All Jakobs weapons have hidden critical damage bonuses

#1TheSPPPosted 11/2/2012 9:25:31 PM
From this topic on the official forums, posted by someone who has data mined the PC version:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=183574

Barhoo3 posted...
All "Jakobs" guns have hidden increased critical hit modifiers.

Pistols - 150%
Shotguns - 150%
Assault Rifle - 130%
Sniper Rifle - 420%

These will not show up on the card but you can clearly see the difference when shooting the target dummy.

Pretty awesome.
---
Hello :D
GT:xxThe Biesxx
#2Ibanez4570Posted 11/2/2012 9:28:03 PM
Well, all guns do bonus critical hit damage. Are those numbers additional damage on top of the damage boost you get from shooting someone in the face?
---
Ugh, bullets, my only weakness
#3ShuyinVsTidusPosted 11/2/2012 9:30:40 PM
"At Jakobs we believe that high damage equals high satisfaction. When it just needs to be dead, it needs to be a Jakobs."

Very nice! I still don't like jacobs shotguns...
---
Foolish mortals and your petty squabbles
Giga-Graviton > Zanmato
#4TheSPP(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 9:32:02 PM
Ibanez4570 posted...
Well, all guns do bonus critical hit damage. Are those numbers additional damage on top of the damage boost you get from shooting someone in the face?

These are bonuses on top of the usual amount of damage done with a critical hit.
---
Hello :D
GT:xxThe Biesxx
#5Phoenixmon2Posted 11/2/2012 11:54:50 PM
Wow WTF

So a Jakobs sniper rifle with a 180% bonus...I wish my Tumtum Buffalo I got at the end of PT1 was a level 50 version...
#6AwesomeFawfulPosted 11/2/2012 11:57:13 PM
Ibanez4570 posted...

These are bonuses on top of the usual amount of damage done with a critical hit.

O_O

*is now considering going back to sniping with Zer0*
---
Fawful for SSB4!
You cannot fully comprehend what my mind thinks.
#7BlackWizardMagusPosted 11/3/2012 12:03:02 AM
I can't claim any hard evidence to back this up, but I have switched a Jacobs for an equally powerful Vladof, and my crits were NOT suddenly a fraction as powerful. Likewise, I've had times where I decided to use a Jacobs over an elemental Mailwan, and the damage was pretty similar, as you would expect from the extra raw power but with the loss of the elemental bonus. Headshots were not suddenly obliterating enemies that previously took me 2-3 shots to kill.
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#8PensatoPosted 11/3/2012 12:47:40 AM
BlackWizardMagus posted...
I can't claim any hard evidence to back this up, but I have switched a Jacobs for an equally powerful Vladof, and my crits were NOT suddenly a fraction as powerful. Likewise, I've had times where I decided to use a Jacobs over an elemental Mailwan, and the damage was pretty similar, as you would expect from the extra raw power but with the loss of the elemental bonus. Headshots were not suddenly obliterating enemies that previously took me 2-3 shots to kill.

My Tumtum Jakobs one shots everything but Super Badasses and bosses. So either you have a crappy sniper or you're being bias.
#9AlleRacingPosted 11/3/2012 6:48:02 AM
I believe it. My Lyuda, which is fire and does ~17000*3 damage with some bonus critical damage, does far less critical damage to the dummy than my 9700*5 Skullmasher, non-elemental of course. According to the item card stats, the Lyuda should outdamage it easily. Higher base damage, fire vs. flesh bonus, and both have bonus critical damage listed. Still, the Lyuda does barely more than half the damage of the Skullmasher on a critical.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#10DR_PariahPosted 11/3/2012 8:01:45 AM
this is an excellent resource, thank you for posting it TC and thanks to the guy who wrote it.