Duping is bad

#81MyAura717Posted 11/3/2012 9:04:07 AM
duping is a gateway drug. next you'll be doing things in back alleys you never though of before for a couple of baby makers.
---
Convert To Buddenism now
#82bry6trumpPosted 11/3/2012 9:24:39 AM
duping does hurt the game in a way..i mean, its common now to join higher ranked games where all of the other players have bees and conference calls and we one shot everything..it just feels cheap..having oranges means nothing if you didnt work for it, ie find it on your own or trade someone for it...i understand oranges are extremely difficult to find by farming but i just feel like too many players have oranges now from duping..killing terramorphous is a cakewalk
#83PanopictonguyPosted 11/3/2012 10:48:34 AM
TwistedSenses posted...
Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I'd like to point out I'm not necessarily against people enjoying the game the way they want to. It's not a competitive game, so there's less of a stigma to it.

That said, it kinda does ruin the experience for people. Or the community? Maybe my articulation of the concept isn't so great.
For an instance, consider this board specifically. Look at the topics of LFs, FTs, etc. Most of it though, you know everyone's really just duping away, trading their copies for another one and creating this odd mixture of stagnation and variety. Everyone plays with a safety net now; they don't have to worry about losing something rare and precious--no no, there's a million more where that came from.

Where does this ruin another's experience? Of the game itself, not so much admittedly. You can play the game just fine co-op or solo. But, it's more or less the experience of the community. It's polarized, and both sides have a good view on it; some don't care to enjoy the RNG, and find ways to screw with it. Others appreciate it, and cherish what they obtain because of the cruel nature of an RNG. That RNG however, is an integral part of this game; you can claim to love the game and yet dupe, but you are kinda missing out on part of the spirit of it. If the game were a woman, you can't just pick the parts you don't like about her and change them so specifically....or if you do, there's hell...or fees to pay. It's not a strong analogy but the point is made.
Not just the appreciation of the game, but the spirit of trading itself. Instead of trading away something that you may have some actual investment toward....you can keep it, and obtain something at the same time. Less attachment and investment...less appeal and interest. Less time spent on the game. If the game didn't have DLC, it really feels as if things would burn out far faster considering everyone can come to gamefaqs and receive whatever big shot weapon they want.

Again, I do not really place faith in my articulation, but maybe the confusion is that it doesn't necessarily ruin the game for everyone...it just ruins the experience with the community.

Also, before I eat crow for posting seriously in a troll topic, I just figured it would be better to clarify that misunderstanding that it ruins the game, for anyone really. Duping doesn't really hurt freaking anyone in terms of gameplay experience.

It doesn;t matter how you explain it they never understand.

Most people who dupe don't understand economy. They don't understand that having a full inventory of legendary gear kills the challenge. And apparently people who dupe privately feel guilty and think we're talking about them.

Ruining the community experience is part of the problem. But that was never understood because people don't understand how their actions taken on the internet can effect people they met and will never know.
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#84StormWolf12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 10:54:02 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
TwistedSenses posted...
Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I'd like to point out I'm not necessarily against people enjoying the game the way they want to. It's not a competitive game, so there's less of a stigma to it.

That said, it kinda does ruin the experience for people. Or the community? Maybe my articulation of the concept isn't so great.
For an instance, consider this board specifically. Look at the topics of LFs, FTs, etc. Most of it though, you know everyone's really just duping away, trading their copies for another one and creating this odd mixture of stagnation and variety. Everyone plays with a safety net now; they don't have to worry about losing something rare and precious--no no, there's a million more where that came from.

Where does this ruin another's experience? Of the game itself, not so much admittedly. You can play the game just fine co-op or solo. But, it's more or less the experience of the community. It's polarized, and both sides have a good view on it; some don't care to enjoy the RNG, and find ways to screw with it. Others appreciate it, and cherish what they obtain because of the cruel nature of an RNG. That RNG however, is an integral part of this game; you can claim to love the game and yet dupe, but you are kinda missing out on part of the spirit of it. If the game were a woman, you can't just pick the parts you don't like about her and change them so specifically....or if you do, there's hell...or fees to pay. It's not a strong analogy but the point is made.
Not just the appreciation of the game, but the spirit of trading itself. Instead of trading away something that you may have some actual investment toward....you can keep it, and obtain something at the same time. Less attachment and investment...less appeal and interest. Less time spent on the game. If the game didn't have DLC, it really feels as if things would burn out far faster considering everyone can come to gamefaqs and receive whatever big shot weapon they want.

Again, I do not really place faith in my articulation, but maybe the confusion is that it doesn't necessarily ruin the game for everyone...it just ruins the experience with the community.

Also, before I eat crow for posting seriously in a troll topic, I just figured it would be better to clarify that misunderstanding that it ruins the game, for anyone really. Duping doesn't really hurt freaking anyone in terms of gameplay experience.

It doesn;t matter how you explain it they never understand.

Most people who dupe don't understand economy. They don't understand that having a full inventory of legendary gear kills the challenge. And apparently people who dupe privately feel guilty and think we're talking about them.

Ruining the community experience is part of the problem. But that was never understood because people don't understand how their actions taken on the internet can effect people they met and will never know.

This guy, lol.
#85PanopictonguyPosted 11/3/2012 11:17:46 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
TwistedSenses posted...

If it didn't take over 3 days of farming one boss to get one specific weapon I need to kill one specific raid boss, you might have a point. [Looks at Master Gee] (and that's just one weapon I needed to actually put a dent in the worms aside from my sniper which runs out of ammo quickly]

The problem is the creators screwed the "ooh" factor of Borderlands one, it was awful when I made it to Eridian blight everything was at level 50, I was still getting lvl. 48 loot that wasn't even denting them (A sniper with 12500 with Zero set for Critical boost didn't do more than 5% on critical to a Bedrock Bullymong esque enemy [Demong/etc.]

Farming for six days straight gave me nothing, and then finally while I opened crate and I obtained Bee everything finally died from a few shots? Bad game design.

Do I dupe? nope. But the frustration of grinding and not knowing which weapons are practically forced until you get amazing loot is ridiculous.

You don't need anything but skill to be any boss.
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#86OrgeLambartPosted 11/3/2012 11:22:21 AM
See Stormwolf this is a much better attempt at trolling, haven't seen you get modded once... Nice going buddy, with some training you can be the best troll out there..

Oh yeah, Duping is bad Mmmmmkay.