Jack was really not that bad

#11Aadrian1234Posted 11/4/2012 11:58:57 AM
He hired bandits to kill his grandmother, then set you up to kill the bandits because he said he didn't want anything bad to happen to her, then told you that he was happy because he didn't have to pay the bandits now

And he gouged the eyes out of a father with a spoon, with his 2 young kids and wife watching while jack just laughed

Yeah, Jack's an a-hole
---
PSN/GT-Aadrianseth ; Current Status: Addicted to Borderlands 2
#12Pirateking2000Posted 11/4/2012 12:12:04 PM(edited)
Hmm lets see the Jack stuff

SPOILERS AHOY

Pros:

+ Most likely really cared for his daughter granted he still used her
+ Errmm...Probably killed some bad psychopaths most likely? Sure lets put that
+ Umm...Double Rainbow
+ Stuff

Cons

+ Loves taking out anyone he doesn't like I guess the only sub pro I can see here is he saw himself as a hero who slaughtered psychopaths and cannibals etc on Pandora. Partially right but he also slaughtered a ton of innocent people, well had his soldiers / mechs do it

+ Hires said psychopaths / bandits he sets out to kill to murder his own grandmother, granted the grandmother might have been as much of a jerk still though yeah hired bandits to kill his grandma

+ Enslaved his own daughter and used her to gain power

+ Doesn't care about the experimentation on innocent people (again probably just sees them as bandits or just doesn't care)

+ Lots of other bad stuff he does throughout the game / other stuff mentioned seemingly enjoying most of it up until you deal with his daughter at which point he gets serious / more serious

So yeah Jack was a dick and a high tier troll, not Hazama level trolling and evil but pretty high
---
XBL GT: Demon Ninja X2
"There comes a time in every man's or woman's life where they have to make **** up to cover their ass." - Hazama
#13PanopictonguyPosted 11/4/2012 12:22:34 PM
My question is...what drove jack off the deep end? He couldn't have always been like that and been able to come into power. He is literally a homicidal lunatic who derives pleasure and joy from the suffering of others while at the same being delusional about his whole role in everything (i.e. a hero).

There's no way he could have had a child and reached the point he did in life.

was it ever said if the sheriff of lynchwood was angel's mother?
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#14Orange_ApplePosted 11/4/2012 12:24:57 PM

Pretty sure she is not.
---
Without Orange, Apple's stock will have a vitamin C deficiency.- Neeky
#15Orange_ApplePosted 11/4/2012 12:26:25 PM
Lol, seriously...TC I can't tell if you're trolling or you're just really, really stupid. And for this particular topic, and the ideas that you've shared, I'm not sure what's worse.

I think you're taking things a little too serious here...
---
Yes but GT accurately portrays a driving experience as does BF a real battlefield. -seh6183
#16E NicePosted 11/4/2012 12:28:57 PM(edited)
If you listen to the announcements in Opportunity he also orders the executions of city workers who take more than fifteen minutes of break time or something. Opportunity also sounded like a North Korean police state where he has statues and history murals for idol worshipping and anything said negatively about him is considered verbal littering and punishable by law.
---
ive been eating soup drenched pizza for no reason? - Otaku84 returns
#17LeTHaL_PiRaTePosted 11/4/2012 12:28:55 PM
Jack was doing Pandora a service. He saw the Vault Hunters and bandits as the same thing. In a sense they were, pillaging treasure hunters. They were trying to take the treasure they he thought he found and everyone else was just a moocher.

If Pandora ended up a great metropolis such as opportunity he would have been called a great leader by most. I've always felt that the ends justified the means, whether that's killing millions to achieve those goals or not.

Then again I honestly don't put much merit or value on life in general. I see people in a certain way, lying conniving organisms that are just trying to claw their way to the top.
---
GT: LeTHaL PiRaTe
God is like Santa Claus for adults.
#18DocOdinePosted 11/4/2012 12:29:54 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
My question is...what drove jack off the deep end? He couldn't have always been like that and been able to come into power. He is literally a homicidal lunatic who derives pleasure and joy from the suffering of others while at the same being delusional about his whole role in everything (i.e. a hero).

There's no way he could have had a child and reached the point he did in life.

considering she's dead, probably not
---
There is one big difference between Call of Duty and Skyrim. Call of Duty adds content each game while Bethesda takes away. -MC2011
#19MoxRavagerPosted 11/4/2012 12:34:07 PM(edited)
LeTHaL_PiRaTe posted...
Jack was doing Pandora a service. He saw the Vault Hunters and bandits as the same thing. In a sense they were, pillaging treasure hunters. They were trying to take the treasure they he thought he found and everyone else was just a moocher.

If Pandora ended up a great metropolis such as opportunity he would have been called a great leader by most. I've always felt that the ends justified the means, whether that's killing millions to achieve those goals or not.

Then again I honestly don't put much merit or value on life in general. I see people in a certain way, lying conniving organisms that are just trying to claw their way to the top.

He would kill people by shove people in grinders for swearing ON A GOOD DAY! It's got a nice Utopia coating but is rotten and s*** beyond that.
---
Please do not post a picture of your fecal matter. ~AverageAverage
#20littlecletusPosted 11/4/2012 12:33:59 PM
The thing that bothers me about Jack is he is such a big talker and then when you actually fight him, he is a punk.
---
Havin' a tea Partay drinkin' mah Teeea!