So GOTY come down to BL2 vs. Halo 4 vs. AC3

#11GameplayZeroPosted 11/3/2012 1:35:04 PM
IMO I doubt any of these games will get GOTY (cause they shouldn't). Halo 4 wont, BL2 shouldn't, AC3 not really.

None of these games do anything that is ground breaking. Yeah they are huge improvements over there predecessors but they haven't done anything that hasn't been done before. Idk why you didn't even include dishonored if your only putting winter released games.

There are other games that came out that your forgetting. I just can't think of them at the moment.
#12GameplayZeroPosted 11/3/2012 1:36:05 PM
and no COD, beside 4, has ever gotten GOTY. BO2 will be the same most likely.
#13ICantNameGudPosted 11/3/2012 1:38:52 PM
GameplayZero posted...
IMO I doubt any of these games will get GOTY (cause they shouldn't). Halo 4 wont, BL2 shouldn't, AC3 not really.

None of these games do anything that is ground breaking. Yeah they are huge improvements over there predecessors but they haven't done anything that hasn't been done before. Idk why you didn't even include dishonored if your only putting winter released games.

There are other games that came out that your forgetting. I just can't think of them at the moment.

Which is exactly why said other games won't win. All highly rates entertainmet releases are sequels. You know this.

It's going to be AC3, hands down. I don't even play the series but still. It's pretty obv
#14duericPosted 11/3/2012 1:41:00 PM
GameplayZero posted...

There is no consensus GOTY. COD has won it from at least one of the "big sites" every year it's been out.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#15GameplayZeroPosted 11/3/2012 2:00:32 PM
ICantNameGud posted...
GameplayZero posted...

Which is exactly why said other games won't win. All highly rates entertainmet releases are sequels. You know this.

It's going to be AC3, hands down. I don't even play the series but still. It's pretty obv

I don't think it will be, but out of all those 3 games above, AC3 has the better chance.
#16finalcryhavocPosted 11/3/2012 2:15:35 PM
ok to bring it down to just those games is absurd, if you actually paid attention you would know that alot of great games came out and dont forget that when morrowind and oblivion came out those games won 2 years running because of dlc or in morrowinds case just expansions and dawnguard did come out this year. also other worthy notes: ghost recon fs, dishonored, medal of honor, and resident evil 6 all of these franchises ,or in the case of dishonored the developers, have gotten at least nominations and as for grfs, Tom Clancy is one of the strongest brands out to date, also yet to come are call of duty bo2 love it or hate it or have a love/hate relationship with it idc but to try and deny that it is one of if not the most popular names in gaming is just plain idiotic and far cry 3 will be out in december and it should amaze if ubisoft stops bein cheap pos's and actually give us working servers
---
gt Final Cry Havoc
#17finalcryhavocPosted 11/3/2012 2:21:21 PM
GameplayZero posted...

actually mw2 did get game of the year
---
gt Final Cry Havoc
#18Orange_ApplePosted 11/3/2012 2:25:19 PM
GameplayZero posted...

There is no consensus GOTY. COD has won it from at least one of the "big sites" every year it's been out.

This.
---
Without Orange, Apple's stock will have a vitamin C deficiency.- Neeky
#19LEGEND_725Posted 11/3/2012 2:27:39 PM
Everytime someone says "halo is like CoD" I die a bit inside.
---
RIP Gamespot 5/21/09 - 5/8/12. . .
#20PensatoPosted 11/3/2012 2:41:40 PM
GOTY is meaningless. Just about every major AAA title will get at least one from somewhere.

If anything BL2 should win an award for beating Bethesda in how many bugs a game can have.