Honest Duping Discussion

#1Saturnine9Posted 11/8/2012 12:37:19 AM
Hey guys, please don't take this the wrong way if you regularly dupe. Try to hear me out before you comment. Thanks.

So I just recently hit Level 50 and started regularly farming some of the notable bosses for my favorite Legendaries. Eventually I learned of the so-called "duping" method and I looked into it a little more. I was crestfallen to learn that people were getting entire inventories full of Legendary loot... Just by clicking a few buttons and dashboarding, etc.

Some people say that duping isn't ruining your gaming experience if you're not doing it or you just play invite-only. But my issue with duplicating guns is more complex than that. It saddens me that I work so hard to get honest Orange-grade guns, but in the end there is no way to prove that I got them myself. So, effectively... I might as well just hop on board and dupe just like everyone else.

Let me know your thoughts on the matter. Again, please don't hate me for my play-style. This is a game and I hope to have a conduct-worthy discussion about a certain aspect of said game.

Cheers.
#2RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 11/8/2012 12:39:44 AM
If everyone was jumping off the bridge would you?
---
It puts the lotion on it's skin.
#32Love4LifePosted 11/8/2012 12:42:57 AM
Iíve duped for people, but never have I gotten a duped Item myself....
---
Video Game Challenges:
Treat Everyday as your last because tomorrow may never come.
#4RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 11/8/2012 12:43:49 AM
2Love4Life posted...

Really? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638784-borderlands-2/64562722
---
It puts the lotion on it's skin.
#5ashng88Posted 11/8/2012 12:48:52 AM
wasn't planning to reply to this.... but just curious, who the hell cares if your items are legit or not? what is there to prove?

but speaking of duping, i don't have xbl, and my luck with legendaries is just terrible. played 3 differ chars up to level 50 and i've only seen 2 legendary drops so i just stick with purps and i do just fine.
#62Love4LifePosted 11/8/2012 12:54:35 AM
RUNwhenCOPScome posted...
2Love4Life posted...

^ cool story Hey, doesnít mean i went into it.
---
Video Game Challenges:
#7Rygon1981Posted 11/8/2012 12:58:38 AM
2Love4Life posted...

Sounds like the case of "no officer thats not my drugs Im holding it for a friend"
#8Gemini_RedPosted 11/8/2012 12:59:44 AM
Saturnine9 posted...
Hey guys, please don't take this the wrong way if you regularly dupe. Try to hear me out before you comment. Thanks.

So I just recently hit Level 50 and started regularly farming some of the notable bosses for my favorite Legendaries. Eventually I learned of the so-called "duping" method and I looked into it a little more. I was crestfallen to learn that people were getting entire inventories full of Legendary loot... Just by clicking a few buttons and dashboarding, etc.

Some people say that duping isn't ruining your gaming experience if you're not doing it or you just play invite-only. But my issue with duplicating guns is more complex than that. It saddens me that I work so hard to get honest Orange-grade guns, but in the end there is no way to prove that I got them myself. So, effectively... I might as well just hop on board and dupe just like everyone else.

Let me know your thoughts on the matter. Again, please don't hate me for my play-style. This is a game and I hope to have a conduct-worthy discussion about a certain aspect of said game.

Cheers.

If that's your style of play, then that's your style of play. Who cares what someone else thinks about it? I dupe, and have been duped to and could care less what others think of it on here.

Play how you enjoy the game, doesn't matter what someone else thinks of it.
#9ICantNameGudPosted 11/8/2012 12:59:45 AM
This is what I say in all these threads TC: firstly, I have two level 50 characters , a level 30-something an 3 level 12-14's. i played a sniper zero an beat Terramourphous without a Bee or Conferance Call before I ever duped an item.

Before other people gave me guns I got my own lvl 48--Sham, Bee an Badaboom, and a lvl 50 non-elemental conference call with almost no effort. Not only do others have to spend dozens of attempts per boss to get these items, but they had sub-par stats because I pretty much play solo.

Farmin is just pressing "save/reload" and melting a boss. It's not fun. Re-starting a secon Gaige to level back to 50 with a different tree or nee guns is fun. The legendaries are a bonus on end-game characters for when I get bored, not a real objective for me.

Plus the level cap is going to increase. I might farm at whatever the final cap is. But for now I'll just ness around with those OP guns, they aren't even fun.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#102Love4LifePosted 11/8/2012 1:00:36 AM
Rygon1981 posted...
2Love4Life posted...

Sounds like the case of "no officer thats not my drugs Im holding it for a friend"

Oh well, sounds like I canít ask if he has any level 20 items
---
Video Game Challenges: