Goddammit. You guys won't believe this.

#111ziggsvo1Posted 11/12/2012 10:39:52 PM
You said you had witnesses that saw him take it. no more evidence needed?
#112Purps1024Posted 11/12/2012 11:31:00 PM
/\ Agreed.

You could just go over there with a group of people and jack your game back.

Another idea is to have one of your friends that knows him get the game back for you via sneaky methods.
---
Yes.
#113Corspegrinder28(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:01:44 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Corspegrinder28 posted...
Long story short, I had some people at my house a couple of hours ago, and some dude that came with a friend jacked my copy of BL2. I find out the guy's name and confronted him at his house... as I was talking to the guy about my ****, I look over his shoulder and sure enough, it's playing on his TV. I told him that people saw him take it, and I just wanted my game. This dick whips out his phone and calls the cops on me. No lie, I was calm, no cursing, nothing. So, as I'm getting into my truck to leave, they pull up.

30 minutes, a background check, and 250 questions later, I'm driving away, but I KNOW this dude has my game. WTF should I do? He called the cops on me, FFS. How do I get my game back? The cop did nothing due to "lack of evidence". BS is what it is.

terrible story, bro. Would it reaffirm your faith in humanity if I gave you a 3 month code?

That would be great, actually cause my Lives about to run out too.
---
Legion of Doom: Professor Chaos/LIVE: Corpsegrinder80
Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time.
#114Corspegrinder28(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:07:30 AM
And for the record guys, I'm not making it up. I mean, I expected that from at least a few of you, but come on. Do I REALLY have to pic the receipt and show it?
---
#1153CDEDPosted 11/13/2012 10:12:55 AM
heres a little something for you.

the barcode on the back of the case has an ID code you can match this with the receipt and also the stores records

it only corresponds to that copy of the game. i find this out trying to return a second copy of bulletstorm i got for christmas. my parents picked up the wrong copy and when they tried to return it the guy at the store was like "but this isn't the right disc the ID code is different"
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7816538416_df717aec0a_b.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2IWxqvsSY8
#116Kpt_KapowskiPosted 11/13/2012 10:47:30 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Long story short, I had some people at my house a couple of hours ago, and some dude that came with a friend jacked my copy of BL2. I find out the guy's name and confronted him at his house... as I was talking to the guy about my ****, I look over his shoulder and sure enough, it's playing on his TV. I told him that people saw him take it, and I just wanted my game. This dick whips out his phone and calls the cops on me. No lie, I was calm, no cursing, nothing. So, as I'm getting into my truck to leave, they pull up.

30 minutes, a background check, and 250 questions later, I'm driving away, but I KNOW this dude has my game. WTF should I do? He called the cops on me, FFS. How do I get my game back? The cop did nothing due to "lack of evidence". BS is what it is.

terrible story, bro. Would it reaffirm your faith in humanity if I gave you a 3 month code?

That would be great, actually cause my Lives about to run out too.

But you didn't answer my question. In your mind, would my generosity balance out the general douchiness of this other person?
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 6-3
#117Corspegrinder28(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:50:17 AM
In this particular case, yes, it would I guess.
---
#118Kpt_KapowskiPosted 11/13/2012 10:58:49 AM
In this particular case, yes, it would I guess.

good. pm incoming.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 6-3
#119BahamutBBobPosted 11/13/2012 11:08:07 AM
Something similar happened to me once. I had to work on Memorial Day, my sister had a graduation/MD party at our house. I get home, most of the people at the party were gone. SO was my mint edition copy of FF7. (greatest hits, still a good $60 at the time, I ever wanted to sell it)

I was pretty pissed, but there was no way to know who stole it, and my sister is a ***** so there's no way she was going to pay for/replace it.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#120Corspegrinder28(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 11:45:45 AM
Kpt_Kapowski, I sure do appreciate that, dude. Seriously, that meant a lot. Money is tight these days, and that helped a bunch. Be sure to send me a FR on XBL, sir.

Still sucks that my game is gone, but like a previous poster mentioned earlier, I can probably catch it on Black Friday for cheap. I honestly appreciate the kind posts you guys left. There is still some honor in these parts, it seems.
---