why does duping anger people

#31MetalJ471Posted 11/9/2012 9:20:30 AM(edited)
JEBUS CRIPES THE POLITICALLY CORRECT DEITY!!!
Look how many times i've been quoted on the 3rd page!?!
---
[This sig was deleted at the request of an enemy of free speech or another enemy of free speech]
#32Assassin_X_GethPosted 11/9/2012 9:40:26 AM
Because people are to stupid to realize dupping does not affect the game. If this was something like Halo, COD....etc. Then yes it would be unfair since you are playing against others. But in this its COOP. If you see someone cheating you can freely leave the game and find another.
---
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.
#33MetalJ471Posted 11/10/2012 1:56:47 PM
All those anti dupers should chill out and think about this, There was duping in Borderlands and gearbox did nothing about it, now in Borderlands 2 you dupe the same way as the first game therefore Gearbox has done nothing to the programming to stop it in the second game

Gear box don't care if players dupe, if they did they would have fixed it so you couldn't do it and if Gearbox don't care why should players?
---
[This sig was deleted at the request of an enemy of free speech or another enemy of free speech]
#34kiwimyweeweePosted 11/10/2012 2:12:20 PM
MetalJ471 posted...
All those anti dupers should chill out and think about this, There was duping in Borderlands and gearbox did nothing about it, now in Borderlands 2 you dupe the same way as the first game therefore Gearbox has done nothing to the programming to stop it in the second game

Gear box don't care if players dupe, if they did they would have fixed it so you couldn't do it and if Gearbox don't care why should players?

They could have made it a much bigger pain for dupers but would have slighted people who don't play online. They won't do that.

I can't find the article or quote but they said that.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#35lnknprk_45Posted 11/10/2012 2:16:55 PM
MetalJ471 posted...

That's just bad reasoning. Duping is still there because it's done through a mechanic that's part of the console. Unless you want an always on connection like Diablo 3 duping is going to always be there, and even then you could still possibly have duping with an always on connection. Duping is still possible because the way to stop it would be too intrusive on those that don't dupe. It's like when piracy ends up hurting those that don't pirate.
#36BhelliumPosted 11/10/2012 2:19:20 PM
Falloutgenuis posted...
Because... I have no idea why. It just like how some people want certain things to remain illegal, if you know what I mean.

If it's drugs, not really. Whole different tier there. Except for a certain one that pops to mind and isn't all that different than drinking a beer and smoking a cigarette at the same time, less harmful actually in the long run.

Not drugs, like gay marriage or something... I could actually see that.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#37spfurm01Posted 11/10/2012 4:09:51 PM
AngryOldFeral posted...
I play Monster Hunter. I'm one of those stupid bastards that kills the same giant monster 70 times to get one key ingredient to make new clothes. Farming for hours does not actually strike me as an alien concept.

IMO Monster Hunter has a much better drop rate for rare items. Also killing monsters is actually fun.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#38beebagPosted 11/10/2012 4:29:23 PM
It doesnt hurt anyone, accept it and move on. Not everyone has the luxury of spending hours upon hours farming for a gun, which is a lame reason for them to not get to have one. Its cool that you guys dont mind farming that much, if thats what makes the game enjoyble for you then awesome, farm the sh*t outa those bosses. Just dont hate on the people getting their guns duped, theyre just trying to enjoy the game in their own way. Isnt that why we all bought it? To enjoy a sweet game?
#39CecilPosted 11/10/2012 4:39:58 PM
Shouldn't have made the drop rate so horrible, this is not a MMO, not saying improved dropped rates would stop duping but I gaurentee it would not be as bad