ways to exploit Golden Keys?

#1PillsberyDoeManPosted 11/4/2012 4:48:41 PM
i was checking out some ways to take advantage of these golden keys, but to my dismay, i heard that the latest patched fixed this exploit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdUrYfFDvDw

any other ways people know of? i was wondering. if i create another profile, that account will have a golden key attached to it right? so if i use the key on that account, switch back to my regular account and load up b2, would i still have a key there?
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#2Adzy2005Posted 11/4/2012 4:55:13 PM
Or you could you know, wait for more codes from gearbox, seriosuly what is with all the glitchers and exploiters in this game..... its pathetic
---
"Tell me you brought the ****ing golf shoes!" - Raoul Duke
PSN: mrbungle50221
#3PillsberyDoeMan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 5:05:29 PM
yea your right, it's just a game. forget what i said.

LOL?
---
#4Spatch0Posted 11/4/2012 5:05:43 PM
Has anyone gotten anything amazing from the golden keys/chest?
I've had tons of keys and haven't gotten anything I've used for more than a test fire and then sold.

I've had much better luck getting good gear by grinding/farming and by trading with friends and the community here. Tons of people are willing to trade or give others good loot; it just seems the golden chest is better in thought than in practice.
#5Assassin_X_GethPosted 11/4/2012 5:13:38 PM
Does this mean the glitch of putting your profile on a USb drive, then removing in game to use keys forever doesn't work anymore?

If so its not the end of the world because the purple weapons are kinda crappy.
---
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.
#6jonsushiPosted 11/4/2012 5:14:34 PM
Spatch0 posted...

Neither my friend nor myself have gotten anything even just "great." And that's counting playing together and solo'ing. It's kinda disappointing really. I can see why people wanna exploit it.

---
Playing: Borderlands 2(PS3) (Amazing!), Mark of the Ninja (Also Amazing!), X-COM EU (360)
Wants: Halo 4, Dishonored, HL3
#7PillsberyDoeMan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 5:16:59 PM
psh.. i still haven't used my one key. i was waiting till i hit 50, but it's only now i'm hearing about ways to trick the system and use it more than once.
---
#8gerftyPosted 11/4/2012 5:19:29 PM
i got a few ok guns from it. i was jealous of a guy who got a shotgun that fired a blue orb that shot out grenades? it was pretty cool. i dont know how practical it was.
#9mastercheeze313Posted 11/4/2012 5:20:08 PM
I hate people like this. "Gives meh keys so i can get powerful gunz to make mehs teh pwnzor!!!" Games are becoming repetitive because people want all the awesome stuff right at the beginning. Gearbox's nice gift is being abused by people who are all like "GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE" instead of "Thanks Gearbox, you guys rock!" Can you see EA, Activision, or CAPCOM doing something like this? Be thankful Gearbox is doing this and don't abuse it.
---
Say not in grief "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was.
#10SolidStryderPosted 11/4/2012 5:24:48 PM
Spatch0 posted...
I've had tons of keys and haven't gotten anything I've used for more than a test fire and then sold.

I've had much better luck getting good gear by grinding/farming and by trading with friends and the community here. Tons of people are willing to trade or give others good loot; it just seems the golden chest is better in thought than in practice.

Not particularly, other than 2 70/30 tediore relics. It was awesome pre-50 though, got quite a few nice items I used for a while.