Has gearbox attitude towards dupers/cheaters changed your future buy of BL3?

#51dr_sub_limePosted 11/8/2012 11:50:09 AM
Rafedx posted...
ApexMjolnir posted...
the only thing I see is a problem, is people joining your game randomly, with modded stuff, and even though you are at level 50, you start gaining experience.

So you call out to the LEVEL 150 that just joined your game, and ask him to leave, when he runs over to the save checkpoint, and uses the save feature and lets off his grenade that does 400,000 damage X 500 mirvs, which then locks your game while saving.

You can say that I should just play with friends, but it is not possible with the hours I work. All I wanted to do was have some help finishing the LAST few Badass Ranks, two of which requires more than one person.

Game save from day 1, level 50 with everything complete, corrupted. Awesome.

I don't care about Duping, I don't do it. The only thing I have from anyone else, is a level 49 Bee Shield. Anyone that I play with from now on, If I see anything funny going on, I will just save and quit, even if I am host.

Wait, you can get a corrupted save from dupers screwing around with you? If that is true thats ****ing terrible of anyone to do. If this is the case I can see the reasoning behind wanting to crack down on cheaters, but I can also see the point of view from someone who wants to get the most from his game even if it is hacks.

In the end I was going to say "Where is the option for I don't care what people do I am getting BL3." but that corrupted save thing from dupers is pretty rancid, people want the most out of the game while inadvertently punishing people who want to play normally with a corrupt save.

All that's left to say is if they keep the cheating, then dupers don't be butthurt when someone hits a check point and saves your game while you were trying to dupe in their room. People can cheat but stay out of random people rooms, same goes with people who want to play legit, if you see duping just leave.

you cant get corrupted file from a duper

you CAN get a corrupter file from a MODDER

tottally different animals

then again, modders can also FIX corrupted files..
---
xbox live gamertag -> "DrSublime"
psn id -> "DrSublime"
#52bcon1208Posted 11/8/2012 11:52:31 AM
No they need to release an official editing tool alongside Borderlands 3...now that would make it all better :)
---
GT: lIl Nemesis lIl
"You can run, but you'll just die tired"
#53badreflectorPosted 11/8/2012 11:53:54 AM
I think duping should be required in BL3.
#54WimpyWeaksaucePosted 11/8/2012 11:55:45 AM(edited)
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Regular players are being scared away by duping?

I don't think that's a game problem, that's a mentality problem. Nothing gearbox can do about that other than say 'suck it up', or simply cave to the small percentage of the fanbase that wants to dictate how others play.

I 100% agree. I'm a hardcore gamer who cannot fathom why people get so mad about cheaters and dupers in cooperative games.

TC, your poll is awful. Stop trying to put words in people's mouths. I don't agree with any of your options, and I think many other players don't agree, either. You're delusional.
---
http://i31.tinypic.com/2aerpu8.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/29mwpok.jpg
#55ZardoZsaysPosted 11/8/2012 11:54:57 AM
I think they are going to go MMO, which means server side saves and all sorts of new issues! So Ill wait and see, I won't be buying any of the other DLC in protest anyway...my vote doesnt count.
#56PyschoCurtPosted 11/8/2012 11:55:07 AM
Where's the option Yes, because I don't give a hoot.
---
Xbox/Steam ID - PyschoCurt
#57Sand_CoffinPosted 11/8/2012 11:56:32 AM
Voted for the offline choice. I play co-op with my fiance and that's it.
#58beoulve010Posted 11/8/2012 12:04:54 PM
If gearbox doesn't patch the possibility out of the game then they shouldn't punish anyone but themselves.
It's their fault that it's possible , they made the game not the players that make use of it.
---
---guns are for show , knives for the pro---
#59phillipfitzPosted 11/8/2012 12:55:01 PM
The problem is that there is more people asking for duping because of the drop rate in the game. Who wouldn't get mad if they killed the warrior 100 times and didn't get anything. I've helped people out on the forums with stuff they ask for and when I sign onto my Xbox again I have like 10 messages asking if I could give them an item. So either play offline or host your own game and kick the people you don't like. There's nothing that's gonna be done now to fix it with this game. To many ways to get around it.
#60kiwimyweeweePosted 11/8/2012 1:11:20 PM
phillipfitz posted...
The problem is that there is more people asking for duping because of the drop rate in the game. Who wouldn't get mad if they killed the warrior 100 times and didn't get anything. I've helped people out on the forums with stuff they ask for and when I sign onto my Xbox again I have like 10 messages asking if I could give them an item. So either play offline or host your own game and kick the people you don't like. There's nothing that's gonna be done now to fix it with this game. To many ways to get around it.

You don't need the conference call or any legendaries. So if you don't want to farm the warrior 100 times then you don't have too. There are a ton of things to do in this game like just playing it for fun.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.