All Borderlands 2 LOOPHOLES *spoilers*

#41XXDEADKINGXXPosted 11/2/2012 7:51:51 PM
Bandit's don't have ECHO's. To use a NewU station, the user has to have their own ECHO on them. That is why some people spawn back alive, and others don't.

Also, Roland's ECHO was tooken by Jack after Lilth transport your character away, meaning he couldn't respawn at a NewU station. That is, assuming respawning takes more than a few seconds.

A question I have is that.. When you do respawn at a NewU station, sometimes it'll say something like.. "Welcome clone of the dead." While this does appear to be a joke, what if the true vault hunters really die when they are first killed, and a clone is created with the original's memories? This is also supported by when the NewU station says you can respawn with extra limbs. This could probably happen if there's a glitch during the recreation of the vault hunter.
---
Hai there! :D
#42OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 11/2/2012 8:00:34 PM
after jack kills roland- he is standing in front of you (any up to 3 others) he talks for about 45 seconds...why? wouldnt you just shoot him when he is standing right there? he's like greedo-- he is RIGHT THERE! SHOOT HIM...then revive roland!
#43kingroman5Posted 11/2/2012 8:01:34 PM
why aren't there any lady bandits we can kill. how do they populate?

is pandora mainly a sausage feast? poor tiny tina.
---
And I disappear /A ghost amidst the combat /Preparing to strike
#44gtarockerPosted 11/2/2012 8:04:24 PM
ShuyinVsTidus posted...
#4 is the one that gets to me the most. What the hell is Wilhelm anyway? Some giant cyborg? Seriously the couldn't handle an oversized cyborg after killing the Destroyer? =_=

Wilhelm was supposed to lose to us. Jack wanted us to get his power core for the shield
---
Cheaters always deny its cheating
#45DerailerPosted 11/2/2012 8:06:02 PM
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...
after jack kills roland- he is standing in front of you (any up to 3 others) he talks for about 45 seconds...why? wouldnt you just shoot him when he is standing right there? he's like greedo-- he is RIGHT THERE! SHOOT HIM...then revive roland!

Been explained in prior pages but I'll re-elaborate:

Cutscene power.

Anything that happens during a cutscene is considered canon.
---
Hail his name, master of humanity.
#46HakujooPosted 11/2/2012 8:16:48 PM
Some good points, but there's some explanation in the context of the game.

1.) Well, Eridium only seems to be a catalyst in transforming organic matter(amplifying the power of sirens, mutating bloodwing, etc), so infusing robots with it may give them elemental properties, like the e-tech guns, but wont result in some sort of evolutionary inorganic leap or boost. Also, given the context, Jack is a total megalomaniac, but he has the idealistic goal of being a hero in the end. Destroying all of Pandora directly contradicts his idealogy, not to mention he may destroy the rest of the Erirdium he needed to unlock the vault.

2.) That's not much of a plothole, seems as though it was tech left behind by Dahl before they abandoned the planet before BL1. Remember, the fast travel network had to be reactivated. How they were able to create new stations, if all of the ones that existed in BL2 were just inactive at the time, and what happened to the all the stations from BL1 that are now inactive are purely up to speculation. Also, it seems as though Angel was able to communicate on different echo's, thus blocking out her father, or I'd rather make some part of the plot make sense.

3.) Maybe it was a simple oversight? No clue on this one, really couldn't care less about the gender regardless.

4.) That's a nearly unforgivable plothole. Given everything that happened in BL1, the utter incompetence and cowardice of the VH's from BL1 is dumbfounding. Couldn't Anthony written them as performing other objectives while the new batch ran through the questline? Granted, they did a somewhat decent job of at least including them in a few missions, but overall they just seemed absolutely terrified.

5.) Jack needed a Siren to open the Vault. Angel was a Siren, case closed. You're right, it does seem a bit hamfisted, but I think that her reveal as a siren was the best twist in the story.

6.) Eh, she was an afterthought.

7.) Do you mean in the "Hunting the Firehawk" missions? She was winded, not fatally wounded. Also, she's a siren, so who knows what the true extent of her powers are.

8.) That's the biggest plot hole in both of the games. The New-U station was made cannon after you hopped off the bus in front of Fyrestone in BL1, but it became a game mechanic afterward. Perhaps if the New-U stations were owned by a different manufacturer that could explain away some of the questions. Remember Blake, the Hyperion go-to guy during the Clap-Trap Revolution? Hell, even a small cut-scene with Blake cutting off Jack's echo from Hyperion's New-U network would explain the possibility of Jack's return away, and also how Roland couldn't have been simply revived by the New-U.

9.) Marcus, my favorite arms dealer. It would have been good if they would have added some sort of reference to Marcus dealing with Claptrap. From the intro, it seems clear that Claptrap has been reduced to tending the remains of dead VH's duped by Jack's blatantly obvious dupe at the beginning of BL2. Claptrap securing shipments of arms from dead VH's in exchange for bits of other dead claptraps oddly makes sense.

10.) Tiny Tina... Well, that's obviously just a game mechanic, and it's pretty clear that the Bandits really don't have any allegiance beyond killing people and staying alive.

11.) Claptrap being the last of his robokind never quite added up. Why would only one be left alive? The only idea I can come up with is that since Angel controls AI, despised her father, and wanted to overthrow him. She was able to mask his connection to the Hyperion network after he began help the new batch of VH's.

12.) That's either an in-explainable plot hole or a by product of her infusion of Eridium. Remember, she shifted you "ten" feet instead of sending you back to Sanctuary when she was "rescued" earlier in the game.

I know, tl;dr...
#47GameplayZero(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 8:18:52 PM
XXDEADKINGXX posted...
Bandit's don't have ECHO's. To use a NewU station, the user has to have their own ECHO on them. That is why some people spawn back alive, and others don't.

Also, Roland's ECHO was tooken by Jack after Lilth transport your character away, meaning he couldn't respawn at a NewU station. That is, assuming respawning takes more than a few seconds.

A question I have is that.. When you do respawn at a NewU station, sometimes it'll say something like.. "Welcome clone of the dead." While this does appear to be a joke, what if the true vault hunters really die when they are first killed, and a clone is created with the original's memories? This is also supported by when the NewU station says you can respawn with extra limbs. This could probably happen if there's a glitch during the recreation of the vault hunter.

But some of the sidequest have bandits with echo. And the whole clone thing with the new u station is complicated. Idk why they even added that. Why not just make the clone weaker so they keep dying and give hyperion more profit.
#48DerailerPosted 11/2/2012 8:24:52 PM
In the first game, Claptrap said something about registering your DNA with the New U and all that jazz when you first start the game. Don't know if I'm correct on that one.

For the last one, I can surmise that the choker Jack attached to Lilith could've boosted her powers to unspeakable heights and was able to transport you to Sanctuary while as before when she told you she was going to transport you to the Bloodshot Camp she relied entirely on her own powers.

I mean hell, there's Maya too but she's not reliant on Eridium (Siren's song reference) so maybe they'll elaborate these Siren powers in future games. Maybe.
---
Hail his name, master of humanity.
#49GameplayZero(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 8:24:52 PM
Hakujoo posted...

1.) Well, Eridium only seems to be a catalyst in transforming organic matter(amplifying the power of sirens, mutating bloodwing, etc), so infusing robots with it may give them elemental properties, like the e-tech guns, but wont result in some sort of evolutionary inorganic leap or boost. Also, given the context, Jack is a total megalomaniac, but he has the idealistic goal of being a hero in the end. Destroying all of Pandora directly contradicts his idealogy, not to mention he may destroy the rest of the Erirdium he needed to unlock the vault.

