIDNT READ WHAT I WROTE. How does lilith transport a whole city, with multiple people on it, and ACCIDENTALLY teleport 1 person away? Whoops? Yeah right.

Why couldn't it have been just the vault hunter? In her struggle to phase every free-moving object in the city, it is extremely possible that a good amount of things were lost from her control. A lot of less significant things were probably lost, like common house-hold things and whatnot, but such things don't need to be explained in the narrative. Her biggest blunder was obviously losing the vault hunter, or maybe other people too, who knows? It's not like the city was organized enough to know if someone was missing other than a crucial character involved with saving everyone. This is one of those moments where the basic lack of detail/explanation means that we could safely hold the benefit of the doubt. We can't prove the writers right or wrong since we don't know what fully happened from every NPC perspective. The vault-hunter wasn't there to see if people or objects had in fact been lost during the phase walk. It could have also been that the new four set of vault hunters might have some sort of connection to the Eridium mythology and thus, can't be properly effected by a siren's powers. Again, that benefit of doubt. Also, even if it is just a cliched coincidence that only the vault hunter got transported, who cares, really?

You answered like 3 questions good. Dont act like I didn't pay attention to the story. And I answered your answers in this quote.

Well* I answered 3 questions well*. There's no point in you getting mad at the people posting. You waltz in and claim there are flaws in the story, flaws that were mostly your mistakes to begin with. Have you worded your entire post in a "this is a list of things I don't entirely understand, so let's discuss" theme, you wouldn't have to face peoples' attitude.

Sorry. Yeah I just didn't like how you put that I didn't pay attention to the story. Got carried away.

Anyways these answers were vary detailed. Thank you for contributing back, especially with the attitude I gave you in the past post.
#102Soul_On_DisplayPosted 11/3/2012 12:01:24 PM
GameplayZero posted...
Sorry. Yeah I just didn't like how you put that I didn't pay attention to the story. Got carried away.

Anyways these answers were vary detailed. Thank you for contributing back, especially with the attitude I gave you in the past post.

Fair enough. Glad to help :)
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
#103Dave8907Posted 11/3/2012 4:37:43 PM
Yea look how much HP we had in the first one lol no wonder jack owned them
#104tinyjotunPosted 11/4/2012 5:49:03 PM
KillfaceDingo posted...
chinocholo posted...

Also they could've done alot more with her live action player. but didn't..

What? Am I missing something? There is no live action in this game.

Actually, if you remember months ago, they were looking for a Lilith look-a-like model. After she was taken by Jack, instead of seeing her digital face on the echo, you now see a different face top center. That is the model's face, so live-action was used for this part. It's not the model's voice though, just a few facial expressions. The same could be said for Angel, but not sure.
#1053CDEDPosted 11/5/2012 3:32:30 AM
Dave8907 posted...
Yea look how much HP we had in the first one lol no wonder jack owned them

that means very little you have more HP in BL2 yeah, but it goes far faster than it did in BL1.
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7816538416_df717aec0a_b.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2IWxqvsSY8