Wow @ TVHM

#21megaddtdPosted 11/8/2012 5:52:10 AM
PrezzyOxide posted...
Hey guys. So I just recently moved out with the better half which has prevented me from playing much, plus I haven't sorted the internet out for the new place yet, so the rare chance I get on the 360, I am limited to playing offline. I had the game since release and I still am yet to get to level 50 on a single character. I had some time last night to finish off the main story and start TVHM. Bear in mind that I have no internet just yet and never played online much to start with, so I have no duped weapons etc. I must say, I was struggling massively. I beat Captain Flynt after dying about 9 times, and even that included being a super n00b and not jumping down the ledge to kill him. Playing as a level 37 Zer0. I was just wondering if anyone else who has been forced to play solo for whatever reason found it this difficult too. As I recall, my Mordy and Roland characters on BL1 didn't struggle this much on PT2. I must say, I am nowhere near bored or frustrated with this game, just wondering if I am being stupid even attempting TVHM solo.

Thanks in advance for any answers/help. Hoping to be online again soon, as I don't think I'm cut out for solo TVHM.

I recently started my TVHM game and have played quite a bit solo with my Zer0. Even after leveling up in PT1 with the DLC, and being 3-4 levels higher than everything else, it's still pretty tough.

I actually found a full sniper tree to be harder to manage than bloodshed, but Cunning with the bare minimum to get to Death Bl0ss0m (skipping Twin Fang) has made life a lot easier. I put the rest in Bloodshed so I could get the skill that recharges the shields after a kill.
#22Four SkullsPosted 11/8/2012 6:29:25 AM
Managed to make it through the Bunker Solo, but for some reason it seems (to me) the difficulty ramped up around there. Of course it could be that I changed from Rampage/Gun Lust/Brawn tree to purely Gun Lust/Rampage. I just seem to go down more often, and Gunzerk quits at just the wrong time. I also seem to be getting dropped while Gunzerking, but I can Gunzerk while down so huh.
#23GreatTroySenseiPosted 11/8/2012 6:37:12 AM(edited)
My first 'legit' character I ran to 50 was Zer0 as well.

Solo TVHM can be hard for him as he's a glass cannon - he's not made for crowd control at all... learn to use deception as often as possible, spec into kunai [they are so, so very good] and I'd suggest keeping at least one decent sniper and one decent shotty on you at all times.

The shotty in conjunction with deception bonuses and the kunai can clear rooms, while the sniper can buy you time to slink away from fights that can't be won as easily. A rocket launcher is a must as well, for reviving yourself.

I got a Volcano sniper and a Texas Quad shotty from the Warrior and those always served me just fine. Legendary gear is awesome for PT2.5, but if you have it early it does make the game a joke as I found with later characters who I'd modded inventory on.

If you want, I could down level some purple items and drop them for you. Those'd give you something to work with, without wrecking the experience. I envy the champs here who get to live in mom's basement and farm all day, but we can't all be as cool as them.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#24im_a_double_xlPosted 11/8/2012 7:16:02 AM
GreatTroySensei posted...
I envy the champs here who get to live in mom's basement and farm all day, but we can't all be as cool as them.

I don't live in Mom's basement, haven't duped, and solo'd it with no legendaries. Comments like this are why people think it's so hard. THIS GAME IS NOT HARD. You don't need to farm, and you don't need legendary gear.
#25bry6trumpPosted 11/8/2012 7:50:14 AM
there are a few areas where i had a very rough time during TVHM...the first area was Wildlife Reserve and the rabid stalkers were brutal..second area was Sawtooth Cauldron where you go underground..soloing this area with Zero was tough...last was the mission 'where angels fear to tread'...the badass loaders and soldiers just destroyed me at first..just try to find better loot and gain experience..
#26MosebysRangersPosted 11/8/2012 8:01:46 AM
bry6trump posted...
there are a few areas where i had a very rough time during TVHM...the first area was Wildlife Reserve and the rabid stalkers were brutal..second area was Sawtooth Cauldron where you go underground..soloing this area with Zero was tough...last was the mission 'where angels fear to tread'...the badass loaders and soldiers just destroyed me at first..just try to find better loot and gain experience..

For this fight remember it is a bit of wave attack. Stay below stairs. Kill the turrets, flyers, that enemies as they come to you. Once the waves stop for the constructor go up to crates on area and hug them/use them for cover from the Constructor whittle it done than destroy. Be careful and finish off remaining enemies. Be careful opening ammo chests occasionally loot midget etc will jump out. When you go up road get in container area take out turrets, use containers for cover and to dodge slowly eliminate troopers and turrets they set up. Go inside gate and get behind left container. Slowly eliminate enemies as they come towards you, When have time strafe right and kill the consrructor way at top til dead. If you find enemies swarming you use deception and repeat from right side container. Once they are eliminated than work your way to top slowly and surely. Do the bunker. Than inside just remember to destroy the shock things and turrets than pretty much let enemies come to you using the inner structure as cover. Hope that helps.