Golden Keys should be dropped in game...

#31MC2011Posted 11/9/2012 10:35:02 AM
I can't help but think of the golden key to look like this...

http://i.imgur.com/QphSG.gif

For lack of a better picture to the key I was thinking of, I instead used that. Just think of Batman as the inevitable loot ninja running away with your key.

or I guess this would probably work better...

http://i.imgur.com/3gqHi.jpg
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#32JimiMorrison187Posted 11/9/2012 10:50:57 AM
They should have made Golden keys as quest rewards in TVHM instead of useless Eridium. Don't have to do it every time, but at least do it 2-3 times during the game. Make it once every time a new set of side quests become available. Then you can get one for every new tier you are in game.
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/968921/walldunk_medium.gif
#33MetalJ471Posted 11/9/2012 11:07:13 AM
Think i'll shut up now as i am obviously in the wrong
---
[This sig was deleted at the request of an enemy of free speech or another enemy of free speech]
#34SixStringSamuaiPosted 11/9/2012 11:16:16 AM
MetalJ471 posted...
Think i'll shut up now as i am obviously in the wrong

This.
---
I'm working on this screenplay for a movie, it's called Schindler's List 2: Let's get this party started.
#35mooninomicsPosted 11/9/2012 11:31:10 AM(edited)
Eh, sure, why not? The chest loot isn't anything special anyway. Maybe have some keys drop with the frequency of E-tech weapons, you know, get them once in a while but not too often. Or maybe have Crazy Earl sell keys on the black market and make Eridium actually worth picking up later on in the game.

But yeah, having them available in-game sounds fine. I'm not going to go around checking feeds and entering codes so that I can find a pair of crappy purple weapons that I'll just end up selling immediately. Getting them through regular gameplay works much better.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#36Tru_NavaronePosted 11/9/2012 11:37:52 AM
You don't have to sit by your computer waiting for golden keys. Just set your Twitter so that it sends you a text message of whatever Gear tweets, whenever they tweet. If you're close to your 360, great. If not, oh well. I think its fair that they ask you to follow them on Twitter, friend them on facebook and watch their YouTube channel. Don't know why they need you to sign up for Shift but whatever. The only thing I find unfair is that silver member don't get access to these keys but that a Microsoft thing apparently. However, I'm sure that if Gear fought for it, silver members could get the keys. The pros and cons of PSN vs Xbox Live
---
I can tell you why there aint black folk in anime.
*random anime scenario commences* Black folk: **** that!! -dmainev3
#37SixStringSamuaiPosted 11/9/2012 12:38:01 PM
Its amazing how many ppl dont know how twitter works.

And no, sorry but silver members shouldn't get the same extras/exclusives that paying gold members get. Gold is a premium, and all the added material that comes with having gold, are a part of that premium.

You want it? Buy gold. Otherwise, you get what you pay for.
---
I'm working on this screenplay for a movie, it's called Schindler's List 2: Let's get this party started.
#38davinthegreat98Posted 11/9/2012 12:40:30 PM
agree. make it a rare drop from a DLC boss (once a day fights) about as rare as getting a norfleet from hyperious. gearbox gets money, we get keys,
---
Not changing this sig until i fix my time machine.
Finished on 8/26/2012
#39MC2011Posted 11/9/2012 12:44:33 PM
And no, sorry but silver members shouldn't get the same extras/exclusives that paying gold members get. Gold is a premium, and all the added material that comes with having gold, are a part of that premium.

It must infuriate you that PC and PS3 users can enter the codes without having to pay for a service, and that MS takes otherwise free services others provide and charges you for it.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#40SixStringSamuaiPosted 11/9/2012 12:48:09 PM
MC2011 posted...

It must infuriate you that PC and PS3 users can enter the codes without having to pay for a service, and that MS takes otherwise free services others provide and charges you for it.

Not realy given all the other premium features that xbla has that ps3 doesnt, the premium is still more than worth it. Party chat, better security, first dibs on exclusives. All premium features that come with gold.
---