So GOTY come down to BL2 vs. Halo 4 vs. AC3

#21BlackWizardMagusPosted 11/3/2012 2:42:39 PM
Pensato posted...
GOTY is meaningless. Just about every major AAA title will get at least one from somewhere.

If anything BL2 should win an award for beating Bethesda in how many bugs a game can have.

Pfft. Clearly you did not explore Skyrim thoroughly enough.
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#22duericPosted 11/3/2012 2:45:29 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Everytime someone says "halo is like CoD" I die a bit inside.

Halo 4 will make you feel really terrible then.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#23KillfaceDingoPosted 11/3/2012 2:45:49 PM
BlackWizardMagus posted...
Pensato posted...
GOTY is meaningless. Just about every major AAA title will get at least one from somewhere.

If anything BL2 should win an award for beating Bethesda in how many bugs a game can have.

Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas all had way more bugs than this game.
---
GT: Mighty Boosh420
I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?
#24SolidStryderPosted 11/3/2012 2:58:02 PM
KillfaceDingo posted...
BlackWizardMagus posted...
Pensato posted...

Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas all had way more bugs than this game.

Seriously lol, not even a comparison. Anyway, ME3 is still my GOTY as of now.
#25Coop14Posted 11/3/2012 3:02:57 PM
Pensato posted...

Lol have you played a Bethesda Sandbox game?
---
On the WoW board today, Coop14 becomes the most desired male on the board in the span of a single day. -
Wyrmwarrior5
#26mooninomicsPosted 11/3/2012 3:13:01 PM
Pensato posted...

This. Followed by the inevitable "GOTY Edition" which includes all (or most) gameplay-centered DLC. Yes, we know the dance.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#27PensatoPosted 11/3/2012 3:36:09 PM
I've only played FO3, NV, and Skyrim. NV was the most buggy of those three.

BL2 = Reset bug. Elemental bug. Game freezing. Graveyard.sav. Save bug. Enemies not scaling in 2.5. Master Gee freezing. Progressive Lag.

Of the top of my head, those are the major game breaking bugs BL2 has. That's not counting all the minor glitches like enemies floating up into the sky, items falling through the floor and such.

NV = Game freezing. Progressive Lag. Broken quest lines.

Major game breaking bugs off the top of my head. It had a ton of minor glitches as well, some of which are similar to BL2's minor glitches.

I know I was lucky with Skyrim, but the only bug I ever got was not being able to finish a quest because I had to follow the npc to a room and he got stuck on the stairs and wouldn't move. I know it had freezing bugs for some people though. Skyrim did have a lot of glitches.

I like BL2 a lot more than anything I've played by Bethesda, but it is a bug ridden mess. How it got through certification is amazing. To say otherwise is just fanboy bs.
#28HakujooPosted 11/3/2012 4:04:04 PM
The whole concept of placing arbitrary ratings on, let's be honest here, a hobby is hokum. Hell, the "Gaming Journalist" concept is pure hokum. It's all purely subjective. For instance, IGN is barely capable to express how they love Halo 4 between orgasms, but that couldn't mean less to me. To me, it's just another Halo game, and they seem like just another FPS.

Again, it's all subjective... It's all opinion based, but the general disgust is always from genre or franchise fanboys hellbent on expressing how the reviewer is a moron, inbred, homosexual, or prone to be a willing participant of countless deviant acts. All dissenters are hopeless deviants!

Ugh... It's just some meaningless "us vs. them" debate. I remember reading "reviews" when I was younger. They only nudged the audience to playing a game, or avoiding it due to coding issues. Now it's all ratings based; the reviews themselves are up to review. Were they paid off? Does their background evaluating games directly result in the perceived elevated score?

Christ, BL2 was a good game, it had some issues, AC3 is fun but it's not as historically accurate as it has touted itself to be, and Halo 4... Well, I don't know because I wont bother playing it.

Also, define the characteristics of the GOTY title. That's something that's never fully described. Story? Graphics? Character development? Gameplay mechanics?

Come on people, it's all a slipshod gesture regardless.
#29BlackWizardMagusPosted 11/3/2012 4:10:19 PM
NV was way buggier than BL2. I've had nearly every mission bug out in one playthrough or another. I've clipped through an enormous number of walls, rocks, etc. I've had flags never trigger. Some perks don't work right (or didn't, originally; I played at launch). At least BL2's glitches are somewhat consistent, so we can all expect them.

And while I do hate putting a number to a game, I don't think reviews are "entirely subjective". There's some objectivity to it as well.
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#30GameplayZeroPosted 11/3/2012 4:16:51 PM
Hakujoo posted...
The whole concept of placing arbitrary ratings on, let's be honest here, a hobby is hokum. Hell, the "Gaming Journalist" concept is pure hokum. It's all purely subjective. For instance, IGN is barely capable to express how they love Halo 4 between orgasms, but that couldn't mean less to me. To me, it's just another Halo game, and they seem like just another FPS.

Again, it's all subjective... It's all opinion based, but the general disgust is always from genre or franchise fanboys hellbent on expressing how the reviewer is a moron, inbred, homosexual, or prone to be a willing participant of countless deviant acts. All dissenters are hopeless deviants!

Ugh... It's just some meaningless "us vs. them" debate. I remember reading "reviews" when I was younger. They only nudged the audience to playing a game, or avoiding it due to coding issues. Now it's all ratings based; the reviews themselves are up to review. Were they paid off? Does their background evaluating games directly result in the perceived elevated score?

Christ, BL2 was a good game, it had some issues, AC3 is fun but it's not as historically accurate as it has touted itself to be, and Halo 4... Well, I don't know because I wont bother playing it.

Also, define the characteristics of the GOTY title. That's something that's never fully described. Story? Graphics? Character development? Gameplay mechanics?

Come on people, it's all a slipshod gesture regardless.

This post deserve a POTY.