Wow @ TVHM

#1PrezzyOxidePosted 11/8/2012 4:02:53 AM
Hey guys. So I just recently moved out with the better half which has prevented me from playing much, plus I haven't sorted the internet out for the new place yet, so the rare chance I get on the 360, I am limited to playing offline. I had the game since release and I still am yet to get to level 50 on a single character. I had some time last night to finish off the main story and start TVHM. Bear in mind that I have no internet just yet and never played online much to start with, so I have no duped weapons etc. I must say, I was struggling massively. I beat Captain Flynt after dying about 9 times, and even that included being a super n00b and not jumping down the ledge to kill him. Playing as a level 37 Zer0. I was just wondering if anyone else who has been forced to play solo for whatever reason found it this difficult too. As I recall, my Mordy and Roland characters on BL1 didn't struggle this much on PT2. I must say, I am nowhere near bored or frustrated with this game, just wondering if I am being stupid even attempting TVHM solo.

Thanks in advance for any answers/help. Hoping to be online again soon, as I don't think I'm cut out for solo TVHM.
---
GT: Prezzee PSN: -Prezzy
Playing: Dragon's Dogma, SR3, Skyrim, MGS HD Collection, Battlefield 3, Borderlands, WO3, PSU, Borderlands 2.
#2RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 11/8/2012 4:06:29 AM
Dude, don't take any dupes it will ruin the game. BL1 was the BEST game ever then my buddy down the street got a bunch of hacked weapons/shields and it ruined the game for us. So far I've been playing BL2 legit and it is a challenge but it is fun. For example my buddy killed the final boss on the 2nd playthrough in just 5-6 shots.... but he enjoys it. But seriously keep going and grinding through the game it's a lot more rewarding. For the record I don't have any lvl 50s either my highest guy is like 37. All legit gear.
---
It puts the lotion on it's skin.
#3SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 11/8/2012 4:09:18 AM
I was the same. Beat TVHM solo. It can be tricky, but if you can manage your skill tree well, it shouldn't be too bad.

Abuse the hell out of Deception. A full bloodshed skill tree is not recommended. If you're going to snipe, make sure you're using a decent sniper.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#4RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 11/8/2012 4:10:20 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
I was the same. Beat TVHM solo. It can be tricky, but if you can manage your skill tree well, it shouldn't be too bad.

Abuse the hell out of Deception. A full bloodshed skill tree is not recommended. If you're going to snipe, make sure you're using a decent sniper.

This guy is lying, what he meant to say is acquire as many duped shields and weapons as possible.
---
#5SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 11/8/2012 4:13:47 AM
RUNwhenCOPScome posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...

This guy is lying, what he meant to say is acquire as many duped shields and weapons as possible.

Nah, not until after I beat the warrior. Only need the kinda stuff when going against the 'invincibles'.

What kind of build you use, TC?
---
#6GujinKamiPosted 11/8/2012 4:15:18 AM(edited)
Dude, don't take any dupes it will ruin the game. BL1 was the BEST game ever then my buddy down the street got a bunch of hacked weapons/shields and it ruined the game for us. So far I've been playing BL2 legit and it is a challenge but it is fun. For example my buddy killed the final boss on the 2nd playthrough in just 5-6 shots.... but he enjoys it. But seriously keep going and grinding through the game it's a lot more rewarding. For the record I don't have any lvl 50s either my highest guy is like 37. All legit gear.

That's nice very nice. Now, what does not having duped/modded gear have to do with what OP posted?
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/23kzK.gif http://i.imgur.com/EsyAt.gif
#7SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 11/8/2012 4:17:34 AM
GujinKami posted...
That's nice very nice. Now, what does not having duped/modded gear have to do with what OP posted?

Serious question, should I stop provoking him? I'm worried that the board is getting cluttered.
---
#8im_a_double_xlPosted 11/8/2012 4:19:41 AM
I solo'd TVHM as well. There are parts that are kind of hard, but nothing to bad. As other people have said, take a look at your build. Change it if need be. Some skills may sound good, but once you get them they really suck. Some skills may sound bad, but are better than some others you would take.

You may have to adapt the way you play as well. In TVHM you can't just run in and kill everything. You need a more strategic approach. Prioritize your targets, use cover, use Goliaths to fight for you. Most of all, do everything you can to not get hit, and make sure if you do that you let your shield recharge. If your shield gets depleted, you will go down fast. If you do go down, have a good way to get a second wind planned (rockets, low health enemy nearby).

Lastly comes the loot. Loot works way differently in TVHM. Gone are the drops that last you 5 levels. You need to upgrade often. When you start TVHM the white gear is better than everything you take with you from normal mode. Don't ignore a gun because it isn't rare enough. The slots are a good place to get loot early. I would also suggest farming Old Slappy, Bunker, and a few other easy bosses. IMO the best guns are all elemental. I will take a gun with the right element over a gun with more damage any day.

All in all, good luck TC. I think the balance is just right in this game. Be vigilant, and you won't have any trouble. I still solo 2.5 with no level 50 oranges, and I rarely get downed. In the beginning of TVHM I got downed pretty regularly, so it does take some time to get used to.
#9GujinKamiPosted 11/8/2012 4:20:08 AM
Serious question, should I stop provoking him? I'm worried that the board is getting cluttered.

Building's already on fire. You can try to douse it though, since eventually it'll have to stop.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/23kzK.gif http://i.imgur.com/EsyAt.gif
#10RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 11/8/2012 4:23:07 AM
GujinKami posted...

Building's already on fire. You can try to douse it though, since eventually it'll have to stop.

Provoking? I thought I was doing that. OP mentioned he had no dupes but seemed like he wanted some. I just didn't want him to ruin his game experience. But you're a weabo so I don't even know why I'm responding. *points off in distance* HEY THERES SOME ANIME *runs off*
---