Has gearbox attitude towards dupers/cheaters changed your future buy of BL3?

#61TsurukePosted 11/8/2012 2:22:43 PM
Chrono Trigger Rules posted...
damn should be 2 chances*

You forgot, the Yes, I play online but don't dupe or cheat. option as some do play online while duping and/or cheating does not effect them.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#62DR_PariahPosted 11/8/2012 2:24:01 PM
Can we have an option of "yes because I don't care about duping"?
#63Angel_XBlazePosted 11/8/2012 2:33:56 PM
Oh look, it's another ignorant poster on GameFaqs. How great.
---
BlazBlue CS Main: Hazama/Ragna
"So, as I pray...Unlimited Blade Works."
#64CBratePosted 11/8/2012 2:48:56 PM
2) I stay offline because I'm a whiney *****.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 158 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: pabIito
#65ICantNameGudPosted 11/8/2012 2:49:04 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
phillipfitz posted...
The problem is that there is more people asking for duping because of the drop rate in the game. Who wouldn't get mad if they killed the warrior 100 times and didn't get anything. I've helped people out on the forums with stuff they ask for and when I sign onto my Xbox again I have like 10 messages asking if I could give them an item. So either play offline or host your own game and kick the people you don't like. There's nothing that's gonna be done now to fix it with this game. To many ways to get around it.

You don't need the conference call or any legendaries. So if you don't want to farm the warrior 100 times then you don't have too. There are a ton of things to do in this game like just playing it for fun.

I'm really glad it bothers you guys this much. It just makes me want to respond to every "LF" topic. You people seriously need to get over yourselves. It's like being mad that people turn on flying cars in GTA vice city.

Inb4/I HAVE TO PLAY WITH RANDOMS AND PICKUP WHATEVER THEY DROP SO I CANT HAVE FUN WAAAAAHHHHG
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#66BleachisfamePosted 11/8/2012 2:51:47 PM
The way I see it it would take you a year playing eight hours a day just farming to get all the legendaries in the game by duping you can share the smile I get when the nukem evaporates an opponent or the joys of the deliverance if you don't like dupers don't play with them next thing you'll be knocking on alcohol because people drink and drive its a pointless argument and gearboxes take on dupers is see no evil than there is no evil not to mention they're not cracking down on dupers they're banning modders and if you have a problem with all that buy a ps3 and play on psn where you can't mod and quit b****ing on Xbox forums
#67DyinglegacyPosted 11/8/2012 2:53:13 PM
Unfortunately, duping is cheating and there really isn't any way to bend words to make it sound like it's anything other than that. Duping IS cheating, It does not matter the opinion that one holds on the issue. Now, I do dupe EVEN THOUGH I know it's cheating. I would assume that we all would say that "cheating" is wrong, and that it is a bad thing... especially if we look at it in a real life scenario; however, being humans we are inherently hypocritical. It's just the way we are. Say it with me, it will feel good to say it out loud. "I am a hypocrite." See? Refreshing.

With that said, I continue to dupe. Why? Because I can, and as long as the exploit is in the game I will abuse it. Plain and simple. There are a few things that separate me from the crowed of dupers, though. One being that I understand that duping is cheating and I am able to admit it, and two I only do it in moderation. I stick to a strict "code of honor" so to speak when it comes to duping. Pretty much the only item I will accept that is duped is the legendary class mod, and that is because verm is soooooo unreliable to farm. Another code is that I will freely dupe items IF everyone in the party is present at the time of a rare loot drop. Lastly, I dupe freely amongst my real life friends.

I understand that people payed money for this game AND should be able to play the way that they want. On the flip side of that I also understand this ideology becomes void once a person takes their play experience online into random games because that person is no longer just playing by themselves. The way we play DOES affect other people when we are actually playing with them.
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
"Be polite to others, and do not act in a way that you would not act in person."
#68ICantNameGudPosted 11/8/2012 2:58:37 PM
Duping is cheating. So what. I love that that guy posted like 4 paragraphs to say "I dupe, but I'm superior to other dupers."

It's a game. This is the internet. Attempting to save face over anonymous entertainment for no reason, all of my why?
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#69DyinglegacyPosted 11/8/2012 3:05:14 PM(edited)
I didn't say that I was superior. Just a tad bit different than the majority of people who dupe. I didn't mean to offend you in anyway, Gud. As a matter of a fact I like you, and I enjoy most of your posts as I find them funny and entertaining. :)
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
"Be polite to others, and do not act in a way that you would not act in person."
#70kiwimyweeweePosted 11/8/2012 3:03:00 PM
ICantNameGud posted...
kiwimyweewee posted...
phillipfitz posted...
The problem is that there is more people asking for duping because of the drop rate in the game. Who wouldn't get mad if they killed the warrior 100 times and didn't get anything. I've helped people out on the forums with stuff they ask for and when I sign onto my Xbox again I have like 10 messages asking if I could give them an item. So either play offline or host your own game and kick the people you don't like. There's nothing that's gonna be done now to fix it with this game. To many ways to get around it.

You don't need the conference call or any legendaries. So if you don't want to farm the warrior 100 times then you don't have too. There are a ton of things to do in this game like just playing it for fun.

I'm really glad it bothers you guys this much. It just makes me want to respond to every "LF" topic. You people seriously need to get over yourselves. It's like being mad that people turn on flying cars in GTA vice city.

Inb4/I HAVE TO PLAY WITH RANDOMS AND PICKUP WHATEVER THEY DROP SO I CANT HAVE FUN WAAAAAHHHHG

It doesn't bother me. Just wanted to point out you don't have to farm or dupe in this game to have fun.

Little dramatic of you.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.