Golden Keys should be dropped in game...

#21__Vyse_Posted 11/9/2012 10:11:53 AM
complainers should just do the geary side quest thing and you can get infinite purple weapons anyways, only difference is it takes about 10 minutes.
---
my sig sucks again.
#22Poopskin860Posted 11/9/2012 10:13:42 AM
nothing special in the chest anyway. All ive ever got were purple pistols and a couple e tech guns.
---
GT: Poopskin860
#23FearBonerPosted 11/9/2012 10:15:11 AM
3CDED posted...
SixStringSamuai posted...
You dont have to. Over 100 million ppl use twitter, make friends with one of them.

there are six billion plus people on the planet. few of my friends have twitter and im not going to hassle those that do about a game they don't even own.

Just bookmark twitter.com/duvalmagic and twitter.com/gearboxsoftware

Those are the two accounts that tweet codes. Check them every now and then, you don't have to be on Twitter all the time to get these codes.
---
"POP POP!" - Magnitude
#24MonoxideHektikPosted 11/9/2012 10:20:58 AM
So you're saying I have to do something extra or meet certain criteria to receive a bonus?

Huh. Imagine that.
---
How is making money be illegal. - JDM_Jev
I am topic killer. GT: Chrizwald---MW3, Rock Band 3
#25MetalJ471Posted 11/9/2012 10:35:37 AM
Personally i hate the Golden Keys feature for several reasons that may seem petty
1. I don't use twitter and rarely use facebook so by the time i hear about a code it has timed out and can't be used
2. I got a Golden Key when i bought BL2 and after reading about leveled loot i waited a while before i opened the chest (around level 30) what did i get? 2 purple Jakobs machine guns, now i don't have a problem with Jakobs weapons i liked them in BL but both weapons were inferior in all stats compared to the Bandit machine gun i was currently using.

I even signed up to that Gearbox shift code system ingame, got another key for it and opened the chest at a higher level again, and got COM's for other classes but not mine and inferior grenade mods

I was expecting the golden chest to have better chance to snag some better gear BUT NO!
it's just as random as opening a chest you find anywhere else, Considering that it's a "Golden Chest" that can only be opened with special keys you would think there would be good loot in it? do you know what that golden chest is? A way to wring just a little more money out of gamers and a big middle finger from Gearbox
---
[This sig was deleted at the request of an enemy of free speech or another enemy of free speech]
#26Assassin_X_GethPosted 11/9/2012 10:38:31 AM
After seeing how useless the keys are I stopped using them. I have 10 saved though. So if I do need to use them I just do the infinite key glitch thing. The weapons you get have stats for like 3-4 levels above you. So if you level fast the weapons become useless. More so if your at 50.
---
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.
#27Argyle_GargoylePosted 11/9/2012 10:40:16 AM
MetalJ471 posted...
Personally i hate the Golden Keys feature for several reasons that may seem petty
1. I don't use twitter and rarely use facebook so by the time i hear about a code it has timed out and can't be used
2. I got a Golden Key when i bought BL2 and after reading about leveled loot i waited a while before i opened the chest (around level 30) what did i get? 2 purple Jakobs machine guns, now i don't have a problem with Jakobs weapons i liked them in BL but both weapons were inferior in all stats compared to the Bandit machine gun i was currently using.

I even signed up to that Gearbox shift code system ingame, got another key for it and opened the chest at a higher level again, and got COM's for other classes but not mine and inferior grenade mods

I was expecting the golden chest to have better chance to snag some better gear BUT NO!
it's just as random as opening a chest you find anywhere else, Considering that it's a "Golden Chest" that can only be opened with special keys you would think there would be good loot in it? do you know what that golden chest is? A way to wring just a little more money out of gamers and a big middle finger from Gearbox

please explain how you are being screwed out of your hard earned money by these free code giveaways?

your comments on the chest not giving you great loot is valid, but just like all other loot, its random, but complaining that they are taking money from you with the golden chest? how exactly is that happening?
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#28MetalJ471Posted 11/9/2012 11:20:31 AM
i paid extra for the version with a golden key at the start (and the mechro), do all copys of the game start with a golden key?
---
[This sig was deleted at the request of an enemy of free speech or another enemy of free speech]
#29Seiichi OmoriPosted 11/9/2012 11:24:27 AM
meh, ill just farm Treasure Room if I want gads of purples and e-techs
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APzzrSREjzQ
Hassan CHOP!
#30Argyle_GargoylePosted 11/9/2012 11:28:59 AM
MetalJ471 posted...
i paid extra for the version with a golden key at the start (and the mechro), do all copys of the game start with a golden key?

mechro was a pre order bonus and was totally free for those who put money down. it was a $10 DLC for people who purchased it after the fact.

it was a free reward from the devs for the people who had enough faith in the release to pre order it.

it would be different if they were selling the keys in any fashion, but they are giving them away for free. not trying to swindle people out of any money at all
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!