All Borderlands 2 LOOPHOLES *spoilers*

#71JaxPopPosted 11/2/2012 9:26:01 PM
The plot hole that drive me crazy (and I admit that I'm nitpicking here) is that Claptrap and the Crimson Raiders you meet at the beginning of the game keep trying to boost your ego saying "You faced Jack and lived." Um... no I didn't. From what I remember in the opening cut scene, he wired a dummy of him with explosives and I got damn lucky by surviving it. Did I face one of his death squads? You bet. The actual Jack? Never happened, so stop stroking my ego with a falsehood.
---
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. - George Carlin
#72GameplayZero(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 9:46:19 PM
JaxPop posted...
The plot hole that drive me crazy (and I admit that I'm nitpicking here) is that Claptrap and the Crimson Raiders you meet at the beginning of the game keep trying to boost your ego saying "You faced Jack and lived." Um... no I didn't. From what I remember in the opening cut scene, he wired a dummy of him with explosives and I got damn lucky by surviving it. Did I face one of his death squads? You bet. The actual Jack? Never happened, so stop stroking my ego with a falsehood.

Haha how could I forget this. Yeah they were overreacting. So what I survived. Does that automatically make me a badass? Jack is still out there.
#73DerailerPosted 11/2/2012 9:50:19 PM
JaxPop posted...
Claptrap and the Crimson Raiders you meet at the beginning of the game keep trying to boost your ego saying "You faced Jack and lived."

Claptrap also said to bite the electrical fence blocking the elevator when you do the Shielded Favors quest. Yep, that claptrap.
---
Hail his name, master of humanity.
#74DrakillionPosted 11/2/2012 10:02:55 PM
That's a nice list.

1.) He could but that would require extra work. Working on source codes suck :P

2.) I think she was doing that behind his back. Either that or Jack was going for broke and he wanted you to trust Angel enough and the Banker will finish the job.

3.) I was soooo pissed at this detail. Cutscene power for the lose moment I guess.

4.) I think phase shift allows her to access inanimate objects and change its
properties. As an extension, she can hack mechanical systems as well.

5.) I think she just wings it. Probably watched too many moves with guns.

6.) "Mommy? Why didn't they use a Phoenix Down on Aerith?" One of my pet peeve tropes. A character can take so much punishment in-game but they're very vulnerable in cutscenes.

7.) Then it'd be a never boss fight. Who would want that? Plus, if you knock out the NewU, then you're F'd. I don't know, maybe Angel used phase shift on the NewU network and she disabled all commands to revive Jack and other big villains.

8.) Marcus. He's just the salesman. He gets them from the main company. Plus, there were probably a lot of guns there already.

9.) Because a bandit's brain is STUPID.

The really obvious one such as loot chests magically being restocked. How did the cursed gun get around? How does a skag grow so big after being fed a couple of
times?

There's a mechanic named "Scooter" who has a sister named after him but we have Ellie. You'd think they'd mention sister "Scooter" more.

Most importantly.... Brick, Y U NO USE BERSERK?!!?!?!91!
---
---
"Dating Yukari Takeba is, like, the closest thing to dating Michelle Ruff, so I don't see the reason why not."- My brother XD
#75Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 11/2/2012 10:09:24 PM
Smackdowner1 posted...
*spoilers follow*

1) If Jack could create a huge slagged bloodwing, why couldn't he create giant hyperion robots?
He did.

With all that money Jack should realize that his hyperion robots keep dying so he should invest in something better. Why not just nuke pandora instead and build opportunity on top?
You not paying attention to the story isn't a plot hole, which is what I assume you meant and not a loophole.

2) Fast travel station. Who is in charge of that?
Hyperion engineers.

During the whole hyperion overlook mission, Jack realized Angel was working for the vault hunters. Why couldn't he just stop Angel and force his engineers to stop entry?
They didn't have a choice. You know, suffocating to death and all.

Why did Jack constantly let Angel help them after that?
He didn't.

3) Mordecai's bloodwing. Some said that the birds change genders over time but that sounds like a developer mistake (maybe or maybe not).
Not a plot hole

4) Borderlands 1 characters. They beat cramwrax the invincible, destroyer of the universe, yet they couldn't handle one man? I understand the borderlands 2 characters are powerful but BL1 characters could have beat jack themselves.
It wouldn't be much of a game if they had killed him without you.

5) Angel. So she is a siren. Whats her powers? Jack gave her control over technology so that couldn't be it. It seems Gearbox just made Angel as a siren just for plot purposes.
... Yes. She's a Siren for plot purposes. That's exactly why he had her confined. Without a Siren, he could not charge the vault key. It's pretty evident she has powers after listening to the echo logs, and the huge freaking angel wings coming out of her back.

6) Gaige. Surprised huh? I understand why she came to pandora but why does she suddenly know how to use a gun? Gearbox didn't clear this up, not that it really matters since it doesn't explain why Maya even uses a gun. I don't really care either way cause I get to shoot stuff.

Shooting a gun is not ****ing rocket science. She created a laser shooting robot of death. I think she can figure out how to pull a trigger.

7) Reviving Lilith. If you could revive Lilith why couldn't you revive Roland? This ties into the New U Station. What was the point of that. For nostalgia?

Because Lilith was just exhausted, and didn't have a bullet enter through her spine and come out her chest, leaving a nice big hole to see through.

I'm done. These "loopholes" just keep getting more and more ridiculous.

I think most of these cover the first 7 questions. Though for number 5, I would assume the powers Angel has would more likely be the 'Phase Shift' thing she does which allows her to hack into anything electronic.... and likely since she is hooked up to Hyperion tech, it requires the hacked thing to either be Hyperion tech, or have some Hyperion tech on it/in it.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#76MoonlightJustPosted 11/2/2012 10:59:16 PM
Rolands death could have been done SO much better. In aiming for the 'shock' factor of killing a main character, they took away all control and left the player in a very stupid position of not doing anything. Even people like Axton, who is a glory hound who takes stupid risks, and Sal who is just crazy, who WOULD have actively shot at Jack regardless of Liliths safety, just sit by and twiddle their thumbs while Jack raves.
#77whitepsychtigerPosted 11/2/2012 11:59:57 PM
GameplayZero posted...

5) Angel. So she is a siren. Whats her powers? Jack gave her control over technology so that couldn't be it. It seems Gearbox just made Angel as a siren just for plot purposes.

Phaseshift...
---
GT: PhantomGenetics
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, MInecraft 360 Current Projects: Silicon Universe, Legend Among Legend A Legend Never Dies, it is only reborn
#78DerailerPosted 11/3/2012 12:02:47 AM
whitepsychtiger posted...
GameplayZero posted...

Phaseshift...

Exactly. The clue was super early too when she said "Activating Phaseshift". You knew something was fishy about Angel being an "A.I".
---
Hail his name, master of humanity.
#79Nanis23Posted 11/3/2012 12:09:44 AM
Another question is why Wilhem is being hyped even though Saturn is the ultimate Hyperion robot (that we know of)
So..why
#80StuflamesPosted 11/3/2012 12:10:13 AM
The only plothole that actually bothered me was that all of the "impassable barriers" in the game were like 20-30 foot walls leading to open space.

Anyone with a ladder can scale that. Much less flight and future technologies.
---
XboxGT: ShakeMeatLock