All Jakobs weapons have hidden critical damage bonuses

#11SinisterSynPosted 11/3/2012 10:18:50 AM
That's good to know. Guess I will make sure to keep my 50 Buffalo when I finally get around to doing my saved sidequests. I already loved their revolvers though, so even more reason to use them. :)
---
GT: ChronoAssassin
#12gamesmasterwanttobePosted 11/3/2012 10:25:29 AM
hmm I thought something like this was going on, my Jakobs sniper that has about 500 less damage than my Maliwan Sniper still does way way more damage upon a crit, and this explains why.

cheers
---
"I have a Girlfriend who is 13 years younger than me - Back of the net!"- Alan Partridge
FC (Trades/Battles) 5414 2981 6170
#13borochadwicsaysPosted 11/3/2012 10:33:54 AM
BlackWizardMagus posted...
I can't claim any hard evidence to back this up, but I have switched a Jacobs for an equally powerful Vladof, and my crits were NOT suddenly a fraction as powerful. Likewise, I've had times where I decided to use a Jacobs over an elemental Mailwan, and the damage was pretty similar, as you would expect from the extra raw power but with the loss of the elemental bonus. Headshots were not suddenly obliterating enemies that previously took me 2-3 shots to kill.

Anecdotal B.S. from Magnus vs. Real life number calculation

I wonder who is right?
#14TheSPP(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 4:09:52 PM
Bump. I'm thinking people might like to know about this.
---
Hello :D
GT:xxThe Biesxx
#15BlackWizardMagusPosted 11/3/2012 4:13:44 PM
borochadwicsays posted...
I can't claim any hard evidence to back this up, but I have switched a Jacobs for an equally powerful Vladof, and my crits were NOT suddenly a fraction as powerful. Likewise, I've had times where I decided to use a Jacobs over an elemental Mailwan, and the damage was pretty similar, as you would expect from the extra raw power but with the loss of the elemental bonus. Headshots were not suddenly obliterating enemies that previously took me 2-3 shots to kill.

I wonder who is right?

Wow, way to be an ass about it. Number on my screen don't reflect the claims in the post, that's all I'm saying. You do whatever you want.
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#16finalcryhavocPosted 11/3/2012 4:29:07 PM

I wonder who is right?

Wow, way to be an ass about it. Number on my screen don't reflect the claims in the post, that's all I'm saying. You do whatever you want.

take out your JAKOBS skullsmasher and use that and see how much dmg you do, i guarantee if you build your zero correctly and use that weapon you will be crit'n for 800+k and if you dont well then you dont know what you are doin or what you are talkin bout
---
gt Final Cry Havoc
#17finalcryhavocPosted 11/3/2012 4:34:56 PM
figured i should clarify before i get trolled, a full sniper build with zero with a 9700x5 with +180% critical damage Jakobs skullsmasher sniper rifle and a 57k amp bee shield (add in a sniper dmg relic for 1m+) and a sniper mod are used to hit a critical spot on a level 50+ enemy while in deception mode, you can earn a damage rating in excess of 800k
---
gt Final Cry Havoc
#18schu44Posted 11/3/2012 4:49:15 PM
This all really good info but I have a question? Are the Jakobs snipers the guns that are really bouncy when scoped? This doesn't bother me from long range but from mid range I will still snipe but I will trade damage for a steadier scope and a higher fire rate.
#19finalcryhavocPosted 11/3/2012 4:55:13 PM
schu44 posted...
This all really good info but I have a question? Are the Jakobs snipers the guns that are really bouncy when scoped? This doesn't bother me from long range but from mid range I will still snipe but I will trade damage for a steadier scope and a higher fire rate.

no that would be hyperion, they get more accurate as you shoot so they have more sway when not shooting, absolutely garbage
---
gt Final Cry Havoc
#20BlackWizardMagusPosted 11/3/2012 5:22:52 PM
finalcryhavoc posted...

I wonder who is right?

take out your JAKOBS skullsmasher and use that and see how much dmg you do, i guarantee if you build your zero correctly and use that weapon you will be crit'n for 800+k and if you dont well then you dont know what you are doin or what you are talkin bout

...what are you talking about? Did I misread the original post? I thought the point was that a crit with a Jakobs and a crit with a Hyperion (or any other manufacturer), if they have the same listed damage, will have drastically different total damage, because of a hidden multiplier. And I've not seen that happen for me. Nothing said it only applied to a specific gun or only worked with Zero, so my level 35 Axton should be able to see the same difference with 2 weak, white snipers. If I'm wrong, so be it. I'm just saying, when I've tried out new guns, I've not seen any huge difference in the numbers I see.
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus