Has gearbox attitude towards dupers/cheaters changed your future buy of BL3?

#71DyinglegacyPosted 11/8/2012 3:18:28 PM(edited)
ICantNameGud posted...
Duping is cheating. So what. I love that that guy posted like 4 paragraphs to say "I dupe, but I'm superior to other dupers."

It's a game. This is the internet. Attempting to save face over anonymous entertainment for no reason, all of my why?

It is REALLY hard for me to get across my intent and emotion without the inclusion of voice tone, body gestures, and facial expressions. After reading this comment that you posted above then rereading my post again I can see how you could get a "holier than thou" impression from my post. For that, I apologize. I did not mean to come off that way. I was simply trying to explain the views that I hold. Thank you for making me aware.

EDIT: Please ignore my below post. I seems that I mistakenly made a duplicate copy of this one unknowingly.
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
"Be polite to others, and do not act in a way that you would not act in person."
#72DyinglegacyPosted 11/8/2012 3:15:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#73CadilacDonPosted 11/8/2012 3:33:28 PM
For people the dude calling dupers tools may I remind you that Verimvous only spawns in 4 player groups in my experience and that if he drops anything worthwhile head/mod that you do not have I'd be pretty pissed if I wasn't the one who got to rare item he dropped and picked it up and since you don't dupe you have to kill him another dozen times(even if you get him to spawn that many times in an average Verm Farm) you will run into the same problem who gets the rare items he drops same with every other boss. And most dupers only dupe bc they don't won't another soul going through the agony of farming a boss for 3 weeks just to see 1 legendary.
#74julio77777Posted 11/8/2012 3:40:01 PM
Why do you even care what other people do ???

It's not a competitive game to begin with, so if some people want to cheat let them it's their business !

Personally it would ruin the experience for me so I don't do it, but I can see why some people do. Play the game however you want and stop concerning yourself with what other people do.
#75WandymanPosted 11/8/2012 3:40:31 PM
Duping isn't the problem, modding is. I personally don't care either way. How does duping hurt you? What's annoying is the play style of some people.
#76SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 11/8/2012 3:43:08 PM
Wait, why was my post moderated, but the TC's message calling me a tool was left untouched?

Come on, mods. Don't be like that.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#77WandymanPosted 11/8/2012 3:44:41 PM
Chrono Trigger Rules posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Regular players are being scared away by duping?

I don't think that's a game problem, that's a mentality problem. Nothing gearbox can do about that other than say 'suck it up', or simply cave to the small percentage of the fanbase that wants to dictate how others play.

You guys are the ones dictating how us NORMAL PLAYERS play you tool.....
We cant go online in a game we paid for because you guys just have to be so childish and cheat.

You can't go online because of duping? Good logic. How does it break your game and how do you know without being told that you're playing with a duper?
#78PenguinKillBearPosted 11/8/2012 3:46:12 PM
It is simple. Playing with randoms is a part of this game that I enjoy. I can no longer do that because everyone has the all the same weapons that can kill everything in seconds. I went to farm Terra last night with randoms in each of 8 games every single person had a bee+cc and killed him in seconds. It was boring.

You can say "how do you know they didnt farm them legit?" well I am sure maybe one or two did. I did see the same cc with the exact same stats in 5 out of the 8 games. How do I know this, well because in each games the person dropped it for the others in the group. None of which I took.

Duping, and modding kills the online experience of this game for me. So yes, it does have an impact.

Yes, I can play with friends, and i do. However, playing with randoms is a part of this game, and please explain to me how this part of the game being ruined for me does not affect me?
---
GT; PenguinKillBear
#79Max58201Posted 11/8/2012 3:49:34 PM
am i the only one glad these people won't play bl3

long story short i never had to deal with dupers or cheaters and do you know why? because it does not take long to find a party on the forums stating you don't condone duping but would like to farm or such with someone and share the legendary gear.
played both games to death and have had a great non duping time even with some randoms.
let them dupe and cheat just don't play with them
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#80WandymanPosted 11/8/2012 3:54:19 PM
PenguinKillBear posted...
It is simple. Playing with randoms is a part of this game that I enjoy. I can no longer do that because everyone has the all the same weapons that can kill everything in seconds. I went to farm Terra last night with randoms in each of 8 games every single person had a bee+cc and killed him in seconds. It was boring.

You can say "how do you know they didnt farm them legit?" well I am sure maybe one or two did. I did see the same cc with the exact same stats in 5 out of the 8 games. How do I know this, well because in each games the person dropped it for the others in the group. None of which I took.

Duping, and modding kills the online experience of this game for me. So yes, it does have an impact.

Yes, I can play with friends, and i do. However, playing with randoms is a part of this game, and please explain to me how this part of the game being ruined for me does not affect me?

You said it yourself, bee+c, that's the problem. Not duping. Those two items are the two most popular dupe requests. Play without that combo and everything is fine. Host a game and have a rule that the Bee isn't allowed, problem solved.