Jack was really not that bad

#31retep_onePosted 11/4/2012 1:18:40 PM
grea bad guy but come on. how the heck was he not that bad. lets say he didnt really do anything except to enslave his daughter. thats kinda cruel
you got to listen to the audio logs too. and the radio announcements or something. guy was undeniably crazy and evil
---
PSN: spectre0415
currently playing: tekken tag tournament 2, borderlands 2, nba 2k13, resident evil 6, skyrim
#32Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 11/4/2012 1:25:14 PM
LeTHaL_PiRaTe posted...
baron1232 posted...
Sure, he wanted to make Pandora "a better place".. but who's to say he would stop at Pandora. I think Jack would have gotten so power hungry he would branch out to other planets and try and make then "a better place" just like Pandora. He would have the ultimate weapon at his fingertips with no one to stop his reign.

Who says that's a bad thing? A galaxy united under one code of ethics and laws. A chance to grow collectively sounds lovely. Who cares about individual freedom and objections when you're on par with a god in terms of power.

Besides he seems pretty logical in "most" of his decisions so that's always a plus

Yes because everyone wants to live under a the iron fist of Jack, or die if they choose not to. So I would say it was a bad thing, granted I am more of liberty and freedom, and not some dictatorship.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#33KarnRX78Posted 11/4/2012 1:47:06 PM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
LeTHaL_PiRaTe posted...
baron1232 posted...
Sure, he wanted to make Pandora "a better place".. but who's to say he would stop at Pandora. I think Jack would have gotten so power hungry he would branch out to other planets and try and make then "a better place" just like Pandora. He would have the ultimate weapon at his fingertips with no one to stop his reign.

Who says that's a bad thing? A galaxy united under one code of ethics and laws. A chance to grow collectively sounds lovely. Who cares about individual freedom and objections when you're on par with a god in terms of power.

Besides he seems pretty logical in "most" of his decisions so that's always a plus

Yes because everyone wants to live under a the iron fist of Jack, or die if they choose not to. So I would say it was a bad thing, granted I am more of liberty and freedom, and not some dictatorship.

Give me liberty or give me death. I'd rather die 1000 deaths than live under Jack's "Utopia". Utopian ideas always turn into hell.
#34Meta_BitPosted 11/4/2012 2:00:37 PM
skiguy1981 posted...
But he did want a peaceful Pandora and I know for sure I wouldn't want to live in Pandora the way it is now, It could have been better if Jack got his way, and 25 years after the events who knows what Pandora could have been.

What? No, he didn't want a peaceful Pandora. You must have entirely missed the Opportunity area. He wanted to rule and subjugate people.
---
---
#35sortajanPosted 11/4/2012 2:10:39 PM
all i can say is i'm glad none of you will ever have any measure of political influence
#36DesertZeroPosted 11/4/2012 2:16:51 PM
Just about every person in this game is a terrible person. There are no heroes.
#37sortajanPosted 11/4/2012 2:20:20 PM
DesertZero posted...

roland. didn't like him, but he was a pretty typical good guy.
#38PensatoPosted 11/4/2012 2:25:09 PM
sortajan posted...
all i can say is i'm glad none of you will ever have any measure of political influence
#39DesertZeroPosted 11/4/2012 2:27:05 PM
sortajan posted...
DesertZero posted...

roland. didn't like him, but he was a pretty typical good guy.

I agree. Unfortunately, we'll never know what his plans for the Warrior really were. We know he wanted to control it, but it seemed to me like nice guy Roland was going to let Lilith have her way and just have the Warrior murder everyone associated with Hyperion.
#40skiguy1981(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 2:28:00 PM
DesertZero posted...

this is true,
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln