Goddammit. You guys won't believe this.

#71Adzy2005Posted 11/12/2012 2:47:06 PM
If the cops say there isn't enough evidence to prove he stole the game, then you can firebomb his house and there won't be enough evidence to prove you did it.

Burn that ****er's house to the ground.
---
"Tell me you brought the ****ing golf shoes!" - Raoul Duke
PSN: mr_bungle50221
#72Corspegrinder28(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 2:54:36 PM
I don't want to kill the guy or endanger his family or any crazy **** like that. I have 2 kids and a wife myself, and I refuse to put them in any kind of risk, ya know? I mean yeah, I could get all Charles Bronson and ****, but that would leave them with no means of income or support.

I just want my game back. Period. I barely even get to buy new games anymore (kids, school events, bills etc.) and when I do it's kind of a mini-celebration for me. I managed to get all the winter AAA titles this year, and lo and behold, one goes missing. But mark my words, if I do manage to get it back from him, bet your ass that I'm gonna slap the **** out of him just one good time. Just out of principle.
---
Legion of Doom: Professor Chaos/LIVE: Corpsegrinder80
Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time.
#73DyinglegacyPosted 11/12/2012 3:06:04 PM
That sucks, dude. Hate to hear that. When you slap him, film it for us and post on here so we can get some justice too!
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
"Be polite to others, and do not act in a way that you would not act in person."
#74mattman0101Posted 11/12/2012 3:11:41 PM
I'd get your friend involved (the one who brought over the idiot thief) try your hardest on getting the game back, but seriously if you don't want to get the cops involved or invest time into getting it back you may just want to fork over another $50 and buy it again.
---
Tell me what I want or I'll blast your virtual ass into actual dust!
Currently playing: Halo 4
#75StoriedFobPosted 11/12/2012 3:13:40 PM
Dyinglegacy posted...
That sucks, dude. Hate to hear that. When you slap him, film it for us and post on here so we can get some justice too!

Great idea! Only, it would probably be used against him to bring up assault charges as that is viable evidence.
---
"I heard an itchy sphincter was supposed to bring you good luck"
GT: StoriedFob
#76DyinglegacyPosted 11/12/2012 3:19:54 PM
It can be quite upsetting when someone steals from you, and you KNOW they stole the item. I had a dude steal something from me one time, and I actually had my name wrote on the item. When I accused him, I could see the smudge on the item where he had tried to rub my name off. More recently, my neighbor tried to take over our (my wife and I) garbage can, and they had marked over our apt. number and put their apt. number on top of the can. lol, I mean really?
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
"Be polite to others, and do not act in a way that you would not act in person."
#77dragonkyn20Posted 11/12/2012 3:20:19 PM
Cyrusdarkfur posted...
Did the thief take the whole gamebox or just the disc?
If he took the whole thing you can match the number on the back of the box under the barcode to your reciept and prove theft, if he only took the disc your pretty much screwed and should and go the route of making sure everyone else in your neighborhood knows they are bad news.

This right here. Save your receipt, call on the friends who saw the whole thing at your party, and approach the police. Lack of evidence, my ass. Eye-witness testimony cannot be discounted as lack of evidence.
---
PSN and gamertag: dragonkyn20
I love it so much, it's now my universal alias.
#78Pawkie07Posted 11/12/2012 3:42:36 PM(edited)
time to go justice on his ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im3nHmi2rWQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1m15s
(minor DA2 spoiler - one of anders quests)
#79ValedictorianXDPosted 11/12/2012 4:01:10 PM(edited)
Typically, I show up here or some other place to just troll and piss people off. Typically, I'm a real dbag in how I compose myself online. That being said, if there is anything I have learned from being an online dbag is that it has its benefits.

Take this thief for example:

It would be an awful shame for him if his personal information started getting passed around online, right? People just start calling him out of the blue, posting on his facebook wall, contacting his employers, etc. I mean, his information is already out there in the public domain in one form or another. This is just a matter of giving us his name and letting the pieces fall into place as his horrible crime against gamers starts to eat at him until, eventually, he is forced to relinquish his ill-gotten goods. I mean, is 60$ worth it if you are going to have to keep changing your number to avoid callers?

The internet is a powerful tool...so use it wisely.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Addendum:
Oh, and just a thought: If you have any law student friends (or lawyer friends), you might consider putting them to good use to draft up some bogus civil lawsuit on this kid. Chances are, he isn't smart (he was caught by you, after all) and he will gladly give you your game if it means he doesn't have to face some crazy court battle.

The main thing you want to get across to him is this: He deprived you of your property. If he feels the need to keep your $60 game, he is really going to have to fight to keep said game. Make him believe that he is much better off giving you the game than he is putting up with bull**** you have in store for him. Just my 2 cents.
#80ChancreScolexPosted 11/12/2012 4:17:40 PM
Creep to his house late at night and put epoxy glue in all of his locks and car doors. That should be more than 60 bucks to replace.

This is so going to get modded.