All Borderlands 2 LOOPHOLES *spoilers*

#31mooninomicsPosted 11/2/2012 6:58:30 PM
KaItrak posted...
AwesomeFawful posted...
AwesomeFawful posted...
7) Reviving Lilith. If you could revive Lilith why couldn't you revive Roland? This ties into the New U Station. What was the point of that. For nostalgia?

Okay, wait, what? When the hell did Lily die? I've played and beaten this game several times, when did she die?

not died, just went down when you first met her

Okay, well that's not what happened to Roland. He was shot through the back, most likely the spine, which would have either killed him instantly or paralyzed him, and the player didn't exactly have time to help him up since as soon as Jack shot Roland, he put that neck thing on Lily and forced her to "kill" (teleport) the player.

That's TCs answer to that, then.

That's true but it's not what is being addressed. Roland could take a rocket to the face in the first game, die, and still come back at a fast travel, but he just.....died permanently in this game. I don't think there's an explanation for that except that respawning is purely game mechanic

It was a cutscene death. And as we all know, cutscene deaths have been scientifically proven to be infinitely more deadly than gameplay deaths.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#32GameplayZero(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 6:58:52 PM
Falloutgenuis posted...
Why can't Sal always use 2 guns?

This is genius, how could I miss this. Even if his arms would get tired, either way he is shooting enemies for days. All the characters would be tired if that was the case.
#33bigblu3Posted 11/2/2012 6:59:06 PM
Loopholes...

" You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

-Inigo Montoya-

I think you mean plot holes...
#34oZ0NED_0UToPosted 11/2/2012 7:03:33 PM(edited)
6. IMO, I think it's her robot arm that is doing all the work. She mentions that she upgraded deathtrap to have close enough tech, anarchy, and blood soaked shields in her last echo blog which are all skills that are activated without deathtrap. Like, what if dt's AI Is in the arm shooting, aiming, and reloading for Gaige.
---
GT: oZ0NED 0UTo (the 0's are zeroes)
#35GameplayZero(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 7:00:43 PM
bigblu3 posted...
Loopholes...

-Inigo Montoya-

Thank you. How the hell did I mix up plot holes with loop holes? haha
#36GameplayZero(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 7:02:42 PM
oZ0NED_0UTo posted...
6. IMO, I think it's her robot arm that is doing all the work. She mentions that she upgraded deathtrap to have close enough tech, anarchy, and blood soaked shields in her last echo blog which are all skills that are activated without deathtrap. Like, what if dt's A Is in the arm shooting, aiming, and reloading for Gaige.

That makes a lot of sense. She could have easily changed her arm to make it shoot, especially when she left for pandora.
#37FalloutgenuisPosted 11/2/2012 7:03:53 PM(edited)
GameplayZero posted...
bigblu3 posted...
Loopholes...

-Inigo Montoya-

Thank you. How the hell did I mix up plot holes with loop holes? haha

We all got the general idea, It doesn't matter.

---
Wub!
#38AwesomeFawfulPosted 11/2/2012 7:17:06 PM
KaItrak posted...
AwesomeFawful posted...
AwesomeFawful posted...
Okay, wait, what? When the hell did Lily die? I've played and beaten this game several times, when did she die?

not died, just went down when you first met her

Okay, well that's not what happened to Roland. He was shot through the back, most likely the spine, which would have either killed him instantly or paralyzed him, and the player didn't exactly have time to help him up since as soon as Jack shot Roland, he put that neck thing on Lily and forced her to "kill" (teleport) the player.

That's TCs answer to that, then.

That's true but it's not what is being addressed. Roland could take a rocket to the face in the first game, die, and still come back at a fast travel, but he just.....died permanently in this game. I don't think there's an explanation for that except that respawning is purely game mechanic

It was a cutscene death. And as we all know, cutscene deaths have been scientifically proven to be infinitely more deadly than gameplay deaths.

Exactly! Aerith's death is proof of that!
---
Fawful for SSB4!
You cannot fully comprehend what my mind thinks.
#39GameplayZero(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 7:20:58 PM
cutscene deaths are more potent.
#40CmJudgePosted 11/2/2012 7:37:36 PM
Gbigblu3 posted...
Loopholes...

-Inigo Montoya-

I lold hard at this. Best movie ever.

"I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?"
---
GT: Hardc0re83 -I don't think the Ranger's gonna like this Yogi. This guy's more punk than me-