2.) That's not much of a plothole, seems as though it was tech left behind by Dahl before they abandoned the planet before BL1. Remember, the fast travel network had to be reactivated. How they were able to create new stations, if all of the ones that existed in BL2 were just inactive at the time, and what happened to the all the stations from BL1 that are now inactive are purely up to speculation. Also, it seems as though Angel was able to communicate on different echo's, thus blocking out her father, or I'd rather make some part of the plot make sense.

3.) Maybe it was a simple oversight? No clue on this one, really couldn't care less about the gender regardless.

4.) That's a nearly unforgivable plothole. Given everything that happened in BL1, the utter incompetence and cowardice of the VH's from BL1 is dumbfounding. Couldn't Anthony written them as performing other objectives while the new batch ran through the questline? Granted, they did a somewhat decent job of at least including them in a few missions, but overall they just seemed absolutely terrified.

5.) Jack needed a Siren to open the Vault. Angel was a Siren, case closed. You're right, it does seem a bit hamfisted, but I think that her reveal as a siren was the best twist in the story.

6.) Eh, she was an afterthought.

7.) Do you mean in the "Hunting the Firehawk" missions? She was winded, not fatally wounded. Also, she's a siren, so who knows what the true extent of her powers are.

8.) That's the biggest plot hole in both of the games. The New-U station was made cannon after you hopped off the bus in front of Fyrestone in BL1, but it became a game mechanic afterward. Perhaps if the New-U stations were owned by a different manufacturer that could explain away some of the questions. Remember Blake, the Hyperion go-to guy during the Clap-Trap Revolution? Hell, even a small cut-scene with Blake cutting off Jack's echo from Hyperion's New-U network would explain the possibility of Jack's return away, and also how Roland couldn't have been simply revived by the New-U.

9.) Marcus, my favorite arms dealer. It would have been good if they would have added some sort of reference to Marcus dealing with Claptrap. From the intro, it seems clear that Claptrap has been reduced to tending the remains of dead VH's duped by Jack's blatantly obvious dupe at the beginning of BL2. Claptrap securing shipments of arms from dead VH's in exchange for bits of other dead claptraps oddly makes sense.

10.) Tiny Tina... Well, that's obviously just a game mechanic, and it's pretty clear that the Bandits really don't have any allegiance beyond killing people and staying alive.

11.) Claptrap being the last of his robokind never quite added up. Why would only one be left alive? The only idea I can come up with is that since Angel controls AI, despised her father, and wanted to overthrow him. She was able to mask his connection to the Hyperion network after he began help the new batch of VH's.

12.) That's either an in-explainable plot hole or a by product of her infusion of Eridium. Remember, she shifted you "ten" feet instead of sending you back to Sanctuary when she was "rescued" earlier in the game.

I know, tl;dr...

Very good explanations. You should work for Gearbox.
#50gtarockerPosted 11/2/2012 8:27:48 PM
1) Saturn is a giant Hyperion robot

2) angel is a double agent enslaved by jack. She is on our side but jack does interrupt her actions sometimes and forces her to do things

3) mordecai is a drunk maybe he just didn't know in bl1 that it was a she

4)Wilhelm is supposedly very strong canon but loses intentionally so we pick up his core for sanctuarys shield

5) phase shift is to alter electronic devices. She is wired into hyperions tech only because of jack

6)Gaige is a super fast learner it doesn't take too much to figure guns out especially for a tech/mech engineering geek

7) when did we revive lilith with a new u?

8) you pick up guns from bodies then sell them? To who? I'd assume they all funnel back to Marcus. Now add to that. Other bandit clans hodunks v. Zafords fight loot each other and sell them to who? Same thing. It is only mentioned that the guns come from dead corpses. Kind of like cocaine on money. At some point the guns have been on a corpse.

9) for all we know FS was a bad leader and the other bandits were happy he is dead

10) EVERYONE underestimates him

11) she said she's sorry let it go man
---
Cheaters always deny its cheating