Honest Duping Discussion

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Honest Duping Discussion
4 years ago#1
Hey guys, please don't take this the wrong way if you regularly dupe. Try to hear me out before you comment. Thanks.

So I just recently hit Level 50 and started regularly farming some of the notable bosses for my favorite Legendaries. Eventually I learned of the so-called "duping" method and I looked into it a little more. I was crestfallen to learn that people were getting entire inventories full of Legendary loot... Just by clicking a few buttons and dashboarding, etc.

Some people say that duping isn't ruining your gaming experience if you're not doing it or you just play invite-only. But my issue with duplicating guns is more complex than that. It saddens me that I work so hard to get honest Orange-grade guns, but in the end there is no way to prove that I got them myself. So, effectively... I might as well just hop on board and dupe just like everyone else.

Let me know your thoughts on the matter. Again, please don't hate me for my play-style. This is a game and I hope to have a conduct-worthy discussion about a certain aspect of said game.

Cheers.
4 years ago#2
If everyone was jumping off the bridge would you?
It puts the lotion on it's skin.
4 years ago#3
Iíve duped for people, but never have I gotten a duped Item myself....
Video Game Challenges:
Treat Everyday as your last because tomorrow may never come.
4 years ago#4
2Love4Life posted...

Really? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638784-borderlands-2/64562722
It puts the lotion on it's skin.
4 years ago#5
wasn't planning to reply to this.... but just curious, who the hell cares if your items are legit or not? what is there to prove?

but speaking of duping, i don't have xbl, and my luck with legendaries is just terrible. played 3 differ chars up to level 50 and i've only seen 2 legendary drops so i just stick with purps and i do just fine.
4 years ago#6
RUNwhenCOPScome posted...
2Love4Life posted...

^ cool story Hey, doesnít mean i went into it.
Video Game Challenges:
4 years ago#7
2Love4Life posted...

Sounds like the case of "no officer thats not my drugs Im holding it for a friend"
4 years ago#8
Saturnine9 posted...
Hey guys, please don't take this the wrong way if you regularly dupe. Try to hear me out before you comment. Thanks.

So I just recently hit Level 50 and started regularly farming some of the notable bosses for my favorite Legendaries. Eventually I learned of the so-called "duping" method and I looked into it a little more. I was crestfallen to learn that people were getting entire inventories full of Legendary loot... Just by clicking a few buttons and dashboarding, etc.

Some people say that duping isn't ruining your gaming experience if you're not doing it or you just play invite-only. But my issue with duplicating guns is more complex than that. It saddens me that I work so hard to get honest Orange-grade guns, but in the end there is no way to prove that I got them myself. So, effectively... I might as well just hop on board and dupe just like everyone else.

Let me know your thoughts on the matter. Again, please don't hate me for my play-style. This is a game and I hope to have a conduct-worthy discussion about a certain aspect of said game.

Cheers.

If that's your style of play, then that's your style of play. Who cares what someone else thinks about it? I dupe, and have been duped to and could care less what others think of it on here.

Play how you enjoy the game, doesn't matter what someone else thinks of it.
4 years ago#9
This is what I say in all these threads TC: firstly, I have two level 50 characters , a level 30-something an 3 level 12-14's. i played a sniper zero an beat Terramourphous without a Bee or Conferance Call before I ever duped an item.

Before other people gave me guns I got my own lvl 48--Sham, Bee an Badaboom, and a lvl 50 non-elemental conference call with almost no effort. Not only do others have to spend dozens of attempts per boss to get these items, but they had sub-par stats because I pretty much play solo.

Farmin is just pressing "save/reload" and melting a boss. It's not fun. Re-starting a secon Gaige to level back to 50 with a different tree or nee guns is fun. The legendaries are a bonus on end-game characters for when I get bored, not a real objective for me.

Plus the level cap is going to increase. I might farm at whatever the final cap is. But for now I'll just ness around with those OP guns, they aren't even fun.
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
4 years ago#10
Rygon1981 posted...
2Love4Life posted...

Sounds like the case of "no officer thats not my drugs Im holding it for a friend"

Oh well, sounds like I canít ask if he has any level 20 items
Video Game Challenges:
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Honest Duping Discussion

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived