So GOTY come down to BL2 vs. Halo 4 vs. AC3

#41BlackWizardMagusPosted 11/3/2012 4:17:01 PM
Pensato posted...
BlackWizardMagus posted...
NV was way buggier than BL2. I've had nearly every mission bug out in one playthrough or another. I've clipped through an enormous number of walls, rocks, etc. I've had flags never trigger. Some perks don't work right (or didn't, originally; I played at launch). At least BL2's glitches are somewhat consistent, so we can all expect them.

I addressed the mission bugs in NV. It's nothing compared to the the major bugs in BL2. At launch BL2 had it's own mission bugs which have been patched. Clipping has to do with collision, padding, and matting code. It's not a bug, it's a glitch. But guess what. BL2 has that as well.

Bugs are logical errors in code. That means there's always a chance for the bug to happen when the conditions that lead to the error happens. It's no different from one piece of software to another. So saying BL2 glitches are somewhat consistent compared to any other game is derp. You always have to assume you can have the bug or glitch happen to you if it exists in the game. That doesn't mean it will happen though. I still have yet to get the reset bug in BL2 while tons of people have gotten the bug.

There is a difference between a bug and a glitch. You don't seem to understand that, or much about programming.

I absolutely do not. I was using the terms in the vernacular sense, meaning "a screw up". I still feel NV was more messed up, but I'm not going to bother arguing the point if you're doing to be an ass about it.
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#42PensatoPosted 11/3/2012 4:24:55 PM
Pensato posted...
NV was way buggier than BL2. I've had nearly every mission bug out in one playthrough or another. I've clipped through an enormous number of walls, rocks, etc. I've had flags never trigger. Some perks don't work right (or didn't, originally; I played at launch). At least BL2's glitches are somewhat consistent, so we can all expect them.

I addressed the mission bugs in NV. It's nothing compared to the the major bugs in BL2. At launch BL2 had it's own mission bugs which have been patched. Clipping has to do with collision, padding, and matting code. It's not a bug, it's a glitch. But guess what. BL2 has that as well.

Bugs are logical errors in code. That means there's always a chance for the bug to happen when the conditions that lead to the error happens. It's no different from one piece of software to another. So saying BL2 glitches are somewhat consistent compared to any other game is derp. You always have to assume you can have the bug or glitch happen to you if it exists in the game. That doesn't mean it will happen though. I still have yet to get the reset bug in BL2 while tons of people have gotten the bug.

There is a difference between a bug and a glitch. You don't seem to understand that, or much about programming.

I absolutely do not. I was using the terms in the vernacular sense, meaning "a screw up". I still feel NV was more messed up, but I'm not going to bother arguing the point if you're doing to be an ass about it.

I was calling you out. You don't really know what you're talking about. Having to resort to name calling just proves that. If you feel that NV was more buggy fine. It doesn't make it true, which is what you were trying to say. BL2 has some of the most game breaking bug's I've seen this gen. Gearbox also seems less interested in fixing bugs than other companies are. BL1 still has tons of bugs that should have been fixed.
#43snaggleooooPosted 11/3/2012 4:26:08 PM
Add Mass Effect 3 and Guild Wars 2 to the list and I think those will be the 5 games the win the vast majority of the GotY awards this year.
#44BlackWizardMagusPosted 11/3/2012 4:33:29 PM
Pensato posted...
Pensato posted...

I was calling you out. You don't really know what you're talking about. Having to resort to name calling just proves that. If you feel that NV was more buggy fine. It doesn't make it true, which is what you were trying to say. BL2 has some of the most game breaking bug's I've seen this gen. Gearbox also seems less interested in fixing bugs than other companies are. BL1 still has tons of bugs that should have been fixed.

Hey, I didn't resort to name calling, I merely used the correct word to describe a person who deliberately misrepresents what another person says and then tries to imply that they are stupid over some pedantic details that no one else cares about.
---
Magus
#45sonic_man00Posted 11/3/2012 4:38:41 PM
You guys are off.
Minecraft is my GOTY.
---
Thunder
#46PensatoPosted 11/3/2012 4:43:16 PM(edited)
Hey, I didn't resort to name calling, I merely used the correct word to describe a person who deliberately misrepresents what another person says and then tries to imply that they are stupid over some pedantic details that no one else cares about.

Spin it how you want, but you just defined name calling.

I didn't imply you were stupid. I stated you don't know what you're talking about when you stated NV has more bugs than BL2. Here's a quote of what you said.

NV was way buggier than BL2.

Nothing I said is a misrepresentation of what you stated. You also fallowed it with a bunch of your own misrepresentation in order to try and prove your point. Most of it was wrong and I pointed it out.

I never called you dumb. I have no problems coming out and calling someone dumb if I think they are.

If you're going to argue something, make sure you know wtf you're talking about next time.
#47BlackWizardMagusPosted 11/3/2012 4:54:26 PM
Pensato posted...

Spin it how you want, but you just defined name calling.

I didn't imply you were stupid. I stated you don't know what you're talking about when you stated NV has more bugs than BL2. Here's a quote of what you said.

NV was way buggier than BL2.

Nothing I said is a misrepresentation of what you stated. You also fallowed it with a bunch of your own misrepresentation in order to try and prove your point. Most of it was wrong and I pointed it out.

I never called you dumb. I have no problems coming out and calling someone dumb if I think they are.

If you're going to argue something, make sure you know wtf you're talking about next time.

No, you misrepresented other things I said; I never misrepresented what either of us said except to point out that you were being pedantic. And, see, there's a difference between discussing the technical differences between a bug and a glitch, and discussing "screw ups" in a game, let's call them. Most people don't know the technical difference. Most people don't care. No one else in this topic was specifically talking about bugs and NOT glitches. Then you come in and basically imply I should shut the hell up because I don't know this technical difference. You are being "that guy"; the one who complains that Jurassic Park was named after the wrong era or gets mad when people call the chancery an embassy. I opined that NV was buggier in the vernacular sense, meaning it has more problems; if most of those problems are technically glitches, I really don't care. No one does except programmers. And you, "that guy", the ass who can't keep from correcting people over irrelevant details and then acting condescending and arrogant because he knew said details. So, whatever man; NV had, for several months after release, way more screwups than this game, no matter how you classify each and every error.
---
Magus
#48OmgitsMarioPosted 11/3/2012 5:14:04 PM
I'd be shocked if Assassin's Creed 3 doesn't win it.
#49JCDenton76Posted 11/3/2012 5:20:24 PM
Dishonored for GOTY.Great game,new IP.
#50dean407Posted 11/3/2012 5:21:12 PM
Bethesda games are almost always nearly broken on release. there were more problems in Skyrim related purely to horses (apparently they can fly? did we accidentally breed that out?) than borderlands seems to have total. and i dare you to tell anyone that bought the PS3 version of a Bethesda game that borderlands has more problems. they'll laugh. and then set your house on fire.

I love Bethesda and most of their games but there is a very real reason I still have not bought Skyrim yet, until most of the DLC gets released there are going to be serious glitches that I would rather not deal with.

also, no one really differentiates between bugs and glitches, the terms are used almost completely interchangeably by nearly everyone I know that plays games. things can be "bugged" and they can also be "glitched" basically the same thing.