Duping is bad

#21ZER0_74Posted 11/2/2012 10:04:42 PM
ITT duping is good
---
XBL gamertag: Z3r074 (the 0 is the number zero)
#22StormWolf12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 10:05:19 PM
TC is a troll.
#23AwesomeFawfulPosted 11/2/2012 10:07:04 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
TC is a troll.

Calling yourself a troll.... why?
---
Fawful for SSB4!
You cannot fully comprehend what my mind thinks.
#24StormWolf12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 10:10:45 PM
I didn't my account was hacked!
#25TwistedSensesPosted 11/2/2012 10:15:51 PM(edited)
Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I'd like to point out I'm not necessarily against people enjoying the game the way they want to. It's not a competitive game, so there's less of a stigma to it.

That said, it kinda does ruin the experience for people. Or the community? Maybe my articulation of the concept isn't so great.
For an instance, consider this board specifically. Look at the topics of LFs, FTs, etc. Most of it though, you know everyone's really just duping away, trading their copies for another one and creating this odd mixture of stagnation and variety. Everyone plays with a safety net now; they don't have to worry about losing something rare and precious--no no, there's a million more where that came from.

Where does this ruin another's experience? Of the game itself, not so much admittedly. You can play the game just fine co-op or solo. But, it's more or less the experience of the community. It's polarized, and both sides have a good view on it; some don't care to enjoy the RNG, and find ways to screw with it. Others appreciate it, and cherish what they obtain because of the cruel nature of an RNG. That RNG however, is an integral part of this game; you can claim to love the game and yet dupe, but you are kinda missing out on part of the spirit of it. If the game were a woman, you can't just pick the parts you don't like about her and change them so specifically....or if you do, there's hell...or fees to pay. It's not a strong analogy but the point is made.
Not just the appreciation of the game, but the spirit of trading itself. Instead of trading away something that you may have some actual investment toward....you can keep it, and obtain something at the same time. Less attachment and investment...less appeal and interest. Less time spent on the game. If the game didn't have DLC, it really feels as if things would burn out far faster considering everyone can come to gamefaqs and receive whatever big shot weapon they want.

Again, I do not really place faith in my articulation, but maybe the confusion is that it doesn't necessarily ruin the game for everyone...it just ruins the experience with the community.

Also, before I eat crow for posting seriously in a troll topic, I just figured it would be better to clarify that misunderstanding that it ruins the game, for anyone really. Duping doesn't really hurt freaking anyone in terms of gameplay experience.
---
Deadpool/Hawkeye/Strider Hiryu all day | Yoshimitsu/Raven | Goh'ing to hell since like...a few months ago.
#26PensatoPosted 11/2/2012 10:16:10 PM
TwistedSenses posted...
Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I'd like to point out I'm not necessarily against people enjoying the game the way they want to. It's not a competitive game, so there's less of a stigma to it.

That said, it kinda does ruin the experience for people. Or the community? Maybe my articulation of the concept isn't so great.
For an instance, consider this board specifically. Look at the topics of LFs, FTs, etc. Most of it though, you know everyone's really just duping away, trading their copies for another one and creating this odd mixture of stagnation and variety. Everyone plays with a safety net now; they don't have to worry about losing something rare and precious--no no, there's a million more where that came from.

Where does this ruin another's experience? Of the game itself, not so much admittedly. You can play the game just fine co-op or solo. But, it's more or less the experience of the community. It's polarized, and both sides have a good view on it; some don't care to enjoy the RNG, and find ways to screw with it. Others appreciate it, and cherish what they obtain because of the cruel nature of an RNG. That RNG however, is an integral part of this game; you can claim to love the game and yet dupe, but you are kinda missing out on part of the spirit of it. If the game were a woman, you can't just pick the parts you don't like about her and change them so specifically....or if you do, there's hell...or fees to pay. It's not a strong analogy but the point is made.
Not just the appreciation of the game, but the spirit of trading itself. Instead of trading away something that you may have some actual investment toward....you can keep it, and obtain something at the same time. Less attachment and investment...less appeal and interest. Less time spent on the game. If the game didn't have DLC, it really feels as if things would burn out far faster considering everyone can come to gamefaqs and receive whatever big shot weapon they want.

Again, I do not really place faith in my articulation, but maybe the confusion is that it doesn't necessarily ruin the game for everyone...it just ruins the experience with the community.

Not really.
#27StormWolf12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 10:17:26 PM(edited)
This isn't a troll topic, I seriously feel this way.
#28TerminusEstPosted 11/2/2012 10:17:40 PM
Am I the only one who heard Mr. Mackey going Mmm'kay? after reading the topic title?
---
Board 402. Who are you to resist it?
#29WandymanPosted 11/2/2012 10:18:30 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
It ruins the game for everyone else, and kills the fun.

What I do in MY game is not the concern of anyone else. Not everyone plays with random people. If people want to dupe and kill their fun, it does not affect you in the slightest.
#30JPhoenix985Posted 11/2/2012 10:19:48 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
This isn't a troll topic, I seriously feel this way.

Exactly what a troll would say.
---
GT: Liquid x Havok