Goddammit. You guys won't believe this.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Goddammit. You guys won't believe this.

User Info: Corspegrinder28

Corspegrinder28
4 years ago#1
Long story short, I had some people at my house a couple of hours ago, and some dude that came with a friend jacked my copy of BL2. I find out the guy's name and confronted him at his house... as I was talking to the guy about my ****, I look over his shoulder and sure enough, it's playing on his TV. I told him that people saw him take it, and I just wanted my game. This dick whips out his phone and calls the cops on me. No lie, I was calm, no cursing, nothing. So, as I'm getting into my truck to leave, they pull up.

30 minutes, a background check, and 250 questions later, I'm driving away, but I KNOW this dude has my game. WTF should I do? He called the cops on me, FFS. How do I get my game back? The cop did nothing due to "lack of evidence". BS is what it is.
Legion of Doom: Professor Chaos/LIVE: Corpsegrinder80
Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time.

User Info: Dagoth_Wit

Dagoth_Wit
4 years ago#2
Wow, man. That really sucks, but like the cops said, lack of evidence. Neither one of you can prove who the game belongs to. I'd say kick his ass, but he's clearly a ***** since he already called the cops on you once. I know what you're going through and I feel for you.
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.

User Info: RUNwhenCOPScome

RUNwhenCOPScome
4 years ago#3
Got the receipt? If not, wait 5 or 10 years then molotav cocktail his house. You know you can't just do it right away.
It puts the lotion on it's skin.

User Info: Corspegrinder28

Corspegrinder28
4 years ago#4
Yeah, I have the receipt in my wallet still, because I bought a Google Nexus tablet for my wife and another game when I picked up my copy the day after launch. Will this affect anything? I mean, obviously the douche won't give up my game.
Legion of Doom: Professor Chaos/LIVE: Corpsegrinder80
Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time.

User Info: 2Love4Life

2Love4Life
4 years ago#5
Sadly there is no way to Prove that its your disc ( Recpit is proof of purchase, but doesn’t mean that the copy in said persons house is yours ). Its lame I know, I hope you get your game back.
Video Game Challenges:
Treat Everyday as your last because tomorrow may never come.

User Info: EliteHydroponix

EliteHydroponix
4 years ago#6
I totally wish I could cuss on this forum....I would have the biggest rant to go on right now but it wouldn't be the same without some profanity..
I farted once on the set of Blue Lagoon.

User Info: puppy

puppy
4 years ago#7
Present your receipt to the cops, and ask for him to present his. That's all I can think of.
You look under puppy's message.
You find a potion!

User Info: Derailer

Derailer
4 years ago#8
puppy posted...
Present your receipt to the cops, and ask for him to present his. That's all I can think of.

Agreed.

TC, where'd you buy your copy? Could be covered by a game guarantee or something and just get a new one.
Hail his name, master of humanity.

User Info: aznghostbuster

aznghostbuster
4 years ago#9
This is why I don't play with randoms... But in all seriousness, I feel for you bro. That guy's a bona fide douchebag.
"If there's grass on the field, have sex with it." -Confucius
GT- TheLoveFister
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Goddammit. You guys won't believe this.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived