Has gearbox attitude towards dupers/cheaters changed your future buy of BL3?

#81WandymanPosted 11/8/2012 2:56:51 PM
Max58201 posted...
am i the only one glad these people won't play bl3

long story short i never had to deal with dupers or cheaters and do you know why? because it does not take long to find a party on the forums stating you don't condone duping but would like to farm or such with someone and share the legendary gear.
played both games to death and have had a great non duping time even with some randoms.
let them dupe and cheat just don't play with them

You want to farm or such and share the legendary gear? How does one do that? You guys gonna agree on a timeshare or something?
#82generalhsPosted 11/8/2012 2:57:50 PM
CTR is a known GameFAQs troll guys. You've been trolled.
#83PenguinKillBearPosted 11/8/2012 3:00:39 PM
Wandyman posted...
PenguinKillBear posted...
It is simple. Playing with randoms is a part of this game that I enjoy. I can no longer do that because everyone has the all the same weapons that can kill everything in seconds. I went to farm Terra last night with randoms in each of 8 games every single person had a bee+cc and killed him in seconds. It was boring.

You can say "how do you know they didnt farm them legit?" well I am sure maybe one or two did. I did see the same cc with the exact same stats in 5 out of the 8 games. How do I know this, well because in each games the person dropped it for the others in the group. None of which I took.

Duping, and modding kills the online experience of this game for me. So yes, it does have an impact.

Yes, I can play with friends, and i do. However, playing with randoms is a part of this game, and please explain to me how this part of the game being ruined for me does not affect me?

You said it yourself, bee+c, that's the problem. Not duping. Those two items are the two most popular dupe requests. Play without that combo and everything is fine. Host a game and have a rule that the Bee isn't allowed, problem solved.

That was an example. Its not the only problem Entering games with people that have every single legendary at one of its highest drops is boring. It takes away any challenge and it takes away the fun. Duping is the problem. The bee+cc is a symptom.
---
GT; PenguinKillBear
#84WandymanPosted 11/8/2012 3:07:47 PM
Wandyman posted...
It is simple. Playing with randoms is a part of this game that I enjoy. I can no longer do that because everyone has the all the same weapons that can kill everything in seconds. I went to farm Terra last night with randoms in each of 8 games every single person had a bee+cc and killed him in seconds. It was boring.

You can say "how do you know they didnt farm them legit?" well I am sure maybe one or two did. I did see the same cc with the exact same stats in 5 out of the 8 games. How do I know this, well because in each games the person dropped it for the others in the group. None of which I took.

Duping, and modding kills the online experience of this game for me. So yes, it does have an impact.

Yes, I can play with friends, and i do. However, playing with randoms is a part of this game, and please explain to me how this part of the game being ruined for me does not affect me?

You said it yourself, bee+c, that's the problem. Not duping. Those two items are the two most popular dupe requests. Play without that combo and everything is fine. Host a game and have a rule that the Bee isn't allowed, problem solved.

That was an example. Its not the only problem Entering games with people that have every single legendary at one of its highest drops is boring. It takes away any challenge and it takes away the fun. Duping is the problem. The bee+cc is a symptom.

I'm a duper and choose not to use that combo unless i want to feel uber OP'd. I'm sorry but legendary or not they aren't really all that powerful. You can find purple pistols that are better than the infinity pistols. You can find purple shotguns better than the overrated CC.
#85Horsecalledwar7Posted 11/8/2012 3:12:58 PM
My god stupid topic. Just wtf is the difference between duping an item andovselling one on an ingame marketplace? One person earns the item the other gets the item they didn't earn.

After 250+ hours in the first game with only getting one of the legendary atlas guns, I have no problem with duping. And as fr as borderlands 2 goes you jacksmears who cannot admit the loot system is BROKEN just aren't listening to why gearbox has acknowledged, listening to your peer group, or playing through the game enough. I have two legit 50's and that equals four playthroughs of the game with only finding two orange weapons. After farming the warrior over 75 times I did get 2 more.

I'd rather HAVE a community that includes dupers where I can get some heads or trade items. I'm currently trading lowbie weapons now and have met a bunch of cool people who collect and have legit characters too. A reasonable person can enjoy the best of both worlds without having a marketplace system.

And what about players who mainly play on PC but bought a second copy of the game to play with friends? I know two. They don't want to duplicate all that pc farming when they jump on for a few Xbox hours and I happily help em out here and there with heads or whatever. It hurts no one.
#86PenguinKillBearPosted 11/8/2012 3:17:25 PM
Horsecalledwar7 posted...
My god stupid topic. Just wtf is the difference between duping an item andovselling one on an ingame marketplace? One person earns the item the other gets the item they didn't earn.

After 250+ hours in the first game with only getting one of the legendary atlas guns, I have no problem with duping. And as fr as borderlands 2 goes you jacksmears who cannot admit the loot system is BROKEN just aren't listening to why gearbox has acknowledged, listening to your peer group, or playing through the game enough. I have two legit 50's and that equals four playthroughs of the game with only finding two orange weapons. After farming the warrior over 75 times I did get 2 more.

I'd rather HAVE a community that includes dupers where I can get some heads or trade items. I'm currently trading lowbie weapons now and have met a bunch of cool people who collect and have legit characters too. A reasonable person can enjoy the best of both worlds without having a marketplace system.

And what about players who mainly play on PC but bought a second copy of the game to play with friends? I know two. They don't want to duplicate all that pc farming when they jump on for a few Xbox hours and I happily help em out here and there with heads or whatever. It hurts no one.

well horseperson the obvious difference here is that in 1 situation both people come away wth the weapon (duping, and they can give it to infinitely more people thus flooding the system with it) and the other only one person comes away with the weapon and the system does not become flooded.

Like I said earlier playing with randoms is unfun when every single person I play with already has all the best weapons and kills everything and there is no challenge.
---
GT; PenguinKillBear
#87RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 11/8/2012 3:26:00 PM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Why bother starting a poll if you're not going to be objective?

*secretly working for me* 8)
---
It puts the lotion on it's skin.
#88SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 11/8/2012 3:28:24 PM
RUNwhenCOPScome posted...
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Why bother starting a poll if you're not going to be objective?

*secretly working for me* 8)

I KNEW IT :P
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#89cincyguitarheroPosted 11/8/2012 3:34:10 PM
Dyinglegacy posted...
ICantNameGud posted...
Duping is cheating. So what. I love that that guy posted like 4 paragraphs to say "I dupe, but I'm superior to other dupers."

It's a game. This is the internet. Attempting to save face over anonymous entertainment for no reason, all of my why?

It is REALLY hard for me to get across my intent and emotion without the inclusion of voice tone, body gestures, and facial expressions. After reading this comment that you posted above then rereading my post again I can see how you could get a "holier than thou" impression from my post. For that, I apologize. I did not mean to come off that way. I was simply trying to explain the views that I hold. Thank you for making me aware.

EDIT: Please ignore my below post. I seems that I mistakenly made a duplicate copy of this one unknowingly.

Duper lol
---
[R3D] Metalhead, rager, teabagger. OPEN WIDE!
#90DyinglegacyPosted 11/8/2012 4:02:06 PM
cincyguitarhero posted...
Dyinglegacy posted...
ICantNameGud posted...
Duping is cheating. So what. I love that that guy posted like 4 paragraphs to say "I dupe, but I'm superior to other dupers."

It's a game. This is the internet. Attempting to save face over anonymous entertainment for no reason, all of my why?

It is REALLY hard for me to get across my intent and emotion without the inclusion of voice tone, body gestures, and facial expressions. After reading this comment that you posted above then rereading my post again I can see how you could get a "holier than thou" impression from my post. For that, I apologize. I did not mean to come off that way. I was simply trying to explain the views that I hold. Thank you for making me aware.

EDIT: Please ignore my below post. I seems that I mistakenly made a duplicate copy of this one unknowingly.

Duper lol

LOL! Touché!
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
"Be polite to others, and do not act in a way that you would not act in person."