Jack was really not that bad

#61skiguy1981(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 11:35:15 AM
Smackdowner1 posted...
Jack's no worse than anyone else on Pandora.

including the Vault hunters
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#62drake_skullPosted 11/5/2012 11:43:35 AM
If it werent for Jacks manipulation(according to BL2 as Angel was a forced agent of Jack controlling things from behind the scenes) there probably wouldnt have been vault hunters to begin with. Jack lured the new crop of Vault Hunters to Pandora to manipulate them into helping get rid of the vault hunters from the previous game and crush the resistance(who did not wish to live under a dictatorship). Jacks various Echos and interactions the character has with him show how evil he really is.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#63Smackdowner1Posted 11/5/2012 11:47:26 AM
skiguy1981 posted...
Smackdowner1 posted...
Jack's no worse than anyone else on Pandora.

including the Vault hunters

The vault hunters are the worst since they do everybody's dirty work.
---
''Belligerence'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2012
#64E NicePosted 11/5/2012 2:46:43 PM
Not all the vault hunters have the same standards, as the interaction between Roland and Brick show. No vault hunter had grandious schemes of conquering an entire world to rule ala Jack.
---
ive been eating soup drenched pizza for no reason? - Otaku84 returns
#65Curved_Sw0rdPosted 11/5/2012 2:50:41 PM
Bloodwing

Need I say more?!
---
Reminds me of a slightly more SFW version /B/ - The_Viking_Swan on CE
#66Bumble_Posted 11/5/2012 3:29:09 PM
Always irritates me... When people are trying to "understand" an *******. Should have been clear to everyone in about less than 5 minutes into the game, that what we have here is just another colossal jerk, that is already long overdue from his mandatory appointment of being removed from existence.

His former boss in Hyperion said it pretty well, when he described him as something along the lines of: Hideous, pathetic nobody. Hiding behind his mask and computer screens. Great character as game's main antagonist tho. As this type of person is pretty damn aggravating. And unless you are completely insane, you really, really want to kill him :).

Also it is fairly sure bet Jack intended to use the Warrior to conquer other worlds too. Wouldn't really make sense to make all those grand plans, just to rule over some backwater planet, which aside from vault or two and now Eridium really doesn't have that much to offer on the long run. But then, it's also fairly obvious you can add insanity to his list of failings, so who knows, I guess :).

Still, in the end, it was just downright moronic plan anyway. Not much of an super-weapon when just few people (Let's say 4 as it's most likely to be canon) managed to take it down with just using conventional weaponry.
#67brunbbmercPosted 11/5/2012 3:37:24 PM
remember when your guys wiped out a group of people (ie committed genocide) because someone else thought it would be fun for you to do
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
#68skiguy1981(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 3:52:16 PM
My vault hunter has killed over 10k people how is that not as bad or worse then what Jack has done? Is it because the vault hunter is not as smart as jack? that he couldn't get someone else to do his dirty work? What do you think he would have done with the Warrior if he didn't kill it?
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